It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i believe there is a world wide e- cigarette conspiracy

i am a 25 years pack and a half a day smoker in Canada
i recently tried a ecigarette a e cigarette is an electronic device that heats water vapor and nicotine
and can quite effectively deliver nicotine i would guess that for most people it would be a 90 percent
cigarette replacement
i have only been at it for a couple weeks but i have been able to reduce my cigarette smoking by 2/3
i am amazed
in Canada liquid nicotine is banned i have no idea why

there have been tests done and they have found that using e cigarettes are about 97 percent less harmful than smoking regular cigarettes that's a fairly significant amount

yet they are still banned in Canada one of the reasons being they don't know how to tax it

the thing is it isn't harmful so it shouldn't carry sin taxes

right now you can get 10 milliliters which is the equivalent to about a carton of cigarets for approx 10 dollars
and a carton of regular smokes will cost you about 94 dollars

they came out with high cigarette taxes saying the increased cost would make people quit smoking and that smoking was so harmful
so whats there excuse for banning ecigs
i think they are protecting there cash cow and they don't care about peoples health at all
they are trying to pass more laws to protect there corporate interests and profit margins smokers in Canada basically pay for everyone's healthcare through cigarette taxation
there is a non profit organization that could use your help to get the truth out called CASAA

so far ecigs have changed allot for me and i think the word needs to get out

Are e-cigarettes safe?

While anything containing nicotine cannot be called 100% safe, evidence from numerous studies strongly suggests that they are magnitudes safer than tobacco cigarettes. Harm reduction experts can point to research supporting that switching from cigarettes to a smokefree product will reduce health risks to less than 1% of smoking traditional cigarettes - nearly the same as non-smokers. For tobacco harm reduction health professionals, it is misleading and irresponsible for public health officials to tell smokers that smokeless products, such as e-cigarettes, are "not a safe alternative to smoking" simply because they are "only" 99% safer and not 100% safe

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
meanwhile any smokers reading this should really take a close look at ecigs they work well and can save life's
this coming from a person that used to think he could never quit smoking and now can see a light at the end of the cigarette tunnel

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

It has never been about safety or education.
It has always been about power over you and getting your cash.

(Edit)
That said, I am a smoker and have been almost all of my life.
I tried the ecig thing and was not very impressed as it leaves a sickly sweet flavor on the lips from the vapor.
I'll just stick to rolling my own additive free natural tobacco smokes.
edit on 19-3-2013 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

You think Phillip Morris or any one of the other Tobacco giants want to see people smoking e-cigarrettes? No more than Big Oil wants you to have a car that runs off water. Personally I hate the e-cigs because they are way harsher than a real cigarette. If you're gonna have a bad habit, do it right I say.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I've used one for ages. Amazing things.

They get banned because the governments cant do without the tax revenue from real ciggys.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do e-cigarettes cause cancer just like tobacco cigarettes?

Though testing by the FDA and other labs have discovered trace amounts of tobacco-specific nitrosamines, which are known to cause cancer with high exposure, the amounts found were extremely low and unlikely to cause cancer. To put it in perspective, an e-cigarette contains nearly the exact same trace levels of nitrosamines as the FDA-approved nicotine patch and about 1,300 times less nitrosamines than a Marlboro cigarette.

if you found ecigs harsh it is probably because of the mix they use 2 basic ingredients pg and vg
Propylene glycol Vegetable Glycerin

the higher the vg Vegetable Glycerin the lesser the chance of throat irritation

i guess a small percent of people can be allergic to pg Propylene glycol thus the uncomfortable feeling from it

a liquid with a higher percentage of VG or completely VG might help you

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
sprocketuk how come you quit vaping just didn't need it anymore or did you go back to smokes

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious. They want to tax it. Here they even stooped so low that they pulled out the "think of the children" card. They haven't been able to ban it yet thought. You're not allwed to sell nicotine here but you are allowed to buy it from other places within EU.
Yours, approaching 2 years of vaping former chainsmoker of 24 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

I have been using e cigs for about 6 or 7 months and I have not smoked a cigarette since, but I wad on the verge of quitting all together when I started,.and I barely even use this thing anymore. I live in cook county (crook county)sarcasm but it was also the increased taxes on it that made me quit , my own little chicago tobacco party so to speak, cook county will not be getting anymore tax dollars from me smoking.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's the rub,since these are safe, they can't sin tax them like real cigs.
I've used them off and on. I don't advise the disposable e cigs,just horrible,get a decent rechargeable.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
E-Cigs have been an absolute godsend to me.

I used to smoke a good twenty a day for about 15 years and wished I had never started. For the last few years I would wake up pretty much every morning having a good old cough, I would have constant phlegm throughout the winter etc etc. Having become slightly bored of this I decided to give up. I tried everything from patches to inhalators, gum (anything that was recommended basically). Not one of them worked, and I could only manage about three weeks at a time.

I then saw that my local supermarket had started selling E-Cigs at the cigarette counter so I thought why not, I'll give them a try. As a previous poster has put at first they are pretty harsh on the throat but after a week you are used to it and you still have the action of smoking so it's like you haven't given up. I "smoked" one of those for three months and gradually cut down the amount I used it. Then one day just gave it up, as I had only used it for three months I hadn't built up the mental dependency on it that I had with cigarettes and as such was able to just drop it with ease.

6 months later, not even one slip up.. no more coughing in the mornings and also safe in the knowledge that if I ever was to have a slip, I would be able to get the nicotine hit with an E-Cig and none of the nasty bits that are in normal cigarettes!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My girlfriend bought an e-cig to help her (read: us) quit. We both agree that they just increase your desire for a real cigarette. They're better than nothing though, that's for sure. Personally the cold vapor and chemical taste reminds me of a certain crystal substance and makes me want to vomit, so I have a tough time with it. As for a conspiracy, I don't see it. I don't see e-cigs replacing traditional tobacco products.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
$94 for a carton?! It's $25 for a carton here of all of your majormbrands...Marlboro, Camel, Newport, etc.

I have a friend, Minire, who is a nurse, and she's said that they've seen several people have strokes from using e-cigarettes in the hospital where she works...she says apparently the water vapor delivery into your lungs can cause some sort of pulmonary issues, leading to blood flow issues and eventually blood clots that travel to the brain and then WHAM! you have a stroke.

I don't really get how all that works but I'm just saying, on the word of a friend who's a nurse and told me about these things, you should definitely exercise caution if you plan on using them.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I have a friend, Minire, who is a nurse, and she's said that they've seen several people have strokes from using e-cigarettes in the hospital where she works...she says apparently the water vapor delivery into your lungs can cause some sort of pulmonary issues

I haven't heard anything about that. I would like to know more about the patients, most likely heavy smokers before switching to e cigs, so I'm guessing the e cigs were not likely the cause, possible but not likely.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
your best bet is to get the ego series of ecigs there fairly cheap well made and work way better than the cigarette look a likes the look alike type really do suck

if it made you crave smokes more the nicotine might not have been high enough

you can also get straight nicotine that has no taste whatsoever so no sweet or chemical tastes

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i have never heard of someone stroking out from them no one

how many people did she see come in and die from smoking in that timeframe

it isn't a perfect solution but it is many magnitudes better than smoking in every possible way

i don't think you can smoke enough of it to get that much water in you lungs a person usually inhales about 3 ml a day that just isn't much fluid your throat absorbs most of it 3ml is like one spit-full of fluid

are you sure your nurse friend isn't mistaken

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Canada isn't the deep south were are the kings of taxation
cigs have been in the 80 - 95 dollars a carton range for at least 5 plus years they havent been 25 dollars a carton since 1992

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I used to vape about 2 years ago, I had one of those custom made vaporizers and plenty of liquids.
Your post now makes me eager to look into e-cigs again.

E-cigs do NOT cause harmful health effects since the toxic substances are produced from the burning - a e-cig doesn't burn anything and is therefore not producing any of the carcinogens or toxic substances like a normal cigarette.

There is also nothing indicating any harmful effects from the liquids and their contents.

Recent studies from 2012 have not found any negative health effects, there is also no "passive vape" produced which could be "harmful" for others.

Yes, I do indeed think it's a big conspiracy and actually a real scandal how e-cigs are banned in some countries, its VERY obvious what's going on.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i just want to mention that organization again they are non profit and just trying to get the truth and some facts out CASAA
they are non profit and could benefit from more people joining the effort casaa.org...

the government is trying to shut ecigs down for there corporate buddies

enough smokers have died for this cause allready do more really need to when there is a healthier alternative

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

My bad. Still vape. I use one of the e cigars.
Still have a smoke now and then, but mainly the e version works so well I rarely miss it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join