It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's a he said, she said argument for now. Believe me, the powers that are in the region DO know who launched this weapon.

Target acquisition radar anyone?

But I also guarantee you, that if it was the NATO backed militias…they’ll deny everything.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And nobody saw this coming,,

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'd like to see the source on that one.

I am assuming you are asking about this statement of mine:

USA were a major part of the operation including but not limited to dropping propaganda pamphlets and blasting propaganda via loud speaker as they fly by,

NATO Propaganda Leaflets Found in Tripoli

There are plenty of other sources on the leaflets that include more pictures.

Regrettably I am unable to find a source for the audio propaganda spread by loud speaker on low flying planes but there were several reports of this during the conflict that I saw with my own eyes, including from some MSM outlets. I will search more and update if I find more sources.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can someone remind who said, and what the actual quote is that says something like...

"He who tells his side first has left the other the burden of proof." If that saying somehow hasn't been said, I claim first dibs.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"Terrorists fired a rocket containing chemical substances"
"Syrian rebels fire rockets containing chemical substances in Aleppo province"

People like to fill in the blanks. It's how the human mind works. Pretty much every rocket made in the last 800 years contained chemical substances. I'm drinking a coffee... chemical substances. See if you can find a news report that names the chemical substances, or actually mentions a toxic compound such as mustard gas or Sarin.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
By the looks of it, it seems that there might end up being a media blackout to the use of chemicals weapons.

Just my opinion, but the White House denying claims of its use stinks to high heaven.

I dont think the West wants the war to escalate beyond their control (if you can call it that) and other world powers do not want to be dragged into a scenario where they are forced to respond strongly.

unfortunately it may happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
democracy does not pass through weapons of Arab monarchies and NATO encouragement or any other foreign force. if so, we should think about the tragedy of Syria once more !

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

"I saw mostly women and children. They (witnesses) said that people were suffocating in the streets and the air smelt strongly of chlorine," he said adding that "people were dying in the streets and in their houses."

chlorine ! maybe this is why the number of victims is less than 100.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just to clarify something people are confusing two different events.

Earlier in the year it came out that there was a chemical attack by Assad on the rebels, this happened during a victory for FSA in Aleppo area and it also happened during the time when the video of the rabbits were made.

Now this newest attack seems to be legit and 26 people are reported dead, 10 on the scene, 16 I believe died in the hospital?

Now this is rather nasty. The attack that was supposedly documented previously was not legit, it appeared to be psychological warfare tactic of disinformation to spread fear, etc etc...

But this newest attack...

This could lead to horrible things. If the FSA obtained an agent and used it, and then the SAA in return used an even nastier agent like Sarin, then this would incite a response from the international community. So one must ask, was this attack carried out to incite a response from the SAA which then would lead to a response by the international community?

What if one of the anti-western factions of the FSA gets ahold of these agents and uses them on other countries in the vicinity which are nuclear/bio/chemically armed?

What if terrorists use these agents in another country currently at war such as Afghanistan?

Can western countries afford NOT to get involved now?

This could get nasty fast!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
sana.sy...

The view of what took place from SANA

110 many in critical/ 25 deaths

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Could it be the Assad regime using weapons disguised as rebels in order to stir up issues with the US aid to the rebels? Who knows and with their state run media reporting, I cant believe anything coming out of that country. I cant believe anything coming from our own gov either.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Metha-Don because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: There is a "high probability" that Syria used chemical weapons against opposition forces, though verification is needed, U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday.

This came across my Facebook page. "High probability" but still not confirmed...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 38m

World Health Organization visiting health facilities in Aleppo, #Syria. Providing support to Syria on treatment of chemical toxin

twitter.com...

Both sides of the propaganda machine are working in high gear, the question is who is telling the truth?

We all saw this on the horizon for a long time now, it looks like it just happened

I am sure by tomorrow there will be plenty of mainstream sources with a whole lot of crazy stories aimed at justifying the invasion of Syria due to today's events. An emergency UN assembly will be next...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Indeed it's only a matter of time now. Of course we know the msm gov't lapdogs want us to think it was Assad on the rebels...and normally I'd lol at that notion, but to be honest. I am not sure who to believe...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Does it really matter which side used chemical weapons. If this escalates ,regardless of who did what. Should we let the Syrian people continue to pay for it?

We can hash out who is behind it all later. Including which other countries are behind the whole mess. I base my stance on this one key part of my statement.

If this escalates

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gartenspinnen

Since these conflicts tend to almost follow a scripted path, all thats missing now is for the FSA to lob one of those toxin canister over the border into a turkey village and blame the Assad government forces.......

its the only thing stopping international intervention into a growing conflict.

when what really needs to happen is the west coming in stringly and disarming absolutely anyone, FSA or rebels....but then we'd get the same insurgency we saw in Iraq.....so whats the solution?

Glass the whole country? or lock the borders and let them fight their own battles without any foreign intervention?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Does it really matter which side used chemical weapons. If this escalates ,regardless of who did what. Should we let the Syrian people continue to pay for it?

We can hash out who is behind it all later. Including which other countries are behind the whole mess. I base my stance on this one key part of my statement.

If this escalates

Yes, I believe it is very important to determine which side used weapons as it would lead us to the correct course of action, even though in my opinion no matter what is truthfully or morally correct will not matter in the investigation/conclusion of today's events as a few members including myself have already showcased the media sensationalism surrounding today's events...Iraq but just spun a little different this time.

"Hashing out who did it later" sounds just like Iraq, and something that another member who is in this thread with agree with..."kick ass and take names later"?

Let's hash it out BEFORE we invade a country and change their regime and turn their already broken up country even more upside down, even though we both know that is the ultimate goal and no amount of reason or logic will stop those who are hellbent on this objective from achieving their goals.

Just think of all the lucrative rebuilding contracts that some members will blame on ChinA

Heck we still don't have proof that chemical weapons were used. Sure it's probable but a lot of us including myself are jumping to conclusions.

But "Hashing it out later" is a horrible idea in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

edit on 3/19/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: dp, whoops

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If Assad truly issued the use of chemical weapons,they would be raining down on Israel,use your head people.
The FSA are desperately trying to get NATO and friends more involved,it's a no brainer..moving along.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ok let me futher my thoughts. I would love to see the U.S not involved at all. The Arab league should step up to the plate.

Will the U.S stay out? No probably not.

Will the Arab leauge step up? No

There is one big difference from Iraq, At the Moment people are, and will continue to die. If the chemical weapon
situation escalates, the main people who will die are the civilians.

So your point of view is it is more important to find the conspriacy, than it is to save innocent lives??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join