It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault Weapons Ban Won't be in Dems' Gun Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
hmmmm...i thought assault weapons, fully automatic weapons designed for war, were already illegal? i remember 1 guy getting a felony conviction and 5 years in prison for simply having a gear that, when added to several other parts, could turn a semiautomatic rifle into a fully automatic rifle.

additionally, i get the feeling this gun control stuff is not about disarming but actually arming the civilian populace. i just have this feeling, therefore no proof or evidence, that the government knows something bad is going to happen and that most people will be left to fend for them selves. that is not to say i think the government is being benevolent . just not as devious in the ways people accuse them of being. so what could the problem be? invasion? act-of-god? tom cruse coming out of the closet? who knows.
edit on 20-3-2013 by david99118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think things are changing slightly and that the changes are being reflected in various policy statements coming out of the Obama administration. This business with the assault weapons ban is a reflection of serious opposition on a broad scale coming from the American people to an initiative of their elite class.

I think the elite knows that it is a symptom of a deep discontent, among the American people, with the "state of the union".

Americans don't like what is going on with their government in a lot of areas, but the attempt to tamper with the 2nd amendment really hit home to a lot of people, the way that aggressive war in the Middle East, the ramping up of a "security state" and obvious financial fraud in high places did not.

I don't think the overall agenda of the oligarchy has changed, but I think they realize that they must navigate with more care in order to achieve their aims.

They are talking softer on foreign affairs, standing up to AIPAC a little more and have backed off on the assault weapons ban.

People like us did that. I think we deserve a little pat on the back, before we get back to guard duty.

The price of liberty is eternal bellyaching. Keep your powder dry.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Instead, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will be able to offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment.

Who keeps voting her into office?

The same people or Masters who have being selecting the war mongers into power.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Sorry, but 0bama Fanboys will never see the truth to the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the weapon ban she proposed was just a smoke screen to distract you from the real push of background checks for all gun sales both private and comercial

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And all the newbie Gun purchasers and ammo hording hounds fell for it! HAHA! The gun and ammo manufactures are laughing all the way to the bank! HAHA

Buy low, sell high...
edit on 20-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I already was saying an assault gun ban would never happen.

The corporate gun lobby has far too much money and power in DC.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Uhhhhh the manufactures didn't change their prices to the resellers. The prices were increased by the retailers selling to the public.
edit on 20-3-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Again.

Those that want to prop bills to ban any weapons might think about proposing a bill or two that will help identify the mentally ill before they decide to commit crimes. Only someone with a problem mentally, are doing these things. I am sure if ALL weapons were banned, people will murder, or be murdered.

S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

They are still proposing a gun control bill.

a proposed assault weapons ban won't be part of a gun control bill the Senate plans to debate next month

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Well, that senate one is the big kahuna and they will be lucky beyond all reason to get ONE passed when you consider it has to get through the House and back in a version the Senate will accept to pass on from there. No way they get TWO through and I think this one is just a little too explosive to slip cute language in somewhere and put in effect by attaching deep anywhere else.

They pushed a sense of unbelievable urgency from days after the CT shooting because time was their enemy. The emotion, the anger and fear and general horror of what happened with guns had to carry the energy to push through something that's one step this side from impossible in such a split nation as we have now. Time is what has been passing ..with nothing ELSE passing.

I'm starting to wonder if they'll actually get more than he can do by E.O. and Executive agency regulatory changes. That's all enough to give us ALL migraine headaches and trips to court for a long time ...but it sure beats the full raft of California style ban law she was pushing. Take what we can get, where we can get it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yeah, never mind the fact that the "People" don't want this crap Law. it is all just the Gun lobby and the NRA

Sure sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Uhhhhh the manufactures didn't change their prices to the resellers. The prices were increased by the retailers selling to the public.

No they just sold more of them! Then retailers made a hefty profit...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And that really means what?
They sold their product faster, thus the evil gun lobby won?

Okay then.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No way they get TWO through and I think this one is just a little too explosive to slip cute language in somewhere and put in effect by attaching deep anywhere else.

Well, we can hope so, anyway.

I don't trust any of those bastards at all. Nearly all of them would grind their living mother up for dog food if they thought it would get them reelected.

So watch out for stealth amendments on the bill!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And that really means what?
They sold their product faster, thus the evil gun lobby won?

Okay then.

No! It means people bought hype and are still buying it. There is no gun grab, same thing happened when Clinton was in the White house and oddly Americans still own guns. There will never be a "Federal" gun grab!

Who said the gun lobby was evil, you wrongly assume I am an anti-gun? I just said people who buy guns and ammo in a panic are idiots, thus "artificially" jacking the prices up for the rest of us...
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What hype???
There is a press/push for Federal Gun laws.
Just because the AWB was removed from a package bill, means that the Dems felt the fire and took it out, because they are due for re-election next year.

How is there not a push for MORE Federal Gun Laws?

As for the Gun Lobby statement, I may have misread your earlier posts.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Yep that the economic side of the thing....some folks made some money. However dont see this thing as something driven by money.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
I already was saying an assault gun ban would never happen.

The corporate gun lobby has far too much money and power in DC.

Its not the corporate gun lobby its millions of american gun owners. Those in congress will never tell you the flood of phone calls, written letters and e-mails they have gotten from citizens over the past 10 weeks.

And the NRA is truly an organization supported by 1000s of small donations as the larger part of its funding. The NRA represents gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters better than thier own elected officals most of the time. They fear the NRA because they know that its backed by the people, its speaks for the people they represent and no any corporate gun lobby.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by abeverage

Yep that the economic side of the thing....some folks made some money. However dont see this thing as something driven by money.

Gun sales last year topped 2 Billion and the Industry clears 31.8 Billion in RECORD SALES!, Yep not about the money

Read down in the first article and see when the last boom (pun intact) was...1994 what??? Why??? Think about it

You would have to be stupid not to invest in S&W before a liberal Dem is elected then sell your guns during their term. Hang on to a few for a second term and then cash in your stock at the end. Then if a Rep is elected wait 2 years and buy all your guns back CHEAP!
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join