It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Harry Reid Takes Political Pandering to a New Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Even for Reid this is beyond the political pale. Forget tap dancing on graves, from the floor of the US Senate today, Majority Leader Reid literally danced upon the body bags of the seven US Marines who were killed in a training exercise in Hawthorne, NV earlier in the day. In an cold, manipulative rant, Reid blamed Sequestration for the deaths. Yes. Sequestration:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Many of the next of kin have yet to be notified, NO FORMAL INVESTIGATION DONE, yet Reid pontificates that Sequestration is to BLAME for the deaths and injuries.

Never let a crisis to to waste, huh Harry?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Billions in US tax payer monies going for shrimps on treadmills; pig manure studies in china; fat, alcoholic lesbian studies, but sequestration causes helicopter accidents and the white house tours being shut down.

Do they really think people are that stupid?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I agree 100 percent with you!

Seven young Marines died in the service to their Country and the Majority leader of the US Senate makes political hay. Nevadans need to impeach him. This happened on Federal property in their state, and their Senior Senator USES the carnage for politics.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah that is pretty low because they don't even know what the hell happened yet.

Any number of things could have happened, but sequestration?

No.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Glinda

This asshole just needs to quit. Initial reports have a bad mortar round going off prematurely and the USMC ordering a stop use on all those types of mortars.

Pretty sure a bad round doesn't know the fiscal status of the country. It would have been bad regardless.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What a scumbag. Placing blame before ANY investigation has been done. You are right, this political pandering is a new low. What is going to really suck though is that people will believe him and parrot this same nonsense and the avalanche that is political theater will continue its rumbling down the mountainside destroying everything in its path.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just how exactly, I have to ask, would cuts ordered from the White House within the last DAYS....already work their way down to the little guys at Hawthorne? It's ridiculous and he's really a troll and ugly person to even mention political spending and issues of budgetary battles ....while they're literally still attending to the accident scene.

Some people have NO sense of decency and if I were among the family of one of those men, I'd be absolutely LIVID that this tragedy was connected to Washington B.S. within hours. Oh...that's just pathetic, IMO.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

This is the statement that really got my goat!

These men and women, our Marines were training there in Hawthorne. And with this sequester, it's going to cut back this stuff. I just hope everyone understands the sacrifices made by our military. They are significant, being away from home, away from families, away from their country.

Source

Considering that Homeland Security has been wide open calling returning veterans terrorists and how when they do get injured, they have to fight the government tooth and nail for their health care after the fact, I have a suggestion for Harry Reid and all of the criminal globalists in Washington DC!!!!

"ACTIONS SPEEK LOUDER THAN WORDS!".

Yea, I get it Harry! You only care about them when they can be of use for your criminal actions! When you and your criminal elements in DC are done with them, you just dispose of em like they never existed....

edit on 19-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, if I was a family member or friend of one of the deceased, I'd be pretty upset to. But as a family member it would be pretty hard to be upset when...

Many of the next of kin have yet to be notified

Ugh. Just thinking about this issue is making me sick.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have zero respect for anyone using the death of men and women of the armed forces for domestic political gain. It is absolutely revolting. Whatever happened (most likely an accident and I do speak from many years of handling munitions), the sequester most likely had zero to do with it.

NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reports: Now I can tell you, Marine Corps officials this afternoon are taking a strong exception to what Harry Reid implied. Saying that this exercise, for example, was planned well in advance, had nothing to do with the budget cuts. There were no corners cut, and if they couldn't afford to have all the safety precautions into place, they wouldn't do the exercise. And in fact, one Marine Corps official told us a short time ago that he considers this nothing but pure political posturing on the backs of these dead Marines.

It is sickening

new topics

top topics

join