It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Obama targets your FedEx, UPS packages

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Apparently UPS is stepping up their shipping requirements beyond what was reported back in December 2010.

The new policy expands a previous rule in place at UPS Customer Centers to include all retail outlets. Customers without a pre-printed shipping label will have to display an ID, Atlanta-based UPS said in a statement today.

Source

My job requires me to go to Fedex and/or UPS to pickup parts that are shipped for me to use to repair computers or TV's. After the repair I send the defective parts or parts I didn't use back using the prepaid shipping label that was sent with the shipment.
Well when I went to drop off the prelabeled package at UPS this morning they asked me what was in the package and asked to see my ID which I had left in another car. I got frustrated and left to get my ld. When I came back with my ID I asked why they were behaving this way and I was told it was TSA policy to ask for ID...and that they would be breaking the law if they didn't ask for it. This made me furious. I showed my ID, told them what was in the package got my receipt and left very unhappy about being treated like some kind of terriorist. I've been to this UPS customer center several times this month and the lady knew that I had a company ID badge, and had seen my ID in the past. They had no compassion or sympathy about upsetting me. They need to change the name of Customer Service to Go screw your self...lol I advised them that I don't get treated like this at Fedex or United States Postal Service and they replied we can't break the law. I was like yeah right and left. My main reason for being upset is that they knew me and the label was prepaid and from what I've read that doesn't require an ID to drop off and ship a package...down the toliet hole we go....Weeeeeeeee!

edit on 28-6-2013 by relocator because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join