It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I signed up drunk one night after years of lurking and proceeded to break every rule off the bat. I posted without saying hi to the community I have watched, admired, learnt from and sometimes became a little disillusioned from.
I posted an off topic one line post that was essentially a strawman argument, and I didnt even read the article I linked to. I'm sorry.

I am terrible with computers and struggle with tasks others take for granted, it has taken me three goes now just to figure out how to get to this intro page, I am not inclined to post much as I only have opinion to offer and every point I have had to make is generally covered better than I could have stated.

I,I,I had a long intro planned to express my gratitude to the site and members here for teaching me so much, however the reason I am posting now is because I want to share some photos I took a week ago of an object in the night sky.

Generally I am a skeptic, over the years I have devoured almast every ufo thread out, covering historic and current sightings, everything to me seems to have been sufficiently explained and with no real experiences myself, had pretty much lost interest , although I keep an open mind and appreciate so many people seem to have utterly convincing ( at least in their own mind ) sightings, something may be there.

So last week I was drunk, I am an artist who has been in a dry spell and had not had my art out for a while, the wave came back and I pulled my stuff out of the cupboard, this included my tripods and camera gear. Over the last few years I have been taking shots off my balcony of the horizon, sunsets, cloud formations etc, this particular night I got the urge to do another shot ( going to try a series of same shot, different mood/sky/season etc).

It was after dusk, dark but still a little light, so I grab my cheap old 8mp digital camera and went out and snapped a shot with the night setting 1st shot, of course I was holding it so very blurry. (remember I was drunk so memory is a little hazy), I then grabbed a tripod and took another 2nd shot- this is the one with the object at its clearest, I didn't see it when taking the shot but was aware of what I thought was a bright star in the screen, 24 seconds later I took the 3rd shot, the object is still there but moving away (again I wasn't following it, just taking shots. Only on reflection did I see it then uploaded to computer ), 34 seconds later I took a 4th shot, only when playing with exposure/contrast can I see a point of light indicating it as still barely visable.

I have limited capability, if I can see this through and get my 20 posts up, get the photos on here for all you brilliant folk here to have at it, i am intrigued as to what it may be, I realise its just another light in the sky and fully expect to find its just a helicopter.

The photos were uploaded to a mac, I played around with them a bit but left 4 unaltered because I know how important it is to have the pure data. they were then exported and saved to disc and uploaded to the pc I use for internet use. I then uploaded them to photobucket. Hopefully I have done it all right and it is but an easy (yeah sure) step to get them on here with all the data available.

A point while i'm thinking about it, the timestamp on the photos reads 30th Dec 2012, I think the cameras inbuilt battery?? may be kaput as these shots were taken last week.

Does it help if I give my photobucket account name? HHCS

I realise this is an introduction and I am supposed to wait to make a thread but I honestly dont want to be a prolific contributer, if I can just get the photos up I can go back to lurking. I will stay and answer questions though.

Lurking but loving the community you have here, thank you again ATS, I wont mention any names but there are a few whose posts I actively seek , others are avoided. All are appreciated.

Bet its a Helicopter...

Kind regards.

edit on 19-3-2013 by broadbandit because: excess paragraph

edit on 19-3-2013 by broadbandit because: add sentence

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't drink and type, it can be dangerous.
Keep it civil and have a good time.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

yeah, dont drink n drive/text/type/ phone , dont know how many times I need to learn that lesson.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
welcome, one thing to remember about posting supposed UFO's....single points of light against a dark backround show nothing. as with most photos taken of supposed UFO's, there is little detail. there are ones that were taken at night and show moving points of light, and when researched as to location, they turned out to be car headlights coming down a twisting mountain road, giving the allusion of strange movement. there are ones that show points of light that turn out to be law enforcement helicopters in the distance tracking speeders, or looking for runaway criminals. there are ones that are actually RC (radio controlled) hobby aircraft with goofy or strange lights on them. there are various company blimps that show advertisement slogans, or are simply flying to the next sporting venue... etc. ....here, on ATS, we've seen them all, so we get a little apathetic and/or grumpy when another clip or photo is pronounced as "THE REAL THING" !!!!!
and as with any clip or photo of a supposed UFO, hold the camera steady, make sure you have reference points (trees, buildings, etc), and for god's sakes use the ZOOM feature as little as possible, it just makes small pixels bigger and blurrier at medium to long range....ok that's my rant....have fun and talk to you in the forums.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

thanks for that, I appreciate all your points. A while ago I was going to put together a collection of photos / video of all the things I have that could pass for ufo as an example compilation. This one is a little different for me. more than a point of light, a series of photos showing movement of some considerable distance. but yeah, many logical possibilities to consider first.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by broadbandit

probably not the done thing, replying to myself. I dont want to crash someone elses thread just to get my 20 posts in.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

ok had a practice uploading image but the file size is limited.
How do I get the full image up so all detail is there?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just shamelessly plugging my thread, think I might use the time to practice the quote feature, see if I can format nicely like so many members do.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by broadbandit
Hi everyone

I signed up drunk one night after years of lurking and proceeded to break every rule off the bat. I posted without saying hi to the community I have watched, admired, learnt from and sometimes became a little disillusioned from.
I posted an off topic one line post that was essentially a strawman argument, and I didnt even read the article I linked to. I'm sorry.

I am terrible with computers and struggle with tasks others take for granted, it has taken me three goes now just to figure out how to get to this intro page, I am not inclined to post much as I only have opinion to offer and every point I have had to make is generally covered better than I could have stated.

I,I,I had a long intro planned to express my gratitude to the site and members here for teaching me so much, however the reason I am posting now is because I want to share some photos I took a week ago of an object in the night sky.

Generally I am a skeptic, over the years I have devoured almast every ufo thread out, covering historic and current sightings, everything to me seems to have been sufficiently explained and with no real experiences myself, had pretty much lost interest , although I keep an open mind and appreciate so many people seem to have utterly convincing ( at least in their own mind ) sightings, something may be there.

So last week I was drunk, I am an artist who has been in a dry spell and had not had my art out for a while, the wave came back and I pulled my stuff out of the cupboard, this included my tripods and camera gear. Over the last few years I have been taking shots off my balcony of the horizon, sunsets, cloud formations etc, this particular night I got the urge to do another shot ( going to try a series of same shot, different mood/sky/season etc).

It was after dusk, dark but still a little light, so I grab my cheap old 8mp digital camera and went out and snapped a shot with the night setting 1st shot, of course I was holding it so very blurry. (remember I was drunk so memory is a little hazy), I then grabbed a tripod and took another 2nd shot- this is the one with the object at its clearest, I didn't see it when taking the shot but was aware of what I thought was a bright star in the screen, 24 seconds later I took the 3rd shot, the object is still there but moving away (again I wasn't following it, just taking shots. Only on reflection did I see it then uploaded to computer ), 34 seconds later I took a 4th shot, only when playing with exposure/contrast can I see a point of light indicating it as still barely visable.

I have limited capability, if I can see this through and get my 20 posts up, get the photos on here for all you brilliant folk here to have at it, i am intrigued as to what it may be, I realise its just another light in the sky and fully expect to find its just a helicopter.

The photos were uploaded to a mac, I played around with them a bit but left 4 unaltered because I know how important it is to have the pure data. they were then exported and saved to disc and uploaded to the pc I use for internet use. I then uploaded them to photobucket. Hopefully I have done it all right and it is but an easy (yeah sure) step to get them on here with all the data available.

A point while i'm thinking about it, the timestamp on the photos reads 30th Dec 2012, I think the cameras inbuilt battery?? may be kaput as these shots were taken last week.

Does it help if I give my photobucket account name? HHCS

I realise this is an introduction and I am supposed to wait to make a thread but I honestly dont want to be a prolific contributer, if I can just get the photos up I can go back to lurking. I will stay and answer questions though.

Lurking but loving the community you have here, thank you again ATS, I wont mention any names but there are a few whose posts I actively seek , others are avoided. All are appreciated.

Bet its a Helicopter...

Kind regards.

edit on 19-3-2013 by broadbandit because: excess paragraph

edit on 19-3-2013 by broadbandit because: add sentence

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by broadbandit

Just shamelessly plugging my thread, think I might use the time to practice the quote feature, see if I can format nicely like so many members do.

that did'nt work, I only wanted one sentence out of that lot.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

How do you do?

Glad you made an intro.
Peace and love
-nat the cat-

You can make your posts anywhere you like.

edit on 19-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
HI! Welcome!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi right back at ya :-) Welcome

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hello broadbandit

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet. We are on the cross streets of sanity and intelligence. I hope that you you like the neighborhood.

join