It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault Weapons Ban Won't be in Dems' Gun Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yes we should.

And many are starting to see it for what it was written for. To help guard against a tyrannical Govt.

What is your point.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sorry certainly wasn't my intent to derail thread. Its great new, I was just trying to point out it will have a price.
I'l remove the certain phrases containing that topic.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

because with a destructive device tax stamp you can own an rpg or even land mines assuming you pass the background check and get approval of local law enforcement unless you get it in a class three gun trust then no finger prints

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
True this is not a win nor is it over she will continue as will her party.

The only thing that happen is a little more time until the next assault,

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

damn i really wanted to see a vote on this...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Oh, hey, no biggy and it makes me feel awkward to even mention it. I don't like being a topic Nazi, even on my own thread.

The only reason I even mentioned it this time was that another thread I had on a totally different issue recently also had the potential to run off into the woods, so to speak. I hadn't watched it or said much when the first msgs had rung the bells of 'train wreck coming'. It got bad enough before I went back to check on it (so quickly too) that Mods had to close it, unfortunately.

So I figure a little note can perhaps save pages of fighting and a thread thrown to the dust bin when some topics just seem to hit people that special way that puts them in orbit for emotion. (The OP topic alone already does that with enough, right?
)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
One thing that will hopefully be a big positive to come out of this is that the fair weather panic buyers will now flood the market with the guns and ammo that they all panic bought. Would be nice to see shelves stocked again, and prices returned to normal.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Who keeps voting her into office?

Completely
Crazy
California
Progressives
edit on 19-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Instead, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will be able to offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment.

Who keeps voting her into office?

People who vote like 6, 7 and more times each...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

damn i really wanted to see a vote on this...

Yeah, would love to see some Dems kicked to the curb
come the elections too. Reid knows that too....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Feinstein is a the poster troll for term limits. Harry Reid and John McCain and countless others are up there too. One or two terms is ok but after 20, 30 years they go senile
and think they own the place.

This is good news, but be on the look out for ammo bans or other nonsense like gun registration.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dieseldyk

Why the most beautiful state in the country is run by complete idiots is beyond me

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

But what did they get in the bill.

Now is the time to pay attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The SOBs are pulling the old hegelian trick on youse.....
They want to pass the other legislation and later amend the assault weapons ban.....
The trick is to put as much infingement on the RTB arms.....as they can get away with...(this time around)....thus setting further precedents...Theyll never stop, and theyll take it a piece at a time....just watch.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Now is definitely the time for 2nd amendment supporters to keep the heat on high. Fienstein will not stop with her agenda nor will the rest of the gun grabbers. It is nice to have a brief feeling of victory but, unfortunately the fight isn't over. Glad to read about it though!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a strategic move, the AWB was too hot to keep handling so they faked a pass to Feinstein and are now running headlong towards the endzone with the mag bag and the enhanced background checks (see also: defacto registration). Odds are high they might even get both of those items passed as people think its safe to take a breather now that the AWB is off the agenda. The longer-term plan here is to have some more success at the state level while building up steam for the 2014 elections in hopes of snagging a majority in the House; once that is under wraps they will have a much better chance of coming back with the AWB (or worse) and ramming it through Congress in some weekend session when everyone isn't looking. Don't let up on this until there arent enough numbers to support this in either side of Congress, otherwise you might wake up to find out the Confiscationists got all their dirty little wishes and then some.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I believe they dropped this to look better in upcoming elections. They can say, "Look, we protected your guns, you can trust us". Then, if they get a majority, look out. Different weapons bans and magazine restrictions will fly out of there faster than you can keep up.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

This isn't a Win nor is it a victory... The price you will pay as American Citizen will be great.

Yes this is extremely disappointing. Delinquents' egos are deemed more important that human life.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

it is not the weapon! It is the person that holds the tool, that decides if it is for good or bad , just because a few go over the edge, makes the rest of us look bad. Any one at ant time could lose it, should the rest pay for it? No.
Drunk drivers drive cars, does that mean all car drivers are drunk? or should we ban cars? the drivers? or make laws to prevent drunk drivers?, and they really do not prevent them... only if they are pulled over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join