It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by bknapple32
I also dont feel like turning this country into the old west.

old west? really sometimes people believe stories way too much, the truth is crime and violence in the old west was actually much lower than the more established east coast cities.

The amount of under reporting deaths in the old west is staggering. Do you have any kind of educational background on the subject?

link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by bknapple32

Because I shoot at different places all the time. I don't want to have to go pick my gun up and then go somewhere else to shoot. It's never caused anyone any problems keeping it at my house. I will admit that having young ones at home is a real eye opener on the severity of securing weapons properly though.

Be honest. Do you want Senator Feinstein sticking her nose in your gun cabinet?

Do you want Gov. Cuomo sticking his nose in your gun cabinet and counting the number
of bullets you have?

link   

link   

Originally posted by Logarock

I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

You need to change your "John Locke of ATS" thing there by the way and stop embarrassing John and yourself.

Why because I dont support assault weapons? Kinda an odd judgmental step to take

You have never read John Locke or you would know that the 2nd amendment is like and "apple" form the tree.

I actually have read Locke. But my quote is from the tv show lost, not the philosopher.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

articles.latimes.com...

But as with much of the Wild West, myth has replaced history. The 1881 shootout took place in a narrow alley, not at the corral. Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday weren't seen as heroic until later; they were initially charged with murder. And one fact is usually ignored: Back then, Tombstone had far stricter gun control than it does today. In fact, the American West's most infamous gun battle erupted when the marshal tried to enforce a local ordinance that barred carrying firearms in public. A judge had fined one of the victims $25 earlier that day for packing a pistol. "You could wear your gun into town, but you had to check it at the sheriff's office or the Grand Hotel, and you couldn't pick it up again until you were leaving town," said Bob Boze Bell, executive editor of True West Magazine, which celebrates the Old West. "It was an effort to control the violence."

fabiusmaximus.com...

[western towns’] population consisted of relatively young males. They commit most murders. … the middle-class respectables of Dodge City, male and female residents of the north side of town, faced [lower risk] of being murdered as the south-side whores, gamblers, and transient cowboys. Of the dozen founding fathers of the town’s business community, a group that included Robert Wright, all except one who died of illness survived the entire cattle-trading era without a scratch. … Dodge City, for example, was very well policed — headquartering over the 10 years it was a cowboy town a deputy US marshal, a county sheriff, an undersheriff, deputy sheriffs as needed, a city marshal, an assistant marshal, policemen as needed, and two township constables. … Five of its 17 adult killings — almost one third — were justifiable homicides by officers. The police meant business …

www.examiner.com...

In his book, Frontier Violence: Another Look, author W. Eugene Hollon, provides us with these astonishing facts: In Abilene, Ellsworth, Wichita, Dodge City, and Caldwell, for the years from 1870 to 1885, there were only 45 total homicides. This equates to a rate of approximately 1 murder per 100,000 residents per year. In Abilene, supposedly one of the wildest of the cow towns, not a single person was killed in 1869 or 1870. Zooming forward over a century to 2007, a quick look at Uniform Crime Report statistics shows us the following regarding the aforementioned gun control “paradise” cities of the east: DC – 183 Murders (31 per 100,000 residents) New York – 494 Murders (6 per 100,000 residents) Baltimore – 281 Murders (45 per 100,000 residents) Newark – 104 Murders (37 per 100,000 residents) It doesn’t take an advanced degree in statistics to see that a return to “wild west” levels of violent crime would be a huge improvement for the residents of these cities. The truth of the matter is that the “wild west” wasn’t wild at all … not compared to a Saturday night in Newark.

www.cracked.com...

How about five? That was the most murders any old-west town saw in any one year. Ever. Most towns averaged about 1.5 murders a year, and not all of those were shooting. You were way more likely to be murdered in Baltimore in 2008 than you were in Tombstone in 1881, the year of the famous gunfight at the OK Corral (body count: three) and the town's most violent year ever. Read more: www.cracked.com...

so yeah i think those links pretty much do a way with the old wild west gun myth it was safer in dodge city then most major or even some rural cities in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by MJZoo

Because I shoot at different places all the time. I don't want to have to go pick my gun up and then go somewhere else to shoot. It's never caused anyone any problems keeping it at my house. I will admit that having young ones at home is a real eye opener on the severity of securing weapons properly though.

Be honest. Do you want Senator Feinstein sticking her nose in your gun cabinet?

Do you want Gov. Cuomo sticking his nose in your gun cabinet and counting the number
of bullets you have?

Im not fearing any of that because I own 2 handguns. I'll never have enough ammo at once to violate any law that actually gets passed.

link   

Sorry I missed the show.

link   

Ummm..can we agree on one thing. Our government is corrupt. Both parties. I don't think anyone with an IQ above 90 will argue that (though you may prove me wrong) that being said, it is not a stretch to say our government can one day turn tyrannical. Arguably it has in the past( Lincoln, FDR) and present (Bush,Obama) even if this never happens, Americans have powerful enemies. I don't want to be at the mercy of the Chinese or Russians just because the minority are afraid of "assault" weapons. If you don't get this, you really would be happier in another country. Maybe the American experience is not for you

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Whatever.

I'm not at all worried about AR's. I don't care. I don't own one either. What I will say is that people get all frightened about these weapons because they look "scary", when anyone can walk into any Home Depot and buy everything they need to take out an entire theater. No one walking out alive. Forget bullets and start thinking chemistry. Guns aren't scary. Bullets aren't even scary. You ought to be terrified by what a chemist can do with easy-to-obtain items that don't require a background check.

One of these days, you people will realize that guns are the least of your problems. We've gotten off light in this nation because all the people doing the killing in the US haven't really used their brains.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Yeah, freedom of choice totally sucks.

In the eyes of the progressives we are all just children who need to be told what to do.

You may have this rifle over here but not that one.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Ummm..can we agree on one thing. Our government is corrupt. Both parties. I don't think anyone with an IQ above 90 will argue that (though you may prove me wrong) that being said, it is not a stretch to say our government can one day turn tyrannical. Arguably it has in the past( Lincoln, FDR) and present (Bush,Obama) even if this never happens, Americans have powerful enemies. I don't want to be at the mercy of the Chinese or Russians just because the minority are afraid of "assault" weapons. If you don't get this, you really would be happier in another country. Maybe the American experience is not for you

I agree with everything except China and Russia are not moving in. Ever. For the same unfounded fear you all say people like me have over assault weapons. The other side has the same unfounded fear over China and Russia.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

reply to post by NavyDoc

Good point. I wont be carrying a gun to any school thats for sure.

Why not? Afraid of what you might do?
Don't trust yourself?

I have zero issue with legal gun owners carrying a firearm around the most prescious in our society.

Not at all. Afraid of scaring the kids to death. The kids ho see nothing but death on tv, see 6 year olds shot to death and probably go to school a tiny bit more fearful than when you and I did. I dont feel like having one child see a gun in their school without knowing if its for protection or murder. Maybe that's why?
edit on 19-3-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Why would a child even know you have a weapon? Would you show your weapon to a child? I wouldn't. You do realize responsible gun owners carry everyday without anyone knowing? You're a reasonably smart man from what I've read around here but your argument,in this regard, is weak.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fantastic news.

Screw feinstein and her fellow anti-freedom scum.

edit on 3/19/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Ummmmmm......hold on there. Be honest, is Senator Ted Cruz corrupt?

Listen carefully to his question.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Good point. I wont be carrying a gun to any school thats for sure.

Because it's illegal and you are a law abiding citizen. Good for you. But making a law against carrying guns to schools hasn't worked too well. "No guns allowed here" translates to "unarmed victims inside." In other words, easy pickins'!

One of the little known facts about the Clackamas Mall shooting in Oregon is that an armed bystander simply pointed his gun at the perpetrator, who then stopped his shooting spree and killed himself. One can only speculate what the toll in human life would have been had the gunman remained unchallenged, but it's a good example of why keeping a gun in a locker at the range is next to useless in protecting yourself or others.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by TauCetixeta

This is indeed good news and a win for our side.One thing,can
anyone find any ammunition to buy for our guns?

They should pass a bill that demands that HLS sell off all that ammo, at cost, they bought with our money and then tell the american public how sorry they are for militarizing themselves agaisnt the american people. YYEEAAA.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Well would depend on what these gun laws were. Concealed? In a holster.... I suppose I could hide said holster under a jacket maybe? Im not sure how you are going to carry your gun in a school without a kid being bound to see it. Unless you are illegally stuffing it in your pants.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by TauCetixeta

This is indeed good news and a win for our side.One thing,can
anyone find any ammunition to buy for our guns?

They should pass a bill that demands that HLS sell off all that ammo, at cost, they bought with our money and then tell the american public how sorry they are for militarizing themselves agaisnt the american people. YYEEAAA.

Buy a new Colt LE901 that takes 308 ammo.

I see 308 ammo for sale right now. Prices look great! USA Ammo.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Feinstein needs to "retire."
Where are Obamas death panels when we really need them?
edit on 19-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by slowisfast

Well would depend on what these gun laws were. Concealed? In a holster.... I suppose I could hide said holster under a jacket maybe? Im not sure how you are going to carry your gun in a school without a kid being bound to see it. Unless you are illegally stuffing it in your pants.

Like I said, you're a smart guy. I'm sure you could figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join