It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry's Job Application As The American People See It

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
Kerry is more than qualified for the job...

Why is he more qualified for the job (without bashing Bush).

Simple, First the man is a Statesman working for the people and preservine freedom. Fights for protecting the environment, human rights and preserving the constitution. He's been in a political role for 20+ years and has't stoped fighting for the US since he set boots in Nam. He will also bring people with him that share the same view of world politics and at home domestic needs. If we go another 4 years ticking off other countries, that trillion dollar deficit will seem like the good old days.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
Simple, First the man is a Statesman working for the people and preserving freedom.

I disagree, but this is the first reasonable answer I have gotten in a while. I disagree though, and I'll tell you why. He is not preserving freedom from my perspective. Freedom is not pay someone elses way. Freedom is not huge amounts of government waste because it is shown that the Federal Government is about as ineffective as it gets. This will only create further tax burden that we really don't need. That's not free to me.

Fights for protecting the environment, human rights and preserving the constitution. He's been in a political role for 20+ years and has't stoped fighting for the US since he set boots in Nam.

Protecting the environment? Protecting the envirnment would take a great upheaval in the Federal Government and all pertaining legislation, to include large scale corporate law changes. This is something that John Kerry is poiniantly against because it is too dangerous and would rock the boat too much.

Human rights. He certainly talks a good game, but what is there really to do anymore? The system is what it is, and will only change when we change it. Again, too much work.

He will also bring people with him that share the same view of world politics and at home domestic needs. If we go another 4 years ticking off other countries, that trillion dollar deficit will seem like the good old days.

We will continue to tick off countries regardless of who gets elected. That is the nature of the problem. They have little problem with Americans in general, but rather from our confrontational and inventionist additude over the past 40+ years.

Kerry has no plans to cut Israel free, so that ends the peace talks idea.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I disagree, but this is the first reasonable answer I have gotten in a while.

Thanks, ATS has been one of the best sites to debate on, I personally appreciate the challenge of it's, mostly intelligent crowd!

I disagree though, and I'll tell you why. He is not preserving freedom from my perspective. Freedom is not pay someone elses way. Freedom is not huge amounts of government waste because it is shown that the Federal Government is about as ineffective as it gets. This will only create further tax burden that we really don't need. That's not free to me.

Freedom's not free, it can not be given or forced upon a people. It has to be won either through aggression or aggeement. We have it from both. I think we all agree that a lot of blood was spilled for it. Government waste is a leftover thing from monarchies which all moderen governments are rooted. Democracy is the highest form of government in the sense that you give the people the most choice, The problem lies where we would have to vote on every issue that comes accross the congressional desk, hence why we are still a repubic where we entrust our vote to the elected. This is where the problem lies: We send them there protect our rights, guns, speech, religion while providing services that are of national interest. Ultimately we see a number of them fall for the bait and forget what we sent them there to do. We as a society need to figure this out,. Putting it in private companies hands leans to facism and corperate greed. "Ask the stock holders of Enron". On the other hand letting the government control it all leans communist and waste does occur if the people get complacent. "Who's watching the watchers" (Someone elses Quote).

Protecting the environment? Protecting the envirnment would take a great upheaval in the Federal Government and all pertaining legislation, to include large scale corporate law changes. This is something that John Kerry is poiniantly against because it is too dangerous and would rock the boat too much.

While we can't correct pollution over night, totally removing the previous laws was reckless. Other Japan and contries in Europe are biting this bullet, we have no choice. That sat. image in the ATS-earth sciences board is real. I disagree about rocking the boat after the election, he sure rocked Nixon's boat. But I would agree that during the election that both candidates walked egg shells

Human rights. He certainly talks a good game, but what is there really to do anymore? The system is what it is, and will only change when we change it. Again, too much work.

I think the HR game is long from over, too many people are under tirant regimes and in the interest of our needs we tend to overlook them.

We will continue to tick off countries regardless of who gets elected. That is the nature of the problem. They have little problem with Americans in general, but rather from our confrontational and inventionist additude over the past 40+ years.

Kerry has no plans to cut Israel free, so that ends the peace talks idea.

Unfortunately this may be true, but we could at least try to change it. Isreal? Yes there in lies a problem, but I can't put words on the situation yet, though I am seeing more aspects now that set a whole new perspective on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Sigh, I've already voted, so it's over for a few hours for me. I'm off-duty in politics.

So, DAMN that's funny. To bad we can't get Bush and Kerry to duke it out in a monkey pit with dung flying all over. Disco lights, the whole 9.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join