It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical weapons used ln Syria ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
SourceJust in

The bbc is reporting the whitehouse ivestigating the possible use of chemical weapons in Syria
Lets see how it develpoes

Sorry I can't add more I'm hiding in the toilet at work editing as it is !

Cody

edit on 19/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am not trying to doubt your source, but the information that has been made public certainly is conflicting, but this is to be expected in a situation like this.

WASHINGTON — US official says there is no evidence Syrian rebels or Assad’s regime used chemical weapons.

Link

Remember to wash your hands when you are done

edit on 3/19/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: fix link

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I just read it on CNN also

Syrian regime, rebels blame each other for chemical attacks

The town of Ateibeh, in eastern Damascus, endured "fierce shelling with chemical rockets," an opposition group said. An unknown number of casualties were reported.

I like how it doesnt say "syrian government, terrorists blame eachother"...
Gives you an idea of where this whole thing is going, as if it hadnt been pointed out before....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If the Assad regime is using chemical weapons then that makes them the bad guys and the rebels the good guys unless they are the Muslim Brotherhood except for Egypt when we give them money and if they are Taliban then they are bad unless they are the Taliban that we like in Afghanistan where we don't like them, unless we do.
But. .
If the rebels are the ones using chemical weapons against the Assad regime then they are the bad guys against Assad who by comparison is a good guy unless you see his history where that makes him a bad guy unless he gets gassed, although the EU and America is supplying weapons and stuff to the rebels so that makes us the bad guys if they (the rebels) are using chemical weapons.

(Now I have a nose bleed)

I'm just going to root for some pretty girl on Idol and let the rest of the world blow itself the hell up!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was just reading about this on my RSOE EDIS alert app on my phone. I thought I'd swing by ATS & see what the brilliant minds here thought about this.

While reading, I could only think, please, let's NOT get involved in another foreign war!!!!

Could "TPTB" be supplying these weapons to further escalate the war- thus prime Syria for military intervention?

Why does it SEEM so many countries are bent on death & destruction?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Libya to arm rebels in Syria....
MISRATA, Libya: Syrian rebels have held secret talks with Libya's new authorities, aiming to secure weapons and money for their insurgency against Bashar al-Assad's regime, it has been revealed.

At the meeting, which was held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested assistance from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms and, potentially, volunteers.

''There is something being planned to send weapons and even Libyan fighters to Syria,'' a Libyan source said, on condition of anonymity. ''There is a military intervention on the way. Within a few weeks you will see.''

www.smh.com.au...

make that US SUPPORTED AL CIA DUH REBELS in LIBYA

edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: stars for the AVs on the page..lol

edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: and hence in syria too

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
who knows where this stuff actually wound up, but I bet the store is open for cash sales

Libyan rebels sold Hizballah and Hamas chemical shells

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report March 31, 2011, 11:24 AM

"Senior Libyan rebel “officers” sold Hizballah and Hamas thousands of chemical shells from the stocks of mustard and nerve gas that fell into rebel hands when they overran Muammar Qaddafi’s military facilities in and around Benghazi, debkafile’s exclusive military and intelligence sources report.
Word of the capture touched off a scramble in Tehran and among the terrorist groups it sponsors to get hold of their first unconventional weapons.

According to our sources, the rebels offloaded at least 2,000 artillery shells carrying mustard gas and 1,200 nerve gas shells for cash payment amounting to several million dollars.

US and Israeli intelligence agencies have tracked the WMD consignments from eastern Libya as far as Sudan in convoys secured by Iranian agents and Hizballah and Hamas guards. They are not believed to have reached their destinations in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip, apparently waiting for an opportunity to get their deadly freights through without the US or Israel attacking and destroying them."
www.notmsnmoney.proboards.com...
the debka link is archived for dough and is at the above link where I found the relevant quote posted
and yeah its debka but you get the idea

edit on 19-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi guys

Sorry it was such a short post it was right at the end of tea break,

I am not trying to doubt your source, but the information that has been made public certainly is conflicting, but this is to be expected in a situation like this. WASHINGTON — US official says there is no evidence Syrian rebels or Assad’s regime used chemical weapons.

Remember to wash your hands when you are done

I did remember by the way It takes real dedication to be an ATS'er

On a more serious note

I don't see what the rebels would get out of using chemical weapons, except possibly to get the government forces blamed for it,

The regime knows what could happen if it was them (need to keep China and Russia in mind though)

C.I.A. ? I suppose it's a possibility but a bit of a stretch

Here we go the Israelis ? I am very pro Israel as you all know but I wouldn't put it past them as they have plenty to gain, although an unstable Syria is easier to keep at bay.

So in short, yes, no, maybe, and they all did or didn't do it.

I'm off to join Beezer in nose bleed corner

Cody

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sorry guys didn't notice this had already been posted

Please redirect answers to THIS THREAD

Mods please feel free to remove this thread

top topics

join