It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a lost soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
To me, a lost soul is a soul that lost to affection, lost to love, lost to lust, lost to etc. of beautiful and wonderful things of desire.

Two lost souls can lose to those things together, and be buried in their losses.

Losers can be the biggest winners. Just give this some deep thought.

Losing your mind to feelings of love can be a great thing.

But what do you think is a lost soul?

P.S.

You all really should lose yourselves to sinful desire, and overcome religion in doing so. Even in the bible it is telling us we should overcome it.

Revelation 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Just like in the movie Thor. Thor had to lose in order to win.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think suicide would qualify the notion of a lost Soul.

I have this notion on my mind probably because two of my friends have committed suicide over the past year, nearly to the day.
edit on 19-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
IMO a lost soul is one who wanders to and fro always seeking refuge but but never finds it...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think I understand what that saying means. The saying of keep your friends close, enemies closer. Religion has taught us that things like what in all are desires are our enemies or are from our enemies (say, the Devil and his demons/angels). But if we lose to our enemies, we will have overcome. We will have beaten the game the bible comes off as at first, and have beaten this game this world comes off as at first, too.

To play to win is to lose.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I always figured that a lost soul was one removed from the love of God...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Alternative meaning:
If you sell your soul to the devil, after he comes to collect the soul, it is lost (as far as you are concerned).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A lost soul is a casualty of immaturity. Specifically, it's a soul that is locked in battle with a natural physical law. Defiance to an unchangeable force. A lost soul jumps off a cliff over and over and over insisting gravity should not pull it down.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I lost soul is what people call a person who has become aimless and despondent over that lack of self-purposefulness. It's a fairly subjective term that doesn't actually describe a person as much as it describes how one person sees another person or how a person sees himself (or herself) relative to how that person perceives others around them. It's never an objective description of a person. It's always a judgment determination, and is always based on cultural expectations (whether the person is meeting those expectations or not).

I'd love to be able to obliterate the entire concept of "lost soul", and free people from the wide range of bizarre expectations (for themselves and for others) that exist and have always existed. Life could be so wonderful if there were no expectations imposed on ourselves or on others. Today, it's sunny and starting to warm into Spring, and the air smells really fresh, and yet there are probably hundreds of thousands of people who are living within 20 miles of me right now who are suffering under dark, miserable self-imposed shadows that exist as a result of their inability to meet their own expectations and the expectations of those they love. And it sucks that these are the "lost souls" that you speak of, when in truth, they don't have to live like that. A beautiful day like this can't penetrate the kind of darkness that a human being can create when that person is ruled by expectations and artificial requirements that - often - can never be met. Requirements like "righteousness" or "godliness" or even most versions of "goodness".

The people (souls) who take that stuff to heart are all to often the ones who become lost as a result of their dedication to meeting the inherent demands of these expectations. It's terrible, because these are the good people, since the *ssholes generally assume that they're meeting all requirements, or even exceeding them.

edit on 3/19/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Since we are souls inhabiting bodies, a lost soul would be a person who has yet to find there true perpose on this planet. When you find your calling, it won't feel like a job. Do what you love above all.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think it's also the term they use when people are dead aboard an aircraft, but the plane is still flying. It happens sometimes when cabins depressurize at high altitudes.

Happened to a golfer and some others aboard a private jet some time ago and I believe that's what they referred to them as...lost souls.

It was sad.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

The definition of insanity is repeating the same task over and over again while expecting a different outcome. maybe lost souls are insane?
edit on 19-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I lost my soul to a she-devil, and her name is Babylon.

The temptation got a hold of me. It's just too much, but it is damn great! If I try to resist her, she will just come on stronger and take what she came for. But hey, you got to really like a woman that takes what she wants one way or another. She can do it the sane way or the crazy way with me. Face it, I have the great life of an authentic lost soul.
Babylon the Great is a true spinner of great admiration in an infinity's worth of ways and wises as far as I can see.
edit on 19-3-2013 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join