Assault Weapons Ban Won't be in Dems' Gun Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN WON'T BE IN DEMS' GUN BILL

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has decided that a proposed assault weapons ban won't be part of a gun control bill the Senate plans to debate next month, the sponsor of the ban said Tuesday, a decision that means the ban stands little chance of survival.

Instead, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will be able to offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment. Feinstein is all but certain to need 60 votes from the 100-member Senate to prevail. . .
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com
www.washingtontimes.com
www.ibtimes.com
www.usatoday.com
edit on 19-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Fixing links.. Sorry all
edit on Tue Mar 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS title edited

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It looks like this is dead on arrival as part of the overall bill. At least for the time being. That's reassuring, although the source who did it comes as a surprise.

I don't think Harry Reid did this out of any pure motives to help gun rights. I think he made a cold and calculated decision out of political expediency on what had to be dumped to pass it on any level. Hopefully, this still isn't enough to get it through a mixed Senate.

Nothing, in my opinion, has changed from the day prior to the CT shooting to what we see today for justifying sweeping new laws of any kind. Enforcement of existing laws would be a great start, before passing whole new ones to fail to enforce adequately.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Glorious news now we just need to focus our energy on stopping the various state level infringements happening in colorado ny among other places.thank you for sharing this this made my day i would have given anything to be a fly on the wall of the closed door meeting

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Certainly a small win, but nothing to put my fears and concerns to rest.

Harry knows that he stands to lose some Dems in two years if this would go thru, and he certainly does not want to lose his current authority.

Also, look at how they (progressives) are coming up with all kinds of other underhanded things to undermine the 2nd!

Again, good news, but nothing to stop being vigilant over for sure.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I absolutely agree. It's nothing to call a win or victory in the overall fight for the rights we didn't have to fight for just a few months ago.

In this battle though, victories seem few on even the small level. I'll take it where we can get it though and hope for more to follow. Maybe a trend can get started to move it back the other direction? (I know...I need to be happy with what we get right now..not look a gift horse in the mouth and ask for more...lol)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Instead, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will be able to offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment.

Who keeps voting her into office?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well now they just have to scrap the rest of it...

Time for another round of writing my representatives .

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But...but...........but..............I thought that EVERYONE in the US wanted this......

I guess that the polling might have been incorrect?? Nah!!!!! The evil NRA and the 1000 or so gun nuts in the US used underhanded tactics to quash this bill.

Poor DiFi, she will be crushed when she hears about this. This is a direct assault on women I tell ya.

It is only because a Woman pushed the bill. If it were proposed by one of those evil Republican Males, it would have been passed as a bill and the Tyrant 0bama would have been able to sign it into law, reluctantly I may add.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Her voting base is retread Hippies and Yippies. Not really surprised that she keeps coming back.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hopefully the high-cap mag thing will fall apart as well. Cant lose an inch here.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I as A Dem is ashamed of, nay appalled, by my own party actions , the Dem's are to be for Democracy not a totalitarian government, or least I thought it was, this has saddened me. They all need to be removed form office. For the "Right to keep and bear arms" is a right not a privilege! and yes if you take it as it is written, one should have with out the finger prints back ground checks the right to own a full auto as well. but then that is not the problem for we now have taken that as oh well if you can pay and fill out the forms, nay one should be able to walk in pay the price of the arm and walk out with it. "Shall not be infringed"!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not really surprised by this at all. Feinstein's bill hardly made it out of committee, so why would they think it had any chances of passing? I am sure there will be another version of this bill along shortly however to fill the gap.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Come over to the Libertarian side of things. You will be happy with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This isn't a Win nor is it a victory... The price you will pay as American Citizen will be great.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Senduko because: removed because you will know

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

ummm what are you talking about price to pay? you mean maintaining our gun rights and what utah case are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Utah massacre?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Removed for the sake of keeping the topic about a victory.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All I have to say about this is, wow. Just wow...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If your read it as written then we should be allowed to have anti-tank mines and RPG's.

But some weapons are already banned... wonder why your not crying yourself to sleep over that?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I really hate to step in and say anything about topic..I really do and people know that about me, I'd hope. However, in this, I'd honestly hope we don't devolve into a side debate on the CT School shooting. Plenty of threads run on that topic. Some very solid and most...closed for running off the rails of general policy here.

This is a bit of good news in an otherwise dark area of what's happening in the United States currently with Constitutional Law and Federal control issues. I'd hate to see it brought down in the murk and details of the CT event.

Thanks for reading my little note on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join