It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Alright!!! Where is my money!! I told you months ago that even if a school house of kids were killed by a nutcase America would not change the assault weapons laws! This is good news. I'm liberal as heck but I love guns. Lets just hope people have learned their lesson, mass murders will not change the gun laws in this country. Nice try mass murderers! You Failed! USA! USA! USA! USA!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by XGodofWar

Yeah maybe we do need to cut back on violence,but i don't understand why so many act like we are the lone violent nation in the world. I think the whole human race needs to back off on the violence a bit. Besides that i think most governments are more violent than the people. This is all just my humble opinion of course.

99% of Humans just desire peace...
most people just want to raise a family, to learn and to love..

Yep i agree 100% that's why i said its more like the gov. are more violent than the people of said nation.
I would love a world of peace and love, and to me its up to the people to make that happen not corrupt governments.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Stunning? Seriously? Everyone knew this wasn't going to pass. This is "we hide in caves with MREs" America. Stunning? LOL

Just have one word for you ... demographics. Conservatism and it's destruction has about 5-7 years remaining. This was meaningless. A misdirection. You ppl keep focusing on the absurd .... the gov't taking your guns.

This is like fish in a barrel.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Don't pop the cork just yet. They aint gonna stop.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What we do and say does make a difference.
Making a scene does work.
When they attacked our right we righted it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart

lol..

the right is for militias, not for everyone to have a gun..

it's 2013, I think we can put down the guns and just take care of each other

or am I too ahead of the game?

lol

maybe I am, just planting seeds..

guns will not be needed in the near future

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

lol..

It's been defined and well known since the constitution was written that the militia is the people themselves. The supreme court has upheld that as well, so I have no idea where you pulled that tidbit of misinformation from.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

lol..

It's been defined and well known since the constitution was written that the militia is the people themselves. The supreme court has upheld that as well, so I have no idea where you pulled that tidbit of misinformation from.

from a hat

anyways guns are dumb,

do people buy them now to show off?

what is the use?

do you hunt?

are you ever going to shoot another Human with one?

what is the point?

lol

so dumb, honestly...

then when you figure out that we are ALL GOD and Brothers and Sisters...

guns get dumb real fast...

LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

lol..

from a hat

anyways guns are dumb,

do people buy them now to show off?

what is the use?

do you hunt?

are you ever going to shoot another Human with one?

what is the point?

lol

so dumb, honestly...

then when you figure out that we are ALL GOD and Brothers and Sisters...

guns get dumb real fast...

LOL

Who are you to decide what other people should own, just because you don't see the point? What if I think there's no point in you owning a computer? Might as well ban you from having a computer with your logic. Obviously you're not very familiar with the concept of freedom.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

a computer and a gun are different, one allows me to communicate and the other was designed to kill life.

my logic is very sound and civilized.

thank you brother

oh and I am free

ALL Humans are born free, it is society's that have control structures.

edit on 21-3-2013 by cornucopia because: i added some words.

edit on 21-3-2013 by cornucopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

a computer and a gun are different, one allows me to communicate and the other was designed to kill life.

What they're "designed to do" isn't relevant, what is relevant is how the owner intends to use it. If I have a gun and don't kill anyone with it, why should it be taken away from me?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think that the Republicans have drawn the line in the sand. If the Dems want to keep going after guns then the 1st and 4th amendments will be on the table as well. I'm not saying its a good thing.

It's disgusting that this is what it has come to in America; That we are using amendments to the constitution as bargining chips and ammo to attack each others point's of veiw.

Why has the pro-constitution movement not gained more popularity? Is it because it gets completely ignored by the MSM and trivialized by the govt? Why are we still buying into the false left-right paradigm?

Am I getting through to anyone? Why isnt this more obvious to people?

It's not about guns, or speech or unathorized search and seizure. It's about freedom vs. control and I dont know anyone who doesnt like freedom.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

lol
well guns are not being taken from people..
although I would support that..
why?
they are dangerous, they can kill Humans and I am against any and all killing.
I wish to live on a world free from any and all weapons..
thank you God

thank you mom/dad/god..
thank YOU

remember?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

I think the logic that, It's 2013 people should drop the guns and take care of each other, isn't sound at all. It's a logic for fairy tales and rainbows. I don't concur that this logic is "ideal". But the farthest from reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

lol
well guns are not being taken from people..
although I would support that..
why?
they are dangerous, they can kill Humans and I am against any and all killing.

There are much more dangerous things than guns, cars for example kill many more people, and guns only make up a fraction of the overall deaths. If the only reason to ban them is that they're "designed to kill", then what about bows and arrows, knives, swords, crossbows, and other weapons?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

hahah i couldn't help picture a drive by with a crossbow

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny

hahah i couldn't help picture a drive by with a crossbow

It's happened before:

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

and another instance:

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 3/21/2013 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You just made my night, my friend.

That's hilarious
edit on 21-3-2013 by sefhinny because: added "hilarious"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You cleary don't understand the reasoning for the Bill of Rights.

The BoR doesn't "grant" us rights. Our rights exist prior and in spite of the BoRs. The BoR is a list of restrictions, placed on the Federal Gov, which they cannot legislate against. They don't have the power. That is why they continually downplay it and say "your rights are not absolute". The only way they can legislate it is if we allow them to. Unfortunately, most people don't bother to actually think for themselves and let the gov run ruffshod over them.

States can and have legislate/restrict gun ownership . . . they are allowed. If you don't like anyone having firearms move to a state that does or even China. The BoR is there to protect the minority from mob rule, when they wish to control/subjugate others.

As far as militia's go, the 2nd ends with . . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Also, all state constitutions define this further. For instance, in my state there is an "organized" militia provision, which is the National Guard. There is also a "state" militia, which is comprised of all able bodied citizens 18-45. However, there is also a "right to bear arms" clause which states: The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired.

And your assertion that guns are dangerous is asinine. Never in my life as one of my firearms or any I have witnessed decided to get up and shoot someone. I've never seen one point itself at another human. I've never seen one go off for no reason. And, I've never heard one threaten anybody. Nope . . . never seen a dangerous gun. They always just lie there quietly. My son is 10 and has never had an accident with a gun . . . nor has he ever entered into battle with a gun. And a gun has never shot him for any reason. I've also never seen a gun talk anyone into commiting a crime or doing anything dangerous. They just sit quietly . . .

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Their use is for a number of things, including protection. I've never cared to much about owning or not owning guns, until I had a bear show up on two different job sites, over 100 miles apart, in the space of 2 months.

We are all god's brother's and sisters, I will agree.
How do I persuade the bear of that fact?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join