It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthmarks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinrobbin

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who shared in this thread...I have had the best fun checking out everyone's comments throughout the day!!! Thanks too for the stars and flags...

edit on (3/20/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, rockinrobbin! Your story is so interesting...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS rockinrobin,
your reply gave me goosebumps.
I have often wondered why one just get that instinctive "deepdown bone-marrow" type of instant fear of/dislike for some people.I will never forget,some years ago we were watching the Olympics,men's gymnastics,on TV,and i saw this American gymnast-instantly i was overtaken by a most horrible,horrible sick feeling-i was literally nauseous.Just profound distaste,dislike,a kind of disgusted horror,even-inexplicable.So i do understand that feeling of yours about the janitor.

I was born with 2 birthmarks myself,on on my face,and one on my lower back.The one on my face was surgically removed,but the one on my back had disappeared by itself by the time i was around 10/11,my adoptive mother saw fit to only have my facial birthmark removed then.It was'nt big-but by that time i Was heartily sick of people who just met me asking;"Is that a birthmark you got there?"
I have had pastlife visions,but never anything pertaining to an injury,not a physical one anyway.

My interest is more in how our relationships,wonderful or catastrophic,relates to past lives.
Because really,i think we keep meeting the same people we had issues with,the ones we murdered,the ones we loved extremely much,the ones we could never get along with,the ones that loved us,or caused us pain,or murdered us.I think we are supposed to keep meeting them till at least we can be at peace with each other,if not much more.I dont think its possible to meet all of them in every lifetime,that would be impossible,but imo,we get a few of the ones we had major beef with,or them with us,in every lifetime.

My oldest daughter and i have a big "personality clash",and the weird thing is,she shares a birthday with my adoptive mother,who was catastrophic for me,i suffered tremendous mental,emotional and psychological abuse at her hands,as well as physical,though that was Nothing compared to the first 3 types i mentioned.
My husband's mother ,who despises me,and always has,shares a starsign with my late adoptive mother,and my daughter-Pisces-so i wonder sometimes if these huge personality clashes can be as simple as that Taurus women and Pisces women do not get along,in any way shape of form.

Or if these are people i have wronged very badly in past lives?Maybe even murdered?

Well,i cannot walk away from my child,as i could fom my adoptive mother,or my husband's mother,simply because i do love her,even if we never got along,and experienced much strife and unhappiness-partly because i made many mistakes,partly because of circumstances beyond our control,partly because of mistakes she made.
The important thing is to hold onto the love,and to forgive-she knows i love her,as a matter of fact,we had an emotional and weepy phone conversation earlier this morning,but it was good,we Talk,and we cry,and we keep holding onto each other even when it gets difficult,and from that i can conclude that she does love me too-its just that we have to work really,Really hard at it,with my other 2 children,its effortless,it just flows,as does her relationship with her fiance's mother.They just naturally "click" as i just naturally "click" with my 2 younger children-but my daughter's future mom-in-law has the exact same problem with HER own daughter,while with her son,its easyflow,a deep and effortless connection and bond.
So yeah,that part of it is of great interest to me.
Well,in this lifetime,my daughter and i keep holding on,because we do love each other even if we can't get along,while with my mother and my husband's mother-it worked out better to just not spend any time together-at least we did'nt kill each other this time round,which is an improvement.I certainly tried with my husband's mother,but eventually after her living with us for 3 years and making my life a misery+being very abusive,she and my hubby's dad found their own place after a massive,catastrophic argument.I can take a lot,and for a long time,but eventually i Will detonate.So now she never comes to visit,but as she lives on the other side of the country,visits were few and far between anyway.
Here's the thing though-when she still would occasionally come to visit,i could always see(despite me bending over backwards to accommodate her,and putting up with rudeness for the sake of peace) she literally could NOT be around me for longer than 3 days at a time-i could see her getting physically uncomfortable by the 2nd day.This really seems to go much deeper than a "personality clash" whether based on astrological compatibility or whatever else.
Interesting thread,s+f.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Or were you not?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Yeah, me too. But I also have the "civil war belly wound" birthmark... Oh the places I could go with this...
Fascinating subject.
Not sure how I feel about reincarnation though.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am a Past Life Regression hypnotist and have done many sessions where the cause of a mark on the body or ailment has been revealed by events in a previous lifetime. I have seen someone's life change dramatically by the information they receive in a sessions. If you are interested, check out my website: www.johannaalley.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've heard of this theory before, but have questioned it since having children.
Here's why:
My oldest, has a reverse birthmark, in the exact spot as mine.
I "developed" another birthmark on my leg, by my knee, right after my youngest son was born.
I even talked to my doctor about it.

So, whereas I do believe in reincarnation, I still have lots more questions than answers regarding birthmarks.

Interesting thread though!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have 4 birthmarks.. one is pretty clear.. reads "443" but upside down on the back of my thigh. I had meant to post a pic here months ago during another birthmark convo. but forgot! The joke for yrs has been there are only 223 more generations till the antichrist.

The others are round or oblong browner than my normal brown skin. Not overly interesting.

IMO, birthmarks are just marks and it is a fluke my one birthmark looks like a series of numbers. Id LOVE to be all neato and special, but sadly, Im just your average person.

One of my cousins kids has a port wine type birthmark IN her mouth that also extends to part of her lip outside. She must have been a large mouth bass in a previous life..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've heard in many lectures I've attended that it's very common for us to carry some physical characteristics across incarnations, including deadly wounds appearing later on as birthmarks, so the OP story seems perfectly plausible to me. I have one on one of my hips but never bothered to find out why it's there or if it's related to a previous incarnation.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Got to thinking about this thread some more and realized that my oldest boy also was born with a flesh colored mole above is eyebrow, 2 small brown moles on his chin line, in addition to the giant Harry nevus on the front of his thigh. Since he was a baby he has acquired additional moles, all on the right side of his body. It's the strangest presentation. I know that oriental medicine practitioners have a different theory Behring moles being external signals to specific health problems, but the hole past life trauma thing is thoroughly fascinating!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow, best thread I've read here in a while!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Certainly a believer in reincarnation. However, regarding birth marks what would not having any mean?

I seem to be of the mind that one’s irrational fears or phobias might have something to do with manner of prior deaths or trauma.

I for one have a fear of enclosed spaces and do not like the feeling of being restrained or suffocated. My wife is afraid of drowning for no apparent reason, she is a good swimmer even.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There are a number of reputable researchers who have studied many cases like this for decades. The University of Virginia has a Department devoted to such reincarnation cases. Amazon has various books, One recent one is "Born Again" by Walter Semkiw, M.D. He details many cases that were scientifically studied by the now deceased Ian Stevenson, M.D. I'd start with this, as well as the web site of Dr Semkiw: www.iisis.net.
Fascinating stuff. If more people really believed in reincarnation, maybe there would be fewer bad apple people to ruin the world for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Never heard the theory of birthmarks because a wound from a past life, I have a big red birthmark and left arm/chest. Wonder what kind of wound that could have been.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join