It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author faces criticism for "Being white in Philly" article

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Black slavery in America was brutal.

Name me a form of Slavery that is not brutal. You say you are tired of whites generalizing blacks? Well I am tired of blacks blaming the fact that their ancestors were slaves as reasons they are so oppressed today. Not one single white person alive in america today has ever been a slaveowner. Not one single black person alive today has ever been a slave. From what I see it is mainly black folks (especially the younger ones) that will not let the topic stay in the past. Do you know how many times I have heard white people say that they basically voted for Obama to prove they are not racist? Its sickening how people will cower down and take full responsibility for something that they had no part in. Black people are the ones who keep racism alive. White people are too happy to forget about it.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm just saying don't pretend that it never happened, and if it did, it wasn't that bad. Let's get one thing straight, I'm not some black guy that blames others for my problems, I'M responsible for me, but the generalizations of black people as a whole and the minimalization of black slavery in America. When I was very young, my great grandmother used to tell me things that shook me to my core as a young child, and she was half white and half Cherokee, and my grandmother had some stories as well. So don t step to me like black people had it made. .

When did I say that black people had it made? When did I ever say that i pretend that slavery never happened? For someone that hates generalizations so much, you sure are quick to employ them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Black slavery in America was brutal.

Name me a form of Slavery that is not brutal. You say you are tired of whites generalizing blacks? Well I am tired of blacks blaming the fact that their ancestors were slaves as reasons they are so oppressed today. Not one single white person alive in america today has ever been a slaveowner. Not one single black person alive today has ever been a slave. From what I see it is mainly black folks (especially the younger ones) that will not let the topic stay in the past. Do you know how many times I have heard white people say that they basically voted for Obama to prove they are not racist? Its sickening how people will cower down and take full responsibility for something that they had no part in.
Listen man, there you go with the generalization sh!+ again, ' blacks'' aren't blaming anything on white people! SOME blacks do! That's like me blaming ALL white people for lynchings that my great grandmother witnessed as a child. I know that I'm outnumbered here, but you can back off me man. I'm not your enemy, and this is the last of being apologetic, and explaining myself. I'm not trying to be antagonistic but you are. It's stupid as fv@k for me to think that MOST white people are racist, just like it's dumb as hell for you to assume that MOST black people blame white people for everything. Some of my blood relatives are white, as well as my wife of 10 years, so you can lay off me, man. Again,I'm NOT your enemy, and no more explaining my position. Are we done, sir? And one more thing, I can give LESS than a damn what you say, no other race still feels the residuals of slavery TODAY except black people.Deny that all you want. Blacks still get the residuals from slavery, it's the most recent slavery besides ''white slavery'' today. And why is bondage today referred to as ''white slavery ''? Riddle me THAT. On second thought, I'm done here with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I thought you weren't emotive? And I assume nothing. It is what I see. I live in a town full of black people. Not a suburb, or a ghetto, but an entire town. So don't tell me that blacks aren't racist when I see it everyday. The vast majority of the ones here are very racist. Even to each other. "The blacker you are, the dumber you are." I've heard that from so many black people here its not even funny.

And what "residuals" from slavery are still alive today? Oh thats right, the ones that black people refuse to let go.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

As in residuals do you mean benefits? Like the right to speak out against whatever they please without any repercussions while if you swapped the races, all Hell would break loose.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I thought you weren't emotive? And I assume nothing. It is what I see. I live in a town full of black people. Not a suburb, or a ghetto, but an entire town. So don't tell me that blacks aren't racist when I see it everyday. The vast majority of the ones here are very racist. Even to each other. "The blacker you are, the dumber you are." I've heard that from so many black people here its not even funny.
I'm from the South, Georgia to be precise, and it's not like it is in Philly and all of those places. Anyway, I'm no emo,, and I won't get into disrespecting another man as you just did me. I can agree to disagree all day, do it among friends all the time, but I respect at the same time. This is no internet bravado, but I would guarantee you that you wouldn't call me emo if we were sitting down having a friendly chat. Reason number 1, you'd know you couldn't be further from the truth, and reason number 2, you'd show a little more respect being up close and personal. Last time saying this, I'm not your enemy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And I am not making you my enemy. And If we were sitting down face to face having a friendly chat, I doubt you would have said anything about Stormfront at all. For the same two reason you cited above.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
And one more thing, I can give LESS than a damn what you say, no other race still feels the residuals of slavery TODAY except black people.Deny that all you want. Blacks still get the residuals from slavery, it's the most recent slavery besides ''white slavery'' today. And why is bondage today referred to as ''white slavery ''? Riddle me THAT. On second thought, I'm done here with you.

If you actually believe that you are dumber than dirt.

Many Eastern Europeans were slaves until the collapse of the USSR.
edit on 20-3-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

And I am not making you my enemy. And If we were sitting down face to face having a friendly chat, I doubt you would have said anything about Stormfront at all. For the same two reason you cited above.
I wouldn't shake in my boots in the presence of any man, training goes a long way. That being said, let's agree to disagree about certain things. I've seen you post on many other threads and I agree with alot of your views, so I know that you're essentially a good guy.Mutual respect, eh? One more thing, well, maybe two. I said no more apologies from me, but, I'll man up and apologize for the stormfront reference. That I'll do. Mutual respect.....a round for everybody.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

And one more thing, I can give LESS than a damn what you say, no other race still feels the residuals of slavery TODAY except black people.Deny that all you want. Blacks still get the residuals from slavery, it's the most recent slavery besides ''white slavery'' today. And why is bondage today referred to as ''white slavery ''? Riddle me THAT. On second thought, I'm done here with you.

I'll let that dumber than dirt sh!+ slide. Show respect, stop the smart guy crap, and EVERYBODY, let's stay on topic and not derail The OPs thread. And for the umpteenth time, I found nothing wrong with the article.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

That is kinda harsh. No need for name calling on here.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I wouldn't shake in my boots in the presence of any man, training goes a long way. That being said, let's agree to disagree about certain things. I've seen you post on many other threads and I agree with alot of your views, so I know that you're essentially a good guy.Mutual respect, eh? One more thing, well, maybe two. I said no more apologies from me, but, I'll man up and apologize for the stormfront reference. That I'll do. Mutual respect.....a round for everybody.

I agree training does go a long way. We can agree to disagree. This is ATS after all. Mutual respect sir.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I will not apologize for my feelings, as they are not anti anyone, but some of these posts were condescending, to me. If some of these posters took the time to read my postss on these threads, they would see my stance on things. I've asked for no apologies, and as I've stated nothing false, to my knowledge, this is about as apologetic as it's gonna get with me. No one is apologetic for genaralizing a whole race of people. And I stated that generalizations are wrong on ANY front. I've also stated that I had no problem with Huber's article. No more apologizing for me, except to The OP for partaking in taking this thread somewhere else, which was very unintentional. Having said that, nunya, you have my respect, man.

Well then, again, I would ask that you quote the exact sentences before your Stormfront post that were so defamatory or condescending that you feel they were Nazi-like. If you're not going to apologize, sure you can can explain your position with details and defend it.

EDIT: hadn't read the last page; you manned up; right on. Much respect.
edit on 20-3-2013 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I agree training does go a long way. We can agree to disagree. This is ATS after all. Mutual respect sir.
Most definitely, much respect my fellow American.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join