It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigs second hand "smoke"? Safe or not for the non smoker?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I read, and even you said the studies are inconclusive.

So you take inconclusive studies with practically no control groups.....and you make up your mind that they conclude what you want them to.

Fail.

I am quite certain there is NO way what so ever that those 10 e cigs have more pollution than 1 car exhaust.

edit on 19-3-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Must have been surreal.
Ten elderly men sitting at what must have been a very large table at a food court in a mall. All smoking e-cigarettes at the same time.
I would wonder if I was in the Twilight Zone if it had happened to me. Just seems that weird.

link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Stage fog with GARBAGE in it that I don't want to breathe in...

Call me a fool all you want.......Just because you are one of the people who care less about others doesn't make you a tough guy......A rebel is about it......Wow congrats you rebel, you showed that non smoker what's up!!

+10 more 
link   
So your wife has poor circulation and you blame someone else? Hilarious.
Get her checked for blood clots, seriously.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I read, and even you said the studies are inconclusive.

So you take inconclusive studies with practically no control groups.....and you make up your mind that they conclude what you want them to.

Fail.

I am quite certain there is NO way what so ever that those 10 e cigs have more pollution than 1 car exhaust.

The first two links were not clear.....Read the last PEER REVIEWED study....

Pretty conclusive huh?? Oh you were reading with your eyes closed again.....FAIL

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I smoke and I run marathons. I have never had a problem. Last summer I switched to ecigarettes. I ran a marathon in the fall. It was horrible! It kicked my butt so hard that I ended up with heart palpitations and lost 15 pounds. I went back to tobacco and just put out a 25 mile long run last weekend and I feel great.

These e cigarettes are terrible for the user. You are literally freezing your lungs. The idea of second hand vapor is laughable though. There are so many pollutants in the air from hair spray to perfume to car exhaust and air conditioners that these puffs of vapor make no difference. It is only the "holier than thou" non smokers that suggest otherwise.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Propylene Glycol is a chemical that brings other things into the body. It plumps cells, giving them a smoother appearance on the skin. Medicines often use propylene glycol to make them get absorbed. This means that the second hand smoke from E-cigs can be more toxic than regular tobacco. Some cigarettes do have propylene glycol in them to keep them fresh. This is a problem I run into with my allergy. I try to find a pipe tobacco that doesn't have any. I can tell, it bothers my breathing

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Your personal attacks on me don't change the fact of what happened....

Not to mention my "experience" has NOTHING to do with the Peer Reviewed study in my OP....

You are trying to derail this by personal attacks.....I can take em all day buddy.....Doesn't change the FACTS

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Your personal attacks on me

Really?
This is getting surreal for me now.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Get yer nose out of somebody elses business......
It gets pretty damn tiring having people dictating to others.....because of their own proclivities.
Thisis the direction society is headed in....
Everyone the sam,e everyone with their heads up everybody eles gigi.
Truthfully you are breathing literally TONS of industrial byproducts and exhausts.all day every day.....
Why not go after the major pollutors instead of some wore out old folks......
This rap makes me angry.

I bet you complain about yer neigbours lawn too.....bah!

Could not agree more, to each their own....

I switched to the vapor style self refill e-cigs. Banana was my poison. My kidneys started getting sore from several months of the strongets e-cig self refill vapor liquid. Needless to say I have quit nicotine all together. Did you know pure nicotine was widely used for the main effective chemical in bug spray for decades. Even bugs that evolved over hundreds of millions of years couldn't stand this crap.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
E cigs haven't even been around long enough to produce conclusive evidence of anything.
If you understood the scientific method you would understand that.

You and your wife seem very delicate, my advice is for you to get a really good air purifier on your home ventilation system and stay inside.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Did you learn a new word? Surreal.....Man you are surreal now.....

That comes from reading.....If you want some reading, go to the peer reviewed study and take a look....Might learn a thing or two that don't include bashing me for not wanting this crap in public areas.....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

The only reason you wouldn't be able to see what I'm talking about is if you were on a mobile device.

I am in my office on a desktop.
And apparently still a bit confused.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Did you learn a new word? Surreal.....Man you are surreal now.....

That comes from reading.....If you want some reading, go to the peer reviewed study and take a look....Might learn a thing or two that don't include bashing me for not wanting this crap in public areas.....

Please bother to quote my personal attack on you in the thread.
You have accused me of it.
I am not aware that I have.

+4 more 
link   

Also, from what it sounds like the elderly gentlemen were there when you sat down, yes?

What was stopping you from sitting somewhere else?

link   
reply to post by timetothink

If a power plant was pumping smoke into the mall at the food court, I would be complaining about that too, you are right.....And e-cigs can be smoked outside where they belong...

My point is I don't want it where I am eating and my family is there.....Is that an issue with you?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Yes actually, that was the only seat left......We didn't think there would be any effects from these things! We both thought they were safe, until I researched it and found the peer reviewed study claiming otherwise...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Op I'd be more concerned about the toxic chemicals dumped everywhere in our country effecting your health than an e cig 2nd hand smoke. Just about every town city in the United States has at least 1 or more chemical waste dump sites from years gone by. And most are always located near schools, I know how convenient. Or near water sources. Just my 2 cents.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

During the smoking session we found: TOC=6.66mg/m3, toluene=1.7 μg/m3, xylene=0.2 μg/m3, CO=11 mg/m3, nicotine=34 μg/m3, acrolein=20 μg/ml and PAH=9.4 μg/m3. No glycerin, propylene glycol and NOx were detected after the smoking session. During the e-CIG session we found: TOC=0.73 mg/m3 and glycerin=72 μg/m3. No toluene, xylene, CO, NOx, nicotine, acrolein or PAHs were detected on room air during

From your peer reviewed study.

Toc= 6.66 with real cig

Toc=0.73 with e cig. And glycerin.

Nothing else was found in the air with e cigs..........NOTHING. Get it?

NO toluene, xylene, CO, NOx, nicotine, acrolein or PAHs were detected on room air during

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

It isn't that I am not concerned about other things like that.....It is I shouldn't have to breathe this crap in when I am in a public mall....

Enclosed spaces shouldn't be allowed to have these things being smoked is all I am saying.....Smoke outside where I don't have to breathe this stuff in.....That's it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join