It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig Conspiracy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolley
not to mention the cigarette companies would find a way to stop the growth of ecigs

Nope, your wrong. Actually tobacco companies are getting into ecigs themselves, Blu ecigs are now owned by a tobacco company, other tobacco companies are currently trying to buy some current ecig companies, and others are in the midst of designing their own systems.

Originally posted by trolley
I think E-Cigs are just a new fad cuz they're allowed indoors

Nope, your wrong. Ecigs have been exploding in popularity for YEARS. Ecigs are not going anywhere.

Please, go spread your ignorance somewhere else. If you know so very little about a topic (as you obviously know nothing about ecigs) don't comment on them.

You only make yourself look incredibly foolish to people who actually know what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
$94 for a carton?! It's $25 for a carton here of all of your majormbrands...Marlboro, Camel, Newport, etc.

I have a friend, Minire, who is a nurse, and she's said that they've seen several people have strokes from using e-cigarettes in the hospital where she works...she says apparently the water vapor delivery into your lungs can cause some sort of pulmonary issues, leading to blood flow issues and eventually blood clots that travel to the brain and then WHAM! you have a stroke.

I don't really get how all that works but I'm just saying, on the word of a friend who's a nurse and told me about these things, you should definitely exercise caution if you plan on using them.

omg...omg...$25 a carton...wtf.

i dont know if any other aussies have posted it but its $135.00 a carton here. (8packs....25 per pack)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
thats expensive
well for 135 a carton you can switch to ecigs for about 5-10 dollars a carton
and go waste that 125 dollars you saved on over priced food lol

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.ecigarette-research.com... This link is to a survey conducted be a Dr Farsalinos..He has a facebook page as well. The Dr. is a SUPPORTER of Vaping and e cigs and is trying to get as much feedback as possible for this survey to help PROTECT Vaping Rights!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

$25 PER PACK? I can get a pack of Marlboros or Camels for $3 to $5, depending on what store I go to! $25 a pack...that's absolutely INSANE.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It is definitely inexpensive. But everything in the Carolinas is inexpensive, especially here in SC. We have one of the lowest costs of living in the nation, the cheapest gas in the nation, etc. We also have an awesome job market...it's nearly impossible to be unemployed here, unless by choice. I'm not saying that cigarettes being dirt cheap here is a good thing...it makes it easier to smoke, which is terrible...all I'm saying is that cartons of cigarettes that cost $100+ just blows my mind, LOL.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm in the distribution chain of a particular e-fag, i won't name it but it's black and not ciggy looking,
i've found being a fagger myself , with no effort you will smoke a hell of alot less eg I have a 10 pack lying in my
draw with 6 in it, after 12 days, this product is going to change smoking in a massive way...

The cig reps know this , the big tobacco co's know this, and are bringing something out ( rep/ head office rumour)
to change smoking in a big way, what is it? i've know clue, nor do the reps at this stage.

You want to stop smoking , vapour up it works no effort at all and after a while i believe from personal experience
you will hardly vapour after a while, and if so it'll be infrequently like just before a meeting or something a comfort kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Originally posted by jcutler12888
$94 for a carton?! It's $25 for a carton here of all of your majormbrands...Marlboro, Camel, Newport, etc.

I have a friend, Minire, who is a nurse, and she's said that they've seen several people have strokes from using e-cigarettes in the hospital where she works...she says apparently the water vapor delivery into your lungs can cause some sort of pulmonary issues, leading to blood flow issues and eventually blood clots that travel to the brain and then WHAM! you have a stroke.

I don't really get how all that works but I'm just saying, on the word of a friend who's a nurse and told me about these things, you should definitely exercise caution if you plan on using them.

omg...omg...$25 a carton...wtf.

i dont know if any other aussies have posted it but its $135.00 a carton here. (8packs....25 per pack)

Good Christ, and I thought $80 - $90 for a carton here was bad. I'm working on eliminating cigarettes from my lifestyle anyways. I'm currently using Swedish snus which is a much cheaper and healthier alternative. I've been smoking much less since I started using it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Well that seems to be misunderstood by sites, and also information online that explained it was illegal in canada. So a lot of people running the Canadian sites, were in a huge state of confusion.

However glad its not, as I'm vaping now.

Wish I'd gotten this 4 years ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It took me a few tries but it has now been 5 days since I smoked a cigarette compare that to over 25 years of smoking. E-cigs have been the only thing that has worked. I had my doubts but it really works.

I went online and spent about 120 for 5 batteries 30 filter cartridges and 6 16 mg flavor refill bottles of course it came with recharging equipment. One more week and it will have paid itself off compared to smoking.

The first two time I tried to switch failed because I went out bar hopping with friends who smoke it was to much before I caved. I found that switching to ultra lights first and switching between them for aweek worked for me before completely switching over.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The ultra lights make sense, but I have to have one type of cigarette only, all the rest yucky. Du maurier, and finally its substitute, mcdonalds. So, this is the second time, the angel one was too misty and you couldn't taste the liquid. Now I have a bud Tm, lots of flavor, and lighter on the output so its more controllable for me, and my asthma. Humididty really bothers me, but thankfully we're moving summers end back to the Okanagan area, semi desert, and then this will be really nice. A bit humidity will help. I can actually handle smoke better than humidity, but not the rest of me.

Its got ego threading and can add a bigger battery, maybe variable one.

I find for a time need 2 smokes in the morning, and mine are 16 and 18 mgs. Much later I'll wean it down to low, but, for now, locking away smokes, keeping them outside basically so you only have one infrequently, is a nice transition. Also with this, its hard to part with the money for a pack since this is so much more affordable.

I keep telling myself, don't have to quit, but in the end don't want to be vaping either in a year or two.

If I have to get a second pack of smokes, for this transition, its going to be some very light, and yucky tasting ones.

So now nice flavors, strawberry, chocolate, though I found the du maurier too. But, will try others. However, this seems to be happening to me, and would like to know if its happening to anyone else?

Having the sensation of eating strawberries all day, or chocolate, light delicate flavor, means I am rarely hungry.

Do others find themselves eating less when they vape?
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That was part of it for me. By switching to a cig I didn’t care for that much and going to ultra-lights made transitioning to e-cigs much easier. I do not think it would have worked for me otherwise.

I keep two different flavors on hand. One is coffee and the other is peach the e cigs without flavor do not work for me but these do.

If you want I can U2U you with the link to where I got mine I do not think they will allow me to post it in the thread.

edit to add

actually I am eating more but I am eating healthier. Food seems to taste better especially fruits.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well I did find a place relatively close to where I'm moving, will be taking my friend in by the ear, and show up in person. He's nice on the phone and place all my orders by phone call. The model Im using is more a preference, yet I can mix batteries and there are many kits. He has 200 flavors with the levels going from xtra strong down to none. But I still want 2 smokes in the morning, and if I get a pack, can't just have those 2 but am greatly reducing the urge to go outside now, since I don't have to, so feel that is going to be a transition while I physically adjust to this. And if I have to get one more pack in a few days, will go with an extra light.

I don't the spearmint or mint, that to me is toothpaste, the kind you get at the health food store without flouride or sls.

The flavors I got this time are nice, will add cinnamon and something like honeysuckle/peaches next, I think its called butterfly bait. Hope its not some illumaniti code for trying to catch those who want to progress....

Which is why when on the low for a while, want to just keep it nearby and go to rarely wishing to use it.

But I have only eaten infrequently when I'm finally really hungry, don't have the impulse to eat coming. Thankfully have lots of vitamins and nutrients and hemp protein powders etc etc if things get too far, and still like fruit whenever it ripens up. I may need to set a timer to remind me to eat an egg or some cheese, or some protein. Will have to play that by ear depending on how my energy keeps up.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs a day for 27 years. Got 2 ego batteries with ce4 long wick clearomizers and 30 ml of 24 mg juice for $40 and haven't smoked a stink stick since. I had to give up the cinnamon and pg juice, but now am a happy vaper on 24 mg 95% vg juice. No more cough, no more stink, no more chronic stuffy nose. Been 3 months now and that is 2 months longer than the patch, gum, or inhaler got me combined. So, I could care less if it is "hip" or "cool" or " a little more trouble" than smoking. If it means I get to live long enough to meet my grand kids, well well worth it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Uh I think the bigger conspiracy is the fact that smoking cessation products are so expensive. When I was trying to quit smoking cigarettes, I remember going into the store and seeing that a pack of Nicorette gum was like 18 dollars. I like are you kidding me? That's the real conspiracy.

P.S. Do try to quit. Life is so much better when you don't have a jonesing every 10 to 20 minutes. God I remember that time when I used to feel the need to smoke even when doing routine stuff like after eating meals or on the toilet. Crazy stuff like that. Smoking is prison. Try to get out while ya can.
edit on 20-7-2013 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by dean007

You think Phillip Morris or any one of the other Tobacco giants want to see people smoking e-cigarrettes? No more than Big Oil wants you to have a car that runs off water. Personally I hate the e-cigs because they are way harsher than a real cigarette. If you're gonna have a bad habit, do it right I say.

There are ecigs and then there are ecigs mate.

Just like there are Ladas and Lamborghinis in the car world, ecigs are no different...some are good, some are absolutely brilliant and yes, some are utterly useless piles of crap.

AVOID ANY ecig that looks like an analogue cigarette. They are the crap i mentioned...and yes, i reckon there is a conspiracy regarding ecigs.

The regulation by Europe is such a conspiracy, lobbied for by our good friends in big pharma and big tobacco and desired by the European governments shaking in their boots about the 100's of £Billions they will lose when 99.9% of tobacco smokers switch their nicotine deliver system from filth to fantastic by choosing a GOOD ecig over tobacco smoke.

I believe the 'cigarette-a-like' types of ecigs (as opposed to a proper one imo) are a part of it.

Having experienced that type personally, and coming to the conclusion they are crap in terms of both function and design, i wondered why any company who really wanted smokers to switch from cigarettes to ecigs would design a product that looks so much like a cigarette, complete with red led 'lit end'?

Think about it...if you wanted to get tobacco and addiction to cigarettes out of your system...would you want a device that looked exactly like one?!!! I would have thought continually 'seeing' a cigarette would be a very strong way of maintaining the mental link to actual cigarettes..not helpful when you're turning your back on them!

That's like trying to get a smack head to quit H, by giving him or her a spoon, candle and a small packet of brown powder!

They also have the effect of causing other members of the Public to wrongly associate vaping with smoking...they are very different things. But if it looks like a cigarette, even has a glowing red tip and produces vapour that looks like cigarette smoke, it's become 'smoking' in the public mind...and we all know smoking is very bad for us and those around us..right? You see the psychology?

The cigarette shaped ones, don't work anywhere nearly as well as the more widely used types either...battery life is pitifully low, the replacement cartomizers and atomizers are expensive and limited in their flavours and nicotine strengths and choice and the parts are not interchangeable with other devices out there...most other types of ecig can share components, like batteries, cartomizers, atomisers, juice tanks..loads of things...the cig-a-like type of ecig wont.

I think they are deliberately designed to get people to try an ecig, conclude they are useless and go right on back to their deadly and dirty tobacco..like you did mate.

If people who don't know about ecigs try a crap one first...they are very likely to think the whole thing is crap and not bother with them again.

Do some research on modern ecigs and the bewildering array of choices of ecig design, anything from basic but reliable 'eGo' types, to ecigs engineered into classical pipe smokers pipes, slim boxes, designer wood turned ecigs with a choice of wood, finish and personalization - even musical instruments! I've seen a saxophone that was actually an ecig!

As for the choices in juice it is phenomenal. Hundreds of flavours - drinks (every kind - booze too)- candies - cakes - tobaccos and brands of tobacco - savoury - fruits - nuts (and on and on), zero nicotine or nicotine strength of your choice, even juices where they deliver herbal remedies and vitamins, medicine delivery is an option too, asthma...and reported 'Gentlemen's enhancers'..if you know what i mean...huge choice. Those little cig-a-like types usually only have tobacco and menthol as their choice of flavours.

Try again?

You could do yourself a favour and search out a dedicated ecig forum..there are popular forums out there with memberships in the 100's of 1000's, LOTS of very useful and helpful information and advice is always available.

It's up to you, but why not have a read up and buy yourself a good quality ecig and device to attach to it (contains a coil that vaporizes the VG or PG ejuice)?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs a day for 27 years. Got 2 ego batteries with ce4 long wick clearomizers and 30 ml of 24 mg juice for $40 and haven't smoked a stink stick since. I had to give up the cinnamon and pg juice, but now am a happy vaper on 24 mg 95% vg juice. No more cough, no more stink, no more chronic stuffy nose. Been 3 months now and that is 2 months longer than the patch, gum, or inhaler got me combined. So, I could care less if it is "hip" or "cool" or " a little more trouble" than smoking. If it means I get to live long enough to meet my grand kids, well well worth it.

Fantastic post and equally great point of view.

It's amazing just how many of us around the world seem to share similar stories and situations.

I too smoked heavily, for over 30 years in my case, and have been off the filthy tobacco for over 2.5 years thanks to superior ecigs..same for my Mrs too.

Good luck to you...you're over the 3 month milestone..nice one!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

There is a huge difference in e-smokes. The angel one was something I hadn't wanted, but was talked into. Mind you then I was going for the ones like the real smokes, because that is what I tried. And having tried patches, and also little inhaler thingy's I didn't like the inhaler thingy, which is somewhat similar but not as good as e-smokes. It only hits the tongue, and couldn't stand it. I quit smoking 3 times, and have a severe dopamine drop and have very harsh panic attacks and can't breathe so, started 3 times. Also smoked for a little more than 30 years. So I wanted the filtered kind, was talked into the angel, that made this horrible smelling cloud go throughout the house and hang in the air, and it was faintly burnt smell, and all the different flavored liquid tasted and smelt the same, just cloying and burnt sweet.

So...it does indeed appear the kind used is important. The bud tm can share ego parts, same threading. And its very nice. So its far nicer than than inhaler thingy. I only wish I did this 4 years ago, but the government made it seem it was illegal, and so they IMO owe me direct, and I'm writing up the bill for the past 4 years, spiritual one. Again, they will answer to all of us, and I'm putting all responsibility for everything is occurring at their feet. For if not the elected servants doing the right thing, who else should it be, the bankers?

Not only is this a crime against humanity in its suppression, BUT, that thing about no longer being able to u one smoke a time at the store, is the real crime. Everyone I know who quit, started again because you had to buy a whole pack.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by dean007
meanwhile any smokers reading this should really take a close look at ecigs they work well and can save life's
this coming from a person that used to think he could never quit smoking and now can see a light at the end of the cigarette tunnel

Ditto.

I'm down to maybe 1 or 2 stinkys every 48 hours from a pack a day. I've gone from $120 to $30 a month in
expenses and I don't stink anymore. Loving my Lava tube and iTaste.

They're coming after us in California too.
CASAA
Keep on vaping.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

In calif its not really about e-cigs its about the liberal democrats nanny state and there belief they control YOU and everyone in the state and what you can and can not do.

There are so many thing that the liberal democrats trade for votes from every brain dead group in the state.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Very well written post sir.

Honestly I don't remember posting in this thread.

What you say makes alot of sense though. Only thing is, I am really tight on money since I'm disabled and all. I will have to read up and find out more info but just to ask, what would you say a starter kit would run me?

I did try the cheap one that you describe that looks like a real cig. You get a nicotine fix but its a weird one and nothing at all like smoking a real marlboro light.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join