E-Cig Conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I roll my own and at this time I pay about $0.90 per pack.
No chem added and until they tax pipe tabacco I am good to go.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just wanted to add my support for e-cigs. With the flavours I buy it's like smoking haribo, I like cherry and blackcurrant and such. You don't stink and you don't crave a real ciggie, you just have to be prepared to give it a go. It does keep you addicted to nicotine but the cravings seem much less than normal cigs when you go without it, you can start at the higher strength and over time work your way down, I would recommend to anyone.

My problem now is that I sit at my desk in work looking like Thomas the Tank Engine, puffing out plumes of vapour, choo choooooo heh.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I bought an e-cig about a month and a half ago. I mostly vape with Zero mg e-juice - which I mix myself. 50/50 Vegetable Glycerin, Propolyene Glycol, and a few of drops of food flavouring. I keep one ecig filled with an 2-4mg e-juice to stave off those cravings when I cant vape past them with the zero mg. Until I bought my e-cigs I was a 25-30 cigs a day smoker for 20 years.

Ive tried every pharma quit product under the sun to try and give up analogue cigarettes, and none of them have worked but theyve cost me alot of money - sometimes just as much as smoking itself. The best I have ever managed on pharma quit aids is about 2 weeks. This is all part of the design of pharma-quit products - they arent really meant to work, just keep you in a cycle of coming back to try a different (expensive) product.

It is a fact the govt makes a lot of money in taxes from real cigarettes. They make a hell of a lot more in taxes from the sale of cigarettes, than the money they spend on the medical costs for smokers - not to mention the money they get from Tobacco & pharma company lobbyists. Do you really think the govt has any interest in stopping ppl smoking? They are raking it in by keeping ppl addicted to tobacco. If you are a smoker, e-cigs are the ultimate anti-authoritarian F.U. to the powers that be. Does it make sense yet, why they might want to demonise e-cigs ... a product that is showing very promising results in studies - much more than traditional pharma quit aids?? A product that has the potential of helping MILLIONS to quit?

QUOTE:

In a study published online ahead of print in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, researchers found that 31 percent of respondents reported having quit smoking six months after first purchasing an electronic cigarette.

The average six-month abstinence rate for traditional nicotine replacement products, such as nicotine patches or gum, is between 12 and 18 percent.

The researchers conducted an online survey of 222 first-time purchasers of electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes, from a leading electronic cigarette distributor. Of those who were not smoking at six months, 34.3 percent reported not using electronic cigarettes or any nicotine-containing products. Almost 67 percent of respondents reported having reduced the number of cigarettes they smoked after using electronic cigarettes.

sph.bu.edu...

Almost 67% cut-down!! 31% quit altogether! Twice as much as pharma quit aids. And there are more studies coming out all the time which are showing even more promising results again - even with people totally unmotivated to quit.

Unfortunately people notice the e-cigs because they are a novelty and they see vapour being exhaled and dont understand the difference to smoke. They dont understand that the exhaled vapour is really not much different to the steam rising from a cup of coffee. Some obviously dont understand the science between combustion and evaporation, so they yell "blasphema!" and blindly support the corrupt govt moves to ban this amazing tech.

The following is a good article but it contains a couple of errors:
E-Cigs are not banned in Australia, nor are they classified as "medical devices" - it is the nicotine liquids which are banned FOR SALE only - you can buy non-nicotine eliquids (no more than food flavourings) ... and you can import 3 months nicotine supply for your personal use and mix your own juices, but you cannot sell it or give it away to friends.

And yes, they are definately trying to be hush about how successful e-cigs are as a quit tool, but at the same time the Aussie e-cig industry doesnt want them to be recognised as medical devices because then ecigs will only be available in Chemists alongside the pharma quit smoking aids, which will send the currently reasonable price thru the roof.

The Economist - No Smoke, No Fire www.economist.com...
edit on 23/3/2013 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i think we have a confirmed world wide conspiracy here
Canada has the same kind of rules but its not even a rule or a law health Canada just doesn't want people using them so they threaten them
i don't know its just crazy in Canada

i really wonder who is pushing the agenda
the no smoking organizations
doctors
cigarette companies
big pharma
really i guess them all

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
In Australia they make out the e-cigs are banned, but it's just the sale of the nicotine. And as I said, it's quite legal to import 3 months personal supply.

Occassionally customs seize some shipment of nicotine e-cigs that some idiot tries to import, but the media rarely make the distinction that the confiscation is due to the illegal importation of nicotine for sale. Same thing would happen if you tried to import analogue cigarettes illegally too, but they always focus on the e-cig. As expected the press muddy the story so people get scared and confused.

There are many Aussie online stores operating quite legally selling both the hardware and zero-nic liquids - in fact, us Aussie's got our own vaping forum too - yep, we real hip!
forums.aussievapers.com...

Personally I think it's unreasonable we cant buy nicotine e-juices from a tobacconist, at the very least - but at the same time its not that difficult to import a jar.

It's still relatively new in Oz tho - I dont know so much about the capital cities, but my husband and I are the only people I've ever seen with e-cigs in my town, however a shop attendent did mention his brother owned one too. Because people dont know about them much here, their eyes see a cigarette in my hand, and smokers will inevitably ask me for a lighter - even if Im using my blue led battery. This is a bonus actually, because then the e-cig becomes a talking point and next thing you know I'm passing on website addresses for places to buy their own.

edit on 24/3/2013 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
i really think the word does have to get out . not enough people know about them and they could really benefit from them in every way

i have been in at least 10-20 stores and asked for liquid nicotine and they all told me that its against the law and its simply not true its not against the law at all in canada but somehow everyone thinks it is its weird

and everyone doesn't know anything about them hopefully those commercials on tv help people find them because it sure seems the government doesn't want anyone to find out and quit buying there super taxed smokes

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's not illegal here either. However you need a license to sell nicotine products because it's classified as a medicine. Noone has been given that license and that's why we need to order from other EU countries.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
boy there running quite the scam governments suck

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
Do e-cigarettes cause cancer just like tobacco cigarettes?

Though testing by the FDA and other labs have discovered trace amounts of tobacco-specific nitrosamines, which are known to cause cancer with high exposure, the amounts found were extremely low and unlikely to cause cancer. To put it in perspective, an e-cigarette contains nearly the exact same trace levels of nitrosamines as the FDA-approved nicotine patch and about 1,300 times less nitrosamines than a Marlboro cigarette.

if you found ecigs harsh it is probably because of the mix they use 2 basic ingredients pg and vg
Propylene glycol Vegetable Glycerin

the higher the vg Vegetable Glycerin the lesser the chance of throat irritation

i guess a small percent of people can be allergic to pg Propylene glycol thus the uncomfortable feeling from it

a liquid with a higher percentage of VG or completely VG might help you

YES! a Fellow Vaper on ATS! ..we should take a poll a see how many of us there are.

all you points are valid with the right MOD and VG/PG mix in your Juice it should be a Flavor and throat Hitting paradise of immense nicotine dreaminess... Just sayin!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
by mixing different ratios of fluids to get the best use for the person
most people don't realize that and might quit or go back to smoking without ever finding that perfect ratio
if only they would have tried some more combinations they might have found there solution to smoking

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is the poll thread I just started to see where the ATS members Stand on the two..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/24/2013 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
so here is the reply i received from health Canada monday march 25 2013

Thank you for contacting Health Canada regarding electronic smoking products and nicotine juice. Your correspondence has been directed to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate for response. We are responsible for the management of inspection, investigation, monitoring activities and enforcement strategies related to the fabrication, packaging/labelling, testing, importation, distribution and wholesaling of regulated health products for human and veterinary use.

Health Canada has granted market authorization for a variety of nicotine containing products, such as nicotine containing gum, patches, lozenges, inhalers and buccal sprays. The market authorization process exists so that Health Canada can evaluate the evidence of safety, efficacy and quality of health products before they are sold in Canada. In the absence of such evidence, Health Canada cannot grant market authorization for the sale of health products. To date, Health Canada has not granted market authorization for any electronic smoking products. An electronic smoking product delivering nicotine is regulated as a drug under the Food and Drugs Act and its Regulations.

Health Canada continues to advise Canadians not to purchase or use electronic smoking products, as these products may pose health risks and have not been evaluated for safety, quality and efficacy.

Health Canada posted a Public Advisory and a Notice to Stakeholders regarding electronic smoking products available at the following website links:

Public Advisory:
www.healthycanadians.gc.ca...

Notice to Stakeholders:
www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

Regards,

Drug Compliance Verification and Investigation Unit / Unité de vérification de la conformité et d'enquêtes sur les médicaments
Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate / Inspectorat de la Direction générale des produits de santé et des aliments
Health Canada / Santé Canada
250 Lanark Avenue, (A.L.2003B), Ottawa, ON, K1A 0K9

thats there progress over 6 years

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Kinda obvious they dont want to test them.

And with no test results there is no obligation to legalize or offer them as a healthy alternative.
Just shows how money rules over everything and how big business rules the governments.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i wonder how many smokers have passed away in the last 6 years that could have been helped by ecigs
unbelievable maybe in another 6 years they might find the time to run a test
i mean there already selling it in gum, inhalers ,lozenges

but its so much worse in a ecig there full of sh@t
its leaking down there legs

all they care about is keeping the tax money coming and keeping their tobacco buddies wealthy so they have someone to play golf with on saturdays

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital
Just wanted to add my support for e-cigs. With the flavours I buy it's like smoking haribo, I like cherry and blackcurrant and such. You don't stink and you don't crave a real ciggie, you just have to be prepared to give it a go. It does keep you addicted to nicotine but the cravings seem much less than normal cigs when you go without it, you can start at the higher strength and over time work your way down, I would recommend to anyone.

My problem now is that I sit at my desk in work looking like Thomas the Tank Engine, puffing out plumes of vapour, choo choooooo heh.

ha I'm a vapeaholic as well..My living room has a permanent Choc-mint vibe happining!
..This is most DEF a conspiracy against us Vapers if only because they cant figure out how to regulate something ie. (nic juice) you can make your self @ home..minus the Battery and clearomizers..I think they just have NO way of doing it soooooo make them illegal! Its the answer they ALWAYS have..

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

i wonder how many smokers have passed away in the last 6 years that could have been helped by ecigs
unbelievable maybe in another 6 years they might find the time to run a test
i mean there already selling it in gum, inhalers ,lozenges

but its so much worse in a ecig there full of sh@t
its leaking down there legs

all they care about is keeping the tax money coming and keeping their tobacco buddies wealthy so they have someone to play golf with on saturdays

How many vapers go back to smoking if they get their way?!
Fumes my BLOOD! We create our own fix for the mess that THEY started with Ciggs and they STEP in to stop our Cure! uuugggghhh

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's actually pretty cheap and easy to make a cigarette vaporizer, to extend your supply of oil you can add vegetable oil, effectively doubling whatever you have and it won't clog the atomizer too much.

I have no idea if nicotine oil is legal to make at home....

oh and people honestly, vaporizers are old news, just because it was used for pot doesn'[t mean it can be tinkered with to use tobacco. It's not your fault that you didn't discover this or the fact that you don't have to smoke plant matter or anything that burns.

Should've hung around that neighborhood smokeshop a little more.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i don't think vaporizers are old news maybe where you live but in Canada it hasn't even started yet

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

i don't think vaporizers are old news maybe where you live but in Canada it hasn't even started yet

Ask any alt smoke advocate in your area, they'll tell you vaporizers have been around for a very long time just hidden from public eye and scrutiny.

For decades alt smokers have known that trichomes 'burn' at a lower temperature than the combustible plant materials. Actually in the states they used to sell small vaporizers in gas stations until a decade ago when they replaced them with multi hundred dollar units such as the volcano vape and forced them into specialty stores.

The silliest part is that vaporizers were first made for tobacco use but I'm sure the big tobacco companies then realized they should add a lot of additives so people can't side step the dangers of smoking. Sad but probably more true than it seems.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i don't get you point who cares when they were invented
talking about pot will get this thread shut down
and i think there first appearance was in a cheech and chong movie from the early 80"s

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join