U.S. flies B-52s over South Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
The thing is, none of this matters unless the US is willing to continue flying jets over NK long after their exercises are done.

Read the story. They are flying in South Korean airspace, not North.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by F4guy

why dont they go into nk air space with those b 52s and see what happens...

The north has 8,000 radar guided antiaircraft guns and untold numbers of SA-2, SA-3, and the new SA-5 surface to air missiles. And a bunch of Mig-29s, with look-down shoot down radar and BVR (beyond visual range) air to air missiles.

Now, guess what happens.

That was exactly what I meant...

And the B-52 doesn't have to enter Nork airspace if they want to break their crap and kill people.

Trust me, they know what sort of air defences that NK has and plan accordingly.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The B-52 in question was part of Foal Eagle, and was already going to be flying over South Korea anyway. The Pentagon simply chose to use it as a messenger. There were several B-52s out of Anderson AB on Guam that were participating this year, along with F-16s, A-10s, and E-3s from various air bases in the region, including Kadena AB on Okinawa.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Originally posted by Atlantican
The B-52 is still the most majestic bomber of them all.
NOT a good sight if you are on the opposite side of a conflict.

Beautiful but massively terrible at the same time. A proven platform for sure, even if only for psychological war!
I don't know about the "most" psrt. The Tu-160 is newer, bigger, faster, stealthier, and pretty neat looking

It might have been...at some point in time.
LINK
LINK2

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

why dont they go into nk air space with those b 52s and see what happens...

They would wait until the the USAF and RKAF swept aside that 1970s North Korean Air Force and started jamming every radar in the country. Of course the B-52s can fire their cruise missles from outside of NK air space so they really do not need to.

Seems a bit excessive just to slaughter
a few impoverished peasants,who are
equally victims of their own leadership.
How's your f*c&ing luck eh...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by 00nunya00
The thing is, none of this matters unless the US is willing to continue flying jets over NK long after their exercises are done.

Read the story. They are flying in South Korean airspace, not North.

My mistake. The rest of my point is still correct.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is the same behavior China exerted towards Japan when they flew there planes by the island under dispute on who it belongs too.

It's funny I thought China and America were allies~ o.O

We should mount water balloon bombs on the B52's and launch an all out water balloon war~

Lil Kim will wet his pants~

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Uhm, got that backwards. US and Japan are allies. China and the US aren't really enemies, but aren't on the best terms. And since when can't the US fly an aircraft over allied airspace, during a military exercise? Because that's what that was.
edit on 3/19/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

And since when can't the US fly an aircraft over allied airspace, during a military exercise?

"These ... missions are routine and reiterate the U.S. commitment to the security of our allies and partners," Little said.

I don't have any idea how routine these really are.

Timing is everything.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

As I said earlier, the aircraft in question was flying out of Anderson AB on Guam, and participating in Foal Eagle, along with dozens of other aircraft, belonging to both the ROK and US. It also involved ground troops. The Pentagon simply chose to point out that the aircraft was there.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

oops... missed that. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Today Lil Kim
& Co announced through their agency that it will take action if it flies over the Korean Peninsula (Not north or south).
ATS_THREAD
edit on 20-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Good luck with that. They have somewhere around 35 MiG-29s which are the most modern of their air force. They would be up against the Wolfpack, which flies F-16s and is pretty much ready for anything from the North. Currently the Shoguns and their F-15s are also in the area, two of the best units in PACAF, on top of all the RoK F-15s and other aircraft.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join