It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An abstract thought about the Fukushima situation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

All the time I see this rambling op´s that do not seem to be able to communicate in short sentences.

Could you tell us what is strange about the fukushima incident in a few bullet points maybe?

All I got so far is that you´re a big manga/japan fan, which would explain your choice of topic.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Hello there! Here is an interesting report I found while searching information on industrial hemp...

In 1998, Consolidated Growers and Processors (CGP), PHYTOTECH, and the Ukraine's Institute of Bast Crops began what may be one of the most important projects in history - the planting of industrial hemp for the removal of contaminants in the soil near Chernobyl.

Phytoremediation can be used to remove radioactive elements from soil and water at former weapons producing facilaties. It can also be used to clean up metals, pesticides, solvents, explosives, crude oil, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, and toxins leaching from landfills.

Plants break down or degrade organic pollutants and stabilize metal contaminants by acting as filters or traps. PHYTOTECH is conducting feild trials to improve the phytoextraction of lead, uranium, cesium-137, and strontium-90 from soils and also from water.

"Hemp is proving to be one of the best phyto-remediative plants we have been able to find," said Slavik Dushenkov, a research scienst with PHYTOTECH. Test results have been promising and CGP, PHYOTECH and the Bast Institute plan full scale trials in the Chernobyl region in the spring of 1999.

Getting those toxic and radioactive elements out of the soil is crucial to restoring the ecosystem after a nuclear disaster. A technique called "phytoremediation" uses certain plants to leech these elements from the soil... guess which one is one of the best at that task? Good old industrial hemp, cannabis' non-drug cousin that our government bans.

I think that this would be a good first step

Link: www.examiner.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join