E-Cig Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Double post! Sorry
edit on 3/19/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
The reason nicotine liquid is banned is that one drop on the tongue could kill you. Its poison. Nicotinic acid is the reason for bees dying out. Its all garbage. I have a book of medicinal herbs. Tobacco is the only plant in the entire book that says it should not be taken in any form. And there are some toxic plants in this book.

Lies, sorry, but your just full of it.

The liquid used with ecigs is not pure nicotine. You cannot buy pure nicotine anywhere. The stuff used in ecigs is usually under 24mg per mL, you could eat drop after drop after drop and it won't kill you, I've gotten tons of juice in my mouth over my time vaping, never had an issue.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less about what your little book says. this isn't tobacco in ecigs, it's nicotine,which also exists in other plants.

I wish people would just shut up about ecigs unless they have at least a little bit of real information to go on. this thread is just sad.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.smokersutopia.com...

The above link lays out what the real deal is
pretty well.

All about the money...

"To put it in plain English, they are messing up their advisory committee’s paydays. Yes, you read that correctly. The majority of the members that have the final say on e cigarettes get paid big bucks to speak at Pharmaceutical company events, are professors at major universities that are funded by companies like GlaxoSmithKline, Abbott Laboratories, Merck & Co. and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
UPDATE: GlaxoSmithKline just had court, they are now a company with felony charges for bribing their way to the top, they got caught and basically the same government that took the bribes accepted a payoff to the tune of 3 Billion Dollars! But there is more down the page, but just wanted to show the naysayers that denial is not a river in Egypt before they start talking about conspiracy theories when I deal in conspiracy facts. They had almost 50 k “doctors” doing their bidding, as I expose later on.
Each of these companies has a major stake in the smoking cessation market to the tune of 2.3 billion dollars per year in the United States each year. This does not cover international markets that are growing each year by leaps and bounds. That is a lot of potential revenue losses. We tell you further below how that is really chump change to what they really stand to lose if e cigarettes remain on the market." Quote from link above

Phillip morris is also a big player in the game. It is an interesting read on the ecig conspiracy.
edit on 19-3-2013 by planefixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Now all they have to do is invent an e-cigarette to help us lose our appetites.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The reason why is because they can not regulate the nicotine levels in the juice. At least that's what I've heard. I order all my juice online. There was a lady in my town who opened up an e-cig store (just a little shop) and she was busted quickly, because she was making the juices and the nicotine wasn't regulated or tested by anyone other than her.

In other words, she could have mixed a 99% nicotine level in someone's juice, killing them.

I hope it's legalized and regulated soon though

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
E-cigs are safer, me and my daughter switched on to them, she completely, I for the most part (from rolling only up to 5 cigs a day). The thing is they come in many flavors, so if a former heavy smoker wants to try them, they should go for a plain tobacco taste with higher nicotine content. There are fillers with no nicotine at all too.
You don't get the tar. Period.
Most people puff, inhale a little on vape.
Sometimes you have to wash the parts of your appliance and keep it charged and full.

The reason for regulatory troubles will go away, if we sign enough petitions. In the EU, they want to regulate it under pharmaceutical materials which is nonsense, nicotine has only a slight use in Vitamin B complexes in an altered form. It should be regulated as a new form of recreational drug mostly containing nicotine which is far more measurable than in regular cigarettes.
If professional jealousy plays a part at all, it could be because the pharmaceuticals developed all these patches for recovering cigarette addicts. That business is shot if you change to a mild liquid e-cigarette.
As for second-hand smoke: I would not regulate them under the same provisions as plain smoking since by far the most dangerous for lung cancer and stunting development is tar, which e-cigs do not make. However, no doubt there is a minute amount of nicotine dispersed in the atmosphere.

May I point out that my best friend is allergic to cigarette smoke and pipes, so every time someone smokes he has to blast the windows open. When I smoked some puffs of an ecig, he did not go into allergy, and he did not insist on opening the windows... Still, if you sit for eight hours at the comp and vape all the way through, you might want to air the room before a child comes in to study.

Tars carry heavy metals, and in this age of Fukushima, tobacco can be more radioactive than most house plants. Also, near cities mercury and lead. All this is not included in e-cig materials. Something to think about.

Plus, most people who switch from commercial cigs and not, say, rolled American Spirit, would smoke stuff laced with materials added for enhancing flavor (like Marlbxrxs) as well as materials for even burning, including glycerine which is safe vaporised but it decomposes to carbon monoxide and a host of other materials when burned straight... A big difference in my opinion.

I started with Arrakis, a sweet tobacco-like substance tasting very much like simple Virginia tobacco cured with a lot of light honey.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Or you could just decide in your mind you'll give up entirely and not worry about e-cigs.

It's all about will power. Not Will Power, but willpower. Do you have enough?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Oh yeah dude. The tobacco companies have been doing everything they can to knock ecigs. Chantix is behind a lot of the trouble and they have their scientists say negative things about them.

It's big tobacco and big pharma against them. I know a guy that makes his own flavors and mixtures. It's just nicotine vegetable glycerine or propyl glycerine (i think that second one is right) mixed with flavors. It likely has some problems, but it's way better for you than smoking. I have one somewhere but I have misplaced it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a good place for more information if people are curious is electronic cigarette forum ecf.com
theres tons of helpful suggestions and advise

www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

casaa.org... sign up here so they can put you on there mailing list let our numbers be heard

i guess the FDA is having some meeting about ecigs in the middle of April lets not let them take them away
without a fight at least a signature lol

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by dean007

I've tried...I really have.

You have to buy this liquid and make sure the batteries are charged. Then, depending on your model, buy new atomizers from time to time.

It was to much of a hassle when I can just pull out of cigarette and light it with a Bic lighter that lasts me months.

It was novel and cool at first, but it became a chore.

It also hurt my throat/lungs more than my usual cigarettes.

ETA: I've bought an expensive model online with all the "goodies" (USB charger ect) and I've also tried two brands of semi-disposable ones.

Smoking or "vaping" becomes this ordeal involving batteries, liquids, atomizers and charging cords. I'd honestly rather chew some cinnamon nicorette.

And YES, the batteries do last a whille...but I'd rather not even have to worry about such things. Just give me my nicotine. Just get it into me with no muss, no fuss.
edit on 19-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

ding-ding!!

This was exactly the point I quit with them, even if i had one of those custom made things with a strong battery. (Forget the name this thing was called).

I had to direct order all my atomizers from China...and I went through them very fast, they always burnt out very quick. Then the charging of the batteries and the vaporizers at some point becoming "weak", not being able to draw as much "smoke" anymore to get a satisfied "feeling" from the vape.

This was two years ago, I loved/liked the principle behind it but had the impression the tech needed improvement. Maybe newer atomizers and systems are better now.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by dean007

LOL, it's not two names. She's Albanian...her name is Minire, I call her Mimi for short. Minire pronounced with an Albanian accent by a Southern girl like me sounds too funny so I just don't say it out loud, LOL.

Listen, I'm not a doctor or a nurse...I don't have scientific proof that they're good or bad, I was just passing on what my friend told me. I'm not saying don't try e-cigarettes, I'm just saying that they personally scare the crap out of me after what she said. And she didn't give me some scientific proof of what she was saying because it was just two girlfriends chatting on the phone. I'm sorry I don't have more to offer you. I think that they sound like a great idea since smoking is so terrible for you...that stroke bit that she told me about just kinda freaked me out.

Please, I don't wanna fight or argue. I apologize for not having source material and just posting on the word of a friend...I'm really sorry.
edit on 3/19/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

I was really contemplating to start with e-cigs again, but your post made me think now.

My wife, by the way, always has latent anxiety symptoms, panic attacks and similar...and when we started e-cigging she became really weird and swears that her symptoms were worsened because of the e-cigs.

I cannot discount what you (and your nurse friend) say (although I am not a doctor)....but one thing I know is that e-cigs can deliver nicotine quicker into the system - PLUS it is likely that heavy smokers tend to "oversmoke" them to get satisfaction from them, which COULD lead to faster and higher nicotine intake...and thus increased risk for heart problems.

So..I cannot disregard there IS some increased risk for heart diseases somehow associated with e-cigs, just saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I find that interesting especially with the huge amount of people that are trying to get a class action suit against chantix , including my former sister n law.......

The drugs that they put out there to help you stop smoking are more dangerous then the cigs themselves......

I know.....I watched a brother whose only addiction was smokes (he didnt even drink), had no history or family history of mental illness......and had a really great life.........shoot himself one morning out of the blue.......

Chantix was messing with his head and his dreams, i witnessed him on a few occasions where i had to talk to him and remind him that he wasnt in a dream.......

The eggs were still cooking on the stove from the breakfast he was making for the kids and clothes in the wash, when the shot rang out in the back yard.......

its a bit hard for me to talk about sometimes.........

But i advise everyone to stay off that stuff........and to mind what you put as far as perscriptions in your body.....

as far as ecigs I use a silver bullet with a rebuildable gensis atomizer and whatever juice i choose......been smoke and dip free for over a year and a half......

i wish i would have found them earlier, maybe i could have saved him too......

These debates with these things have been going on for a while......and like other posters have said......its all about money and control.....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by dean007

Now all they have to do is invent an e-cigarette to help us lose our appetites.

There's already one in the works! www.nutri-cig.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

$94 for a carton?! It's $25 for a carton here of all of your majormbrands...Marlboro, Camel, Newport, etc.

$25 for a carton and you live in the Carolinas???

Look, I don't smoke but I was in the local grocery last night, in Maryland, and I noticed all the cigarettes were around $7 - $8 per pack. I don't know what that equates to for a whole carton but $25 a carton seems very inexpensive.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I seriously know next to nothing about e-cigarettes...I smoked when I was a rebellious teenager but I only smoked Djarum Black clove and tea cigarettes (which I loved and am still heartbroken are now not sold in America
). One of my friends tried e-cigarettes over a year ago and his foray into e-cigarettes prompted the conversation between Mimi and I because I was curious if inhaling water vapor was safe, which led to her giving me the severly limited knowledge I have about e-cigarettes. I don't smoke now and I don't plan on picking it up again (unless they start bringing Djarum Black clove and tea cigarettes back into the US
ugh!).

I have anxiety disorder and I swear, if I tried an e-cigarette and it intensified my anxiety, I'd throw them out in a heartbeat. I also have congenital heart issues so I don't wanna ever mess with anything that could possibly worsen my heart condition.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by dean007

I've tried...I really have.

You have to buy this liquid and make sure the batteries are charged. Then, depending on your model, buy new atomizers from time to time.

It was to much of a hassle when I can just pull out of cigarette and light it with a Bic lighter that lasts me months.

It was novel and cool at first, but it became a chore.

It also hurt my throat/lungs more than my usual cigarettes.

ETA: I've bought an expensive model online with all the "goodies" (USB charger ect) and I've also tried two brands of semi-disposable ones.

Smoking or "vaping" becomes this ordeal involving batteries, liquids, atomizers and charging cords. I'd honestly rather chew some cinnamon nicorette.

And YES, the batteries do last a whille...but I'd rather not even have to worry about such things. Just give me my nicotine. Just get it into me with no muss, no fuss.
edit on 19-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

ding-ding!!

This was exactly the point I quit with them, even if i had one of those custom made things with a strong battery. (Forget the name this thing was called).

I had to direct order all my atomizers from China...and I went through them very fast, they always burnt out very quick. Then the charging of the batteries and the vaporizers at some point becoming "weak", not being able to draw as much "smoke" anymore to get a satisfied "feeling" from the vape.

This was two years ago, I loved/liked the principle behind it but had the impression the tech needed improvement. Maybe newer atomizers and systems are better now.

My thoughts exactly!

The new semi-disposable ones that drug stores and gas stations carry are actually fairly good quality. The custom ones like you mention seem to have a cult-like following.

It's not "cool" anymore, the hipsters can go away now because even Walgreen's sells kits.

I'm a lazy person, and would rather chew some gum or stick a patch than worry about my cartridges drying out and my batteries being charged.

Better yet, I'll just go have a real cigarette outside.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yea i'm at the point were it's time to stop smoking i have been smoking for like twenty years and a pack a day it's enough already, i have a older friend who smokes like two and a half packs a day and his lungs are fine but most people are not that luckey.....

I tried E-Cigs both blue smoke and green smoke (prefer green smoke because it hits stronger) but went back on normal smokes because i was dumb E-Cigs worked for about two to three months then i got around someone who was smoking real cigs and gave in but i'm going to try E-Cigs again...

I was wondering about this topic for awhile if E-Cigs did any harm good thread....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Its not the nicotine that's harmful, it just has the addictive qualities. Its tar that's harmful, and the carcinogens released while its smoking.

You should only smoke when you're on fire!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite....or at least with me and my friends it is...

I can't even feel PG when I hit it...With VG I know it's hitting my throat and that makes it feel more like a cigarette.

I was a smoker for 10 years, smoking a pack a day...Now I smoke 1 cigarette a day.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by Oannes
The reason nicotine liquid is banned is that one drop on the tongue could kill you. Its poison. Nicotinic acid is the reason for bees dying out. Its all garbage. I have a book of medicinal herbs. Tobacco is the only plant in the entire book that says it should not be taken in any form. And there are some toxic plants in this book.

Lies, sorry, but your just full of it.

The liquid used with ecigs is not pure nicotine. You cannot buy pure nicotine anywhere. The stuff used in ecigs is usually under 24mg per mL, you could eat drop after drop after drop and it won't kill you, I've gotten tons of juice in my mouth over my time vaping, never had an issue.

True that. I just had an incident with my tank. Mouthfull of juice. Discusting even thought it is apple. I'm not dead thought.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join