Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Test of anthrax vaccine in children gets tentative OK

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Whoa! What are they thinking? As I recall, this vaccine hasn't been the best of luck for all adults who have been shot with it. Let alone young children now? Just where do they see this boogeyman of an Anthrax attack coming from anyway?

(Reuters) - A presidential ethics panel has opened the door to testing an anthrax vaccine on children as young as infants, bringing an angry response from critics who say the children would be guinea pigs in a study that would never help them and might harm them.

The report, however, released on Tuesday by the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues, said researchers would have to overcome numerous hurdles before launching an anthrax-vaccine trial in children. It now goes to Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, who will decide whether to take the steps the commission recommended.
Source

As the story indicates, the approval is tentative and they have a good distance to go on this before actually injecting a child with it. Still, I fail to see the point or need.

Just last night I was reading elsewhere that the CDC and WHO were in a real state of anxiety over the fact the drug companies have determined there isn't enough profit in merely a couple hundred a month they can charge patients to a new antibiotic vs. cancer drugs at 30-60 thousand dollars per period a drug is administered (per month as they figure I was looking at for both numbers).

Perhaps..instead of new junk to inject kids with to protect against something the only verified attack sourced out of a U.S. Government lab for, they can work on life saving drugs?

I really don't worry about Anthrax..but I *DO* worry about multiple drug resistant infections. Two of my own family have suffered different levels of amputation as a direct result of bugs of this nature over the past 3 years.

Priorities...We NEED priorities here. Defending against ghosts and boogeymen is a priority I think we've all had about enough of, haven't we?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess the "slow kill" they have been using against the people isn't working fast enough? Just more proof in my opinion that the globalists and their eugenics religion is at a very fast stage of acceleration!

Think about it, if they are not pushing this for adults, and let's say something happens, WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN????

Back to my time out corner!
edit on 19-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Why does the general public need a vaccine against anthrax?

Does the government expect something to happen? This doesn't make sense to me. I could understand soldiers and high-value politicians to be protected from anthrax....but kids? Why?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That's my whole question. Anthrax is naturally occurring and as one disaster index site I use shows on a daily basis, there are 1-2 person outbreaks regularly, all over the world. That's all naturally occurring though and I'm not even sure anything like this vaccine would address that form of things? Either way, in this day of vaccines carrying as much stigma as appreciation from anyone and (well founded, IMO) suspicion? Why THIS vaccine of all things, indeed?

Unless Uncle fears their own stocks walking out of the U.S Army's bio-lab again (
), I really think this is one threat we don't particularly need the public all worked up over.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure the real concern is testing anthrax vaccine on children as much as it's about setting precedence of testing anything on children without so much as a "hey no that's bad" from someone with creds.

I mean...these are essentially the same organizations that were doing all kinds of blackops experiments on civilians not even a century ago...

My guess is they are already looking for the next thing they can test..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As a former brainless sheep, oops, I mean "member" of the US Navy I received 6 Anthrax vaccines and 1 booster shot before I decided to start refusing them. By that time there was no punishment for doing so (circa 2005) Back in 1997 I was on the USS Independence headed to the Persian Gulf and we were ordered to take the shot due to the "high probability" that Saddam Hussein would launch a weaponized anthrax attack on us. Looking back it was obviously fear mongering and I feel that we were used as test subjects for the vaccine, which wasn't FDA approved mind you. People were being kicked out with dishonorable discharges for refusing the shot, and needless to say I gave in to the fear of reprisal and stood in line. An important distinction must be made between THIS anthrax shot that I'm talking about, and the everyday shot that cattle farmers get on a regular basis. They are not one in the same. Parents, DO NOT believe the hype... do not give this shot to your kids.
edit on 19-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is just pure insanity. What are they going to bribe the parents with in order to get the okay on using their kids as guinea pig I wonder?

When my son was five or six months old at a regular checkup the doctor asked us if he could be part of an experimental trial for fifty dollars a shot and two-hundred up front, I said hell no. It was for some type of new antibiotic I think. I've often wondered about the kids whose parents said okay because they needed the cash.

These are children, it's scary enough to practice on adults but practicing on our babies with something like this just seems wrong in so many ways. I really hope that parents will consider their children before themselves and say no.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
That is just pure insanity. What are they going to bribe the parents with in order to get the okay on using their kids as guinea pig I wonder?

When my son was five or six months old at a regular checkup the doctor asked us if he could be part of an experimental trial for fifty dollars a shot and two-hundred up front, I said hell no. It was for some type of new antibiotic I think. I've often wondered about the kids whose parents said okay because they needed the cash.

These are children, it's scary enough to practice on adults but practicing on our babies with something like this just seems wrong in so many ways. I really hope that parents will consider their children before themselves and say no.

Good for you... I would hate to think how many parents out there would say "yes" to using their innocent child in some medical experiment. I would bet that there are more than we would like to think.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ya know, in January a thread was posted about this and all of the deniers jumped down the throat of the OP!!!!

Here is the Link ATS

NOW! As we always see people demanding apologies for those whom have predicted or said something was so an thus denied, I am going to patiently wait for those in this past thread who said it was BS to prove their manhood and admit that they were mistaken!!!

Just take a look at the ATS members who screamed that the OP was wrong!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this story. I haven't had time to review it and I only have a few minutes so I hope this has not already been mentioned. If it has, my apologies.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011. Note this is article was published almost 11 months ago.
Let's Test Anthrax Vaccine in Children/ Bio Prep Watch

anthraxvaccine.blogspot.com...

Yesterday it was announced that the government would be purchasing 3.42 million doses of anthrax vaccine to add to the civilian anthrax vaccine stockpile. This is on top of the military stockpile, and comes out of DHHS funds. The purchase adds up to $101 million to the total contract for DHHS' anthrax stockpile, now worth about $500 million. Stockpile cost could climb to over $2 billion if the government purchases the 75 million doses it said it needed.

The article also states the vaccine is neither safe nor effective. It expires in 3-4 years so get ready.

Anybody that has time to do some digging might come up with new information about additional vaccine purchases.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Don't read through some of the comments on the Reuters article. I swear paid-for people are posting!

There is no "threat".

Here's Stratfor's take:

While it is certainly true that there are many different types of actors who can easily gain access to rudimentary biological agents, there are far fewer actors who can actually isolate virulent strains of the agents, weaponize them and then effectively employ these agents in a manner that will realistically pose a significant threat of causing mass casualties. While organisms such as anthrax are present in the environment and are not difficult to obtain, more highly virulent strains of these tend to be far more difficult to locate, isolate and replicate. Such efforts require highly skilled individuals and sophisticated laboratory equipment.

Even incredibly deadly biological substances such as ricin and botulinum toxin are difficult to use in mass attacks. This difficulty arises when one attempts to take a rudimentary biological substance and then convert it into a weaponized form -- a form that is potent enough to be deadly and yet readily dispersed. Even if this weaponization hurdle can be overcome, once developed, the weaponized agent must then be integrated with a weapons system that can effectively take large quantities of the agent and evenly distribute it in lethal doses to the intended targets.

STRATFOR Link

The only countries with enough money and technology to be threats are are the USA, Russia, China, and maybe the UK. Anything "stolen" would be small-scale.

There simply is no reason to test a vaccine in children that may or may not be safe. There are many armed service members that claim side effects of this vaccine.

Gulf War Syndrome anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wabbit, I am letting you know my point of view, and I would sure as hell hope everyone would agree, maybe not to the extent I'm gonna take it, But if a doctor or nurse "THINKS" they are going to put that sh!t in my daughter, they'd better think first how that bullet is gonna feel going through their brain matter. I mean really, WTF are these people thinking??? Hope their kids are first.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Well, obozo's children can have armed gaurds at their school, but it's just barbaric to think that your children should be protected in such a way.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That, just cannot happen, it's just so... unethical!

You know what will happen? The vaccines will end up being "tested" in some poor third world country under a disguised vaccination campaign! In my opinion that is!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Ya know, in January a thread was posted about this and all of the deniers jumped down the throat of the OP!!!!

Here is the Link ATS

NOW! As we always see people demanding apologies for those whom have predicted or said something was so an thus denied, I am going to patiently wait for those in this past thread who said it was BS to prove their manhood and admit that they were mistaken!!!

Just take a look at the ATS members who screamed that the OP was wrong!

I'd like to see the deniers who screamed 'hoax' penalized for doing so. I read the thread in your link and it was appalling to see people denying this could happen. That same old denier BS on a conspiracy forum!

Unfortunately, this current thread was very badly 'forum slid' right out view. I only found it myself by looking through Search after I read the story on another site today.

new topics

top topics

join