It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I love my e-cigarette!. After smoking for 26 years it has given me hope that I can finally quit for good! The very fact that I am not stinking out my family with cigarette smoke has made me feel better.I don't cough any more. It's like a huge weight has been lifted from me.I have tried so many nicotine replacements and none of them have worked and they are expensive as well.
I totally agree...there is a conspiracy against e-cigarettes.While I know that it would be better to not be addicted to nicotine from what I can gather its the actual process of smoking...burning it that causes cancers, I can't find any good hard evidence that vaping nicotine is dangerous enough to be banned....they just can't tax and we all know everything boils down to money.
Anyway I feel so much better using and that's what counts to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by dean007

You think Phillip Morris or any one of the other Tobacco giants want to see people smoking e-cigarrettes? No more than Big Oil wants you to have a car that runs off water.

Actually it is Not the cigarette companies that are against the E-cig. They are gearing up to offer their own e-cig. It is the pharmaceutical industry that wants e-cigs gone. Why?

E-cigs operate just like medical inhalers but are more effective because you can adjust your nicotine intake. Big Pharma and the doctors they use don't like this. Big Pharma also has a multi Billion world wide dollar a year quit smoking industry filled with medical inhalers, patches, nicotine gum etc - and e-cigs have been shown to be more effective at helping someone quit smoking - they hate this. They cannot regulate the e-cig as a device they can sell and monopolize so they fight against it working closely with Governments to make the e-cig e-liquids illegal.

This info is all over the popular e-cig forums lioke e-cigarette-forum.com and Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association casaa.org

I have quit smoking after 22 years and I tried everything. The E-cig saved my life there is no doubt. I love using this cool high tech device to get my nicotine in a manner that I know won't kill me nor is addictive in a manner that won't cause me to freak out if I go for long periods of time without the e-cig.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I smoked for maybe 15 years and my two children were always on my case about it.
I tried to quit but didnt succeed.

Then i bought an e-cig joy 510 i think it was and after about 6 months i was able to stop.
I haven't had a smoke now for about 3 years.

I still miss holding a cigarette or an e-cig when im out being social feels awkward not keeping my hands busy.

But since i quit iv become fat and unhealthy lol..........shoulda just kept smoking.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The reason nicotine liquid is banned is that one drop on the tongue could kill you. Its poison. Nicotinic acid is the reason for bees dying out. Its all garbage. I have a book of medicinal herbs. Tobacco is the only plant in the entire book that says it should not be taken in any form. And there are some toxic plants in this book.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

I live in Eastern Ontario and you can get E-Vaporizers to help quit smoking at McEwens. It's not this brand but same concept.

E-Cig
edit on 19-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I tried E-cigarettes for a few months and they really do work I have to say.

There are many different kinds of liquids you can purchase, with varying amounts of nicotine. I think the harshness and amount of smoke produced is based on the mix of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin contained in your specific juice. Some are harsher, some produce more smoke etc...

I'm in Canada and was able to buy juice with nicotine from the web (Canadian suppliers too) but I guess that was before they banned nicotine.

What I find strange, is that Nicorette are able to sell their new QuickMist product, which is an oral spray containing nicotine lol... Sure, you don't inhale as much of it, most of the spray probably combines with your saliva which you then swallow versus the e-cig which is directly inhaled in the lungs but, to me, seem really alike.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I work at a vape shop and I hear rumors all the time about FDA bans, or taxation and all kinds of things. The best thing for ecig users to do is to go to that whitehouse petition site and sign the petition to keep ecigs and eliquid legal. I hear success stories every day! Ecigs really are saving lives!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

No, no, no, no and some more no.

One drop of the nicotine solution on your tongue could not kill you, please try again.

The LD50 is somewhere between 30 and 60mg so yeah, no.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
The reason nicotine liquid is banned is that one drop on the tongue could kill you.

Too much nicotine could lead to poisoning but it would take about 120mg, equivalent to about 80 cigarettes, to kill a pack/day smoker. One drop will not kill you, as it is only 1/20mL or about 1 cigarette.

Furthermore, a study published last September found that e-cigarette vapor was harmless to users and bystanders. ecigarettereviewed.com...

That said, I feel like most governments want their share of profits from ecigarettes, while big tobacco realizes their threat and wants to join in on production. Pharmaceutical companies are the ones trying to ban them, realizing ecigarettes work better than their prescription smoking cessation products.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
people who've tried e-cigs nearly all have nothing but good things to say. Health studies have noting but good things to say (ie a near complete absence of negative effects)

the only people who seem to be against e-cigs are non-smokers(it glamorises smoking, lol) and the pharma industry

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If this doesn't make the medical pharma world
transparent as to how they really feel about you
and your health, I don't know what would.

A much safer E-cig squashed for a smoking
cessation pill that could make one suicidal?

They don't give a flying F about your health.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

I've tried...I really have.

You have to buy this liquid and make sure the batteries are charged. Then, depending on your model, buy new atomizers from time to time.

It was to much of a hassle when I can just pull out of cigarette and light it with a Bic lighter that lasts me months.

It was novel and cool at first, but it became a chore.

It also hurt my throat/lungs more than my usual cigarettes.

ETA: I've bought an expensive model online with all the "goodies" (USB charger ect) and I've also tried two brands of semi-disposable ones.

Smoking or "vaping" becomes this ordeal involving batteries, liquids, atomizers and charging cords. I'd honestly rather chew some cinnamon nicorette.

And YES, the batteries do last a whille...but I'd rather not even have to worry about such things. Just give me my nicotine. Just get it into me with no muss, no fuss.
edit on 19-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

I've never smoked a cigarette once in my life. However, I am all for e-cigs. But that is because I am all for personal choice. I believe you have the right to put whatever you want into your body and it relies on you discovering the effects of those substances either through research or personal experience. That being said I think that e-cigs are a great thing and can help many smokers reduce their habits. I've seen some of my friends use em and besides a small puff of vapor coming out of their mouths and them physically holding the e-cig, I don't notice it at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I used to smoke almost a pack a day

I used the patch(Target house brand is like 15 bucks for 2 weeks)

and when my cravings were too much, a hit off a run of the mill e-cig did the job just fine...havent gone back in over 2 years

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
nice to hear its helping people again its not for everyone but i think for allot of people have goood reason to try

-doesnt smell
- no second hand smoke
-cheaper
-not health damaging

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

She said they've been fairly young...one woman in particular was in her thirties. Honestly, I do not claim to know anything about e-cigarettes except what I heard from Mimi and it was just enough to freak me out and make me terribly worried for anyone I know who has tried them or regularly smokes them. I can't even begin to explain the biological explanation she gave me because it was so complicated. I can ask her again, though...see if she can't explain it to me again so maybe I can post it here. And ask her about those patients and if they were heavy smokers before they tried e-cigarettes.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

She said four in a year. I had never even heard of e-cigarettes before she told me about them. She's a smoker (real cigarettes) and she said that after she saw from e-cigarette users stroking out that she'd never try them. She didn't say they died, she said they had strokes and that they were disabled by them to varying degrees...one woman in her thirties was completely disabled from her stroke. It was really sad to hear about...and also pretty frightening.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying e-cigarettes or anything...I've just heard scary stuff about them. Honestly, my nurse friend Mimi could be mistaken...but I have no way of knowing whether she is or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
that nurse friend has 2 different names
if you cant get her name right should we trust her death sentence talk
weird how there is no scientific proof of what your many named nurse friend knows as common knowledge

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Wow...$80-95 for twenty years? How is anyone still a smoker up there??

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

LOL, it's not two names. She's Albanian...her name is Minire, I call her Mimi for short. Minire pronounced with an Albanian accent by a Southern girl like me sounds too funny so I just don't say it out loud, LOL.

Listen, I'm not a doctor or a nurse...I don't have scientific proof that they're good or bad, I was just passing on what my friend told me. I'm not saying don't try e-cigarettes, I'm just saying that they personally scare the crap out of me after what she said. And she didn't give me some scientific proof of what she was saying because it was just two girlfriends chatting on the phone. I'm sorry I don't have more to offer you. I think that they sound like a great idea since smoking is so terrible for you...that stroke bit that she told me about just kinda freaked me out.

Please, I don't wanna fight or argue. I apologize for not having source material and just posting on the word of a friend...I'm really sorry.
edit on 3/19/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join