It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Industrial Chemicals Found in Supermarket Foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Science Daily is reporting that industrial chemicals have been found in supermarket foods.

Researchers at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) have discovered phthalates, industrial chemicals, in common foods purchased in the United States. Phthalates can be found in a variety of products and food packaging material, child-care articles and medical devices.

Supposedly, this is no cause for alarm as the levels of phthalates in our bodies are below the concern level of the EPA.

Really?

Phthalates are synthetic compounds that are used as a plasticizers and in personal care products such a shampoo, soap, perfumes and other common household products. According to Schecter, exposure to phthalates has been reported to be associated with harmful effects including reproductive changes such as damage in sperm, premature breast development in girls and premature birth.

A sample of 72 commonly consumed foods including pizza, meats and beverages from supermarkets in Albany, N.Y., were purchased and tested for the presence of phthalates. Researchers detected some level of phthalate in every food product they sampled, Schecter said.

So despite the EPA's assurances that the levels are "within normal bounds," these chemicals can cause quite a lot of changes, both before and after birth.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hey girlfriend, you really have some interesting threads going!
Regarding this one....I have absolutely NO trust in anything the 'authorities' tell us anymore.

I'm in Canada, and recently a new tv commercial by the Heart and Stroke foundation states that "the AVERAGE Canadian will spend their last ten years in sickness". Ummm....wtf? The average Canadian?

I have trouble eating lately...wondering what exactly is in the food/water that I'm ingesting. I don't know what to believe, and what is safe. What you have just stated above....doesn't even surprise me. The sicker we get, the more money 'they' make treating us.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
jacygirl

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Here is some more info on phthalates, and 7 good tips, how to avoid.

But there are a keyword in this, which is found in the headline below, incl. link.

How to Avoid Phthalates (Even Though You Can't Avoid Phthalates)
edit on 19-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Phthalates are pretty much found in everything, and there is not much you can do about it but to make a thread on ATS and ask, "what do you think?"

If we want to remove all those things that poison us today, we would have to start from scratch, which is stoneage living.

The future generations will feel this, not so much us, sad but true.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You know what really pisses me off? (please excuse my French)...

About 20 years ago the big fashion was OK WHALES ARE BEING KILLED TO MAKE SOAP OUT OF THEIR BLUBBER!

Now, 20 years later, we still have not evolved as just humane creatures... and have made things worse by now adding chemical products to those soaps and other products found in all polular supermarkets...

I guess that that with human evolution we will all have a MEGA massive abdomen to contain that MEGA massive Liver! in about 250 years time?

Sadly

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Here's a report on it by he FDA...

Link

Make what you will of it

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

premature breast development in girls and premature birth

They mimic human hormones, this is why there is a common warning not to reuse most plastic bottles and in most nations plastic is removed from paraphernalia used for feeding babies.

Btw soy also has a compound that mimics estrogen (female hormone)...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
how do they know that the limits are with in normal bounds? wouldn`t that depend on how often,and how much of the products you use?

Individually these small amounts of different chemicals might not be harmful BUT they have no way of knowing what the out come of being subjected to tens of thousands of these small amounts of different chemicals combined, will be.

It`s like a little gasoline by itself isn`t too dangerous, and a lit match by itself isn`t too dangerous but when you combine them they are very dangerous and hazardous.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hey girlfriend, you really have some interesting threads going!
Regarding this one....I have absolutely NO trust in anything the 'authorities' tell us anymore.

I'm in Canada, and recently a new tv commercial by the Heart and Stroke foundation states that "the AVERAGE Canadian will spend their last ten years in sickness". Ummm....wtf? The average Canadian?

I have trouble eating lately...wondering what exactly is in the food/water that I'm ingesting. I don't know what to believe, and what is safe. What you have just stated above....doesn't even surprise me. The sicker we get, the more money 'they' make treating us.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
jacygirl

Canada here -- Saw the commercial too and it concerned me. When going about buying my products now I honestly don't even feel like it. What's the point? I have no idea what's in the product and feel like crap after consuming it. I have an order of a DVD work out and Shakeology on the way and am excited to turn over to the healthy lifestyle. I am very fit and young but do not want to lose my health over delicious tasting false food.

new topics

top topics

join