It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An abstract thought about the Fukushima situation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So we all know what is going on at Fukushima nuclear plant. Or maybe it would be more correct to say noone knows really....
I feel this is going to be very big. It reminds me of the manga Akira by the great Katsuhiro Ōtomo. There was a before, there will be an after.
I can't believe even the Japanese who are so connected to nature and have a kind of very folkloric / animist history despite their technological advance got entangled in this whole nuclear energy deal.

Something went so *****ing wrong in our industrial evolution.
Easy to say when you have "all you need" but I really wish human race had grown-up faster, earlier... we are still retard teenagers.
"Who cares about tomorrow, I live now".
Such a lack of respect towards The Bigger Thing. What put us heren whatever it is.
I admit being quite pessimistic.life appeared here on earth, we had our go, we did pretty good I think. So close but so far. Kind of the clever kid who spoils his possibilities.
I mean you know it's OK... it will pop up somewhere else in a jiffy, we'll be back in the giant vibrantional universe and then who knows.

Regarding this ultimate matter, radioactive matter, we were just messing out with grown-up stuff. We figured out it would be fine, we were progressing fast in technologies.
But who the f*** on earth said "ok we don't really know how to use this stuff, it is insanely dangerous, but what the heck, we'll find a way to deal with it at one point. We need to produce stuff now to be happy guys, THIS is the real deal."

Then yes some entities from all over the spectrum of reality came along and tried to warn us, but we also had some ways to deal with them I suppose.

If you ask me (and I ain t no clever lad) we should have sticked to "dirty energy" like coal untill we found out something better. We should have been less egoistic ("listen man I like your approach but I live right now and I need dollars") and said to the most agressive forms of capitalism, the uncoherent gathering of wealth, to **** o f f.
And Tesla gave it a try, but the retrograde 2D brains of this world took his genius and wasted it, like children take wings off butterflies because they are nice and pure and shiny.
And dangerous... People with a bigger picture vision are dangerous for the pigs of this world. For the ones stuck in space and time. For the one who built your society of degrading mechanisms, of downwards intellectual levelling through media, of physical control through poverty and monetary systems.

I guess I want to say Fukushima is the visible, glowing part of the aberation in wich we live, the dark, drab, humongous iceberg of our race floating in what used to be a potential paradise.

Love and light to all of you.

Logiciel

edit on 19/3/13 by JustMike because: Snipped inappropriate word. Note to OP: please don't use such methods to evade the auto censors. This is a family-friendly site. Thank you.
~Mike

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I got carried away in my distress...
Because I wanted to shout out: "come on guys! There MUST be a way to figure this situation out!
The universe is a constant fluctuation betwin opposits, there is the Yang to the Ying, there must me the antidote to nuclear radiation. There must be a solution.
I wish I knew anything about physics damn GOD.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

I used to believe that nuclear power was a good thing.

Fukushima came along and enlightened me to the fact that nearly every commercial reactor out there is a ticking time bomb waiting to lay waste to large areas.

Lord help us in the event of an EMP attack or another Carrington event.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Dome it, just like in the Simpsons movie! LoL

This idea IMHO actually has some merit, split the hemisphere in to four parts then drive them into place in a similar fashion to the way we moved the Saturn 5 rocket. Then dig under the reactor and put in place some form of radiation shielding so said radiation or radioactive particulate matter cannot enter the water table. Not saying the logistics of doing this would be simple but nether was the building of the great pyramid.

look at it this way, if you don't do anything its our children that will pay the price not the current generation
edit on 19-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

yeah doming techically could do it. As you say though, let's not speak of logistics. It would take a while to conceive/build the four giant parts, prepare the location, the problem is is there anything that can withstand melting radioactive stuff? i guess it's not really "doable" given the unstable nature of the situation (earthquake territory...)

what about projecting thousands of metric tons of sand in the pit.... would the whole thing end up emprisonned in a gangue of vitrified sand (glass)? :ppppp

I want a physicist to explain me precisely what is a nuclear reaction. There got to be a way to reverse the process...

please little UFO do the magic trick
((

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

"what about projecting thousands of metric tons of sand in the pit.... would the whole thing end up emprisonned in a gangue of vitrified sand"

Or you may end up with a large pile of radioactive sand, which could be carried on the prevailing winds probably straight into the jet stream and around the planet.

As to my suggestion, I have completely no idea as to the nature of the material required for under the reactor. Simple lead shielding over a steel frame should suffice for construction of the dome, as long as the surrounding bedrock will support the weight.
edit on 19-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just in case anyone reading this happens to own property in Fukushima Prefecture, and is afraid enough to let it go cheaply, my wife and I would be interested.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

shred and inject all radioactive waste past the subduction zone and into the magma. dispersal and dilution could be a viable option. lots of titanium pipework required perhaps.
f(uk).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Just in case anyone reading this happens to own property in Fukushima Prefecture, and is afraid enough to let it go cheaply, my wife and I would be interested.

It's pretty much empty... There are literally only a few people who have denied government assistance in leaving, I really don't think you would want to live there. No fresh water that isn't irradiated, you can't grow anything there because it would be contaminated, you can't keep food there with out it becoming contaminated. Why would you want to buy property in a Nuclear disaster zone? Suicide by ignorance?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

shred and inject all radioactive waste past the subduction zone and into the magma. dispersal and dilution could be a viable option. lots of titanium pipework required perhaps.
f(uk).

Bad Idea, you do realize magma is hot enough to melt titanium right? Pretty much all known metals melt before stone. If you drilled down far enough to reach the magma, you would also provide a place for that magma to come to the surface, putting nuclear fuel close to or in that magma would merely provide it a means to come back to the surface. The additional heat would increase the radioactive decay making the fuel give off more radiation.

It's not a viable option.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My abstract thought about Fukushima is... Aheeeem~ Japan is preparing Godzilla and will be ready for world domination shortly.

On a serious note,

Who were the imbeciles who wanted to play with radioactive material and didn't think this was a possibility of happening. Who I say~

We should gather them all up and drop them off at the location where Godzilla is going to spawn and let them deal with this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Me too, it looks beautiful, but I think there will be some developers buying it up already, and no doubt getting some bargains.

UNSCEAR also found no observable health effects from last year’s nuclear accident in Fukushima. No effects.

The Japanese people can start eating their own food again, and moving back into areas only lightly contaminated with radiation levels that are similar to background in many areas of the world like Colorado and Brazil.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

It's pretty much empty... There are literally only a few people who have denied government assistance in leaving, I really don't think you would want to live there. No fresh water that isn't irradiated, you can't grow anything there because it would be contaminated, you can't keep food there with out it becoming contaminated. Why would you want to buy property in a Nuclear disaster zone? Suicide by ignorance?

My wife was born and raised in Iwaki, Fukushima. I already own a very nice house in the area, and we spend half of each year living in it. I have no ill effects from radiation.

Edited to add: Where do you get your information? Have you been there? It's far from empty in Fukushima Prefecture, and the water drinks just fine. I'm more afraid of what comes out of the tap in California.
edit on 19-3-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

I have photographs of me planting rice nearly a year ago, in Iwaki, Fukushima. My wife's family owns a large amount of agricultural land in and around Iwaki, and the government gave them safety approval to farm more than a year ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I can only be impressed by your true optimism.
Nevertheless what is your opinion regarding the final outcome of this situation.
Do you have children? Would you raise your children near Fukushima? Do you think there are any risks regarding the consequences of what I believe to be such a serious situation?
I feel this whole place is a castle of cards. It is begging to collapse and it is such a sensitive area regarding sismic activity and its outcomes.

Regarding the brainstorming ; ) , Ok sand isn't such a clever idea.
What about using one of those fancy drilling device used by the USA to create tunnels? you know the ones that melt the stone and crate a glasse tunnel? (btw I never undrstood where exactly it had been used, I just know these machines exist). We could create a vitrified tunnel starting a few meters under the waist pool. I guess it would mean sacrificing the machine. You would make it go far and deep, then maybe a second drill system would drill from under the pool and everything would magically slide down the tunnel. finally find a way to close the whole pit.

I guess you would then have to deal with decontamination of site but at least the levels of radiation would allow decent approach of site...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

First, let me state that I accidentally posted my first comment to your thread. I thought that I was posting to the other thread about the Fukushima.

I wholeheartedly agree with the overall spirit of your original post. I do not think that we should be recklessly using such dangerous materials, and have often wondered why there is such a strong push to keep nuclear energy alive. I have had my own theory about why, and have recently read an article here on ATS which shares my idea.

When the tsunami first hit, and the reactors were damaged, my wife and I did indeed evacuate out of Japan. Why? We left because of the overkill of fear-mongering that erupted on ATS, and also because I was lucky enough to have an easy means of evacuation at my disposal. Upon returning to Japan, for the first time after the tsunami, I found that the radiation was not as serious as some would have us believe. Seafood, water, and produce. The air was clean. For most of Fukushima Prefecture, life went on as normal. Yes, there were places, near the reactors, where radiation was reported to be too high for human safety. I have not really ventured too close to the reactors. My Iwaki home is about 25 km south of the reactors, and I have no ill health effects from being there. None of my in law relatives have any ill health effects either, and many of them live closer to the reactors than we do. About a year ago, I posted to a thread, some pictures of healthy Fukushima vegetables growing on a farm. I may have even posted pictures of me planting rice. I do not recall.

I do not claim that there is no danger from the damaged reactors of Fukushima. I claim that most of what is posted seems to be greatly exaggerated.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

First, let me state that I accidentally posted my first comment to your thread. I thought that I was posting to the other thread about the Fukushima.

I wholeheartedly agree with the overall spirit of your original post. I do not think that we should be recklessly using such dangerous materials, and have often wondered why there is such a strong push to keep nuclear energy alive. I have had my own theory about why, and have recently read an article here on ATS which shares my idea.

When the tsunami first hit, and the reactors were damaged, my wife and I did indeed evacuate out of Japan. Why? We left because of the overkill of fear-mongering that erupted on ATS, and also because I was lucky enough to have an easy means of evacuation at my disposal. Upon returning to Japan, for the first time after the tsunami, I found that the radiation was not as serious as some would have us believe. Seafood, water, and produce. The air was clean. For most of Fukushima Prefecture, life went on as normal. Yes, there were places, near the reactors, where radiation was reported to be too high for human safety. I have not really ventured too close to the reactors. My Iwaki home is about 25 km south of the reactors, and I have no ill health effects from being there. None of my in law relatives have any ill health effects either, and many of them live closer to the reactors than we do. About a year ago, I posted to a thread, some pictures of healthy Fukushima vegetables growing on a farm. I may have even posted pictures of me planting rice. I do not recall.

I do not claim that there is no danger from the damaged reactors of Fukushima. I claim that most of what is posted seems to be greatly exaggerated.

What kind of instrument are you using to detect the amount of radiation? SOEKS?

Here is a good thread on the subject about the radiation plumes from Fukushima spreading around the world. I wish there was more coverage of private individuals monitoring radiation using these geiger counters at the source. I don't trust TEPCO.

Radiation Watch 2013

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I thought the radiation was of the chart essentially unmeasurable by our current standards.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I was totally surprised you mentioned Akira. Akira is a profound, philosophically riddled, movie for sure. Though most people are turned off from the fact that it is an animated movie ( anime ), I think it definitely is worth mentioning here in relation to Fukushima.

I remember a long while back ( 2007? ) Benjamin Fulford said in an interview that the entire Northern Hemisphere would be purposefully radiated. He made it out to be a planned 'new world order' type agenda related to population reduction, to create serious physical issues common to make people less self reliant and generally to aid in a confusing, dangerous world that would be easier to control. Now, I was not familiar with Benjamin Fulford at the time, and I still to this day do not know anything about him other than I believe he lives in Japan.

I did take note that when Fukushima happened many spoke of the radiation leeching into the jet stream and reaching the US.

Japan took two atom bombs during WW2. Since world war 2 the average height of Japanese has risen. This is attributed to introduction of the western diet which contains many things that the Japanese diet was lacking. When you go to Japan, for instance, and see old ladies they are hunched over and VERY short in their old age. It was explained to me while I lived there, I forget which mineral/nutrition that the traditional Japanese diet lacks but it's one that isn't very conducive for bone health etc.

Anyhow, what I mean to say is that the 'common Japanese genetics' have been rapidly changing. And while many put it to the introduction of a completely new diet, I would say radiation - known to have huge effects on deforming/reconstructing DNA - also plays a role. While ww2 was bombs during war, Fukushima seems to be a natural disaster - one that is not being dealt with very well.... I mean, I have heard some scary things that I can only imagine engineers, construction workers .. People with real knowledge on how to deal with finding a solution simply don't know what to do, the risks are so high and that is pretty scary for Japanese living in the area.

The food they eat from that region is all contaminated, the radiation in the rain.. It's basically everywhere. I can only suppose that each person will get a specifically different amount of radiation from it. Perhaps most people will be poisoned too much and have negative effects, and then most of the rest not be effected too much - but then there could be a select few who by change get a perfect amount of radiation in JUST THE RIGHT places of their DNA in order to 'reform their DNA' and then when they have children their children have new DNA traits that otherwise wouldn't have been possible. Possibly traits that lead to a further perfection of the Japanese genetics?

Just thinking outloud.. I do see that for sure in connection to Akira. In Akira the corrupt government couldn't deal with what was happening either. Hopefully we won't see something too extreme.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

What kind of instrument are you using to detect the amount of radiation? SOEKS?

Here is a good thread on the subject about the radiation plumes from Fukushima spreading around the world. I wish there was more coverage of private individuals monitoring radiation using these geiger counters at the source. I don't trust TEPCO.

Radiation Watch 2013

I'm not checking for radiation. Let's just say that I have a fatalistic approach to life.

I think, Fukushima is a threat. However, it is not such a big threat. Unfortunately, I know there are far bigger issues threatening our environment and population. I know that I go to a doctor 2-3 times a month, and I exhibit no symptoms of radiation poisoning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join