It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Business Sold Us Out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Have you been trying to buy American made products to help our US economy? I have, and sad to say that it is difficult to do.

Example: Here are a few company's that sold America out... In April 2011, Stanley Black & Decker (DeWalt's current parent company) launched a line of hand tools under the DeWalt brand. Most of these hand tools are manufactured and assembled in China, Mexico, Taiwan or Thailand. However, a few hand tools (e.g., their retractable knife, tape measures and screwdrivers) are assembled in the USA from globally sourced parts.

Most companies have done the same...

Answers -Web Link

The American business owners have succumbed to nothing but greed, they sold America out for the love of money, plan and simple. Quality parts and products are no longer made... designed to fail so you will buy another product that will equally fail after a curtain amount of usage. They use cheap labor from other countries, along with cheap materials that are produced in other countries, etc...

Where is your daily household product made: who made the carpet or flooring you walk on daily?, where did your car come from? Who made the tooth brush you put in your mouth daily?, who made your telephone, shoes, cloths, computer/printer, tools, household appliances, etc...? an endless list.

Here is a list of what you still maybe able to buy from American made company's; The list they have is not that impressive in my opinion, which proves my point that America has been sold out from the inside...

Americans Working.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Hard for the companies to compete with near zero labor costs (comparatively speaking) in Asian and Latin American countries.

Making it even more difficult, some politicians are pushing for a higher minimum wage in the US.

Maybe it isn't that we don't earn enough, maybe it is that they take too much of our earnings in taxes and make prices soar through their 'helpful' intervention in areas where they should leave well enough alone.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

no, the American government sold us out.

it is the government who push these companies overseas with their tax schemes.

their marxist class warfare claptrap, and now obamacare will push even more to leave.

and you can thank the demonrats for that...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by Shdak

no, the American government sold us out.

it is the government who push these companies overseas with their tax schemes.

their marxist class warfare claptrap, and now obamacare will push even more to leave.

and you can thank the demonrats for that...

You can whine the Marxist crap all you want but it simply isn't true. If you are brave enough to do some research you will find these companies were already doing near record profits when they moved overseas. NAFTA is what killed our economy and the blame for that falls right on that failure Reagan. He started it and when Bush took office he signed it. Sorry the Dems are not the blame in fact they offered companies a tax break to move back but the Repubs blocked it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The answer is simple, elect politicians who will start working for the average person, instead of corporate entities.

End all the trade treaties that allow goods made from slave labor to be sold in the US.

The next big problem is excessive immigration and banker inflation of land costs.

After WW II they did all the right things, and it can be done again.

All that commie propaganda nonsense is what screwed us up in the first place, the war in Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

LOL.

what you read the first line on wiki didn't you?
wow thats some good research.

bill clinton signed nafta into law in 93'.
not bush.

the failure of Reagan?
boy you really hate the American idea don't you?

keep defending the marxists who keep us divided.
you do such a bang up job.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The USA is doomed. The leaders listened to a screwed up philosophy which could not work. Now people want much more than they need just to try to impress others. The jobs have left the country and a multitude of the jobs that exist are based on imports. Half of the population cannot support the whole population of this country. We cannot count on government sponsored jobs to fulfill this need. We need real employers, not service oriented employers that leave our country at risk of collapse. Look in the stores, most stuff is imported, if not imported the parts are imported. This does not work. We have been led to believe a lie. Our children's future has been ruined because we desired things we did not need. I don't care how much money you have saved, it will shortly be all gone except for the people who will take their money and leave this country. I would have to say it is too late, even the rabbit that the government pulls out of their hat was created in China.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I worked for a major company, one of which started in my hometown from basically nothing, profits at am all time high year after year. The company paid their employees vary well... there was no problems until they started wanting to show growth year after year, it just became unacceptable at the growth standpoint... again profits were never a problem. to get that growth they started pulling tools and equipment to send to other countries so they could do the so-called world market thing (expanding & diversifying), "That's what they believed growth was". It didn't mater if we could supply the whole world with products from the US, which we could with ease. The bottom line was that the business owner, CEO's, and other's wanted it that way, to show growth "not profits"

This company took what was created here and moved it to foreign countries. In turn that took jobs from the US. and due to little taxes, cheaper labor, cheaper materials... this company made huge growth expectation (note: a goal that the company leaders set) and then came the higher profit margin. There was no increase in production, no employee salary reductions, etc. for those jobs remaining in the US which is my point.

When this company saw the results, and the extra profits "GREED" set in throughout the leadership, more and more tools and equipment being sent out, or new equipment and tools being made to be used not in America, but China. I'm actually surprised that they are still making parts here, I do know the production has slowed... drastically.

Do I blame the Government, yep...they played a hand in doing what the business owners wanted in the first place. It's the business's I blame the most... they are the one's who lobbied for governmental changes in laws, which in turn sold the American people out...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

It is amazing how you have bought the propaganda lies, that you ignore the facts and post nonsense. US jobs are not going to Mexico, they have gone to communist China.

Those who love corporations and hate the US government are the communists. That is what you support.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by bjax9er

It is amazing how you have bought the propaganda lies, that you ignore the facts and post nonsense. US jobs are not going to Mexico, they have gone to communist China.

Those who love corporations and hate the US government are the communists. That is what you support.

what the hell are you talking about?

please use your brain before posting incoherent jibberish.
maybe proof reading before posting will help.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

It is called reality.

Something your posts ignore.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I work for a major company that is trade on wall street every day and I agree its wall street Selling us out, I am so sick of hearing the phrase "we need to show growth for our investors" Wall Street is pushing our company to grow in a ecomonmy that is weak, Our PE is at .92, our divident rate is .42 and our earnings was at 1.82 per share, but we are being hammered to grow by wall street.

I believe alot of it has to do with wall street and NAFTA, bad idea, why is our terrifs so high in other contries and we don't charge much them much on their terrifs.

top topics

join