It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria accuses rebels of using chemical weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Syria's state news agency accused rebels on Tuesday of using chemical weapons in an attack in the northern province of Aleppo which it said killed 15 people.

"Terrorists fired a rocket containing chemical substances in the Khan al-Assal area of rural Aleppo and initial reports indicate that around 15 people were killed, most of them civilians," SANA news agency said.

It was not immediately possible to verify the report and SANA gave no further details.
Source

Things may be heating up by the sound of it. I wonder if we'll next hear the rebels blame the Government or simply say nothing at all? This ought to be one to watch. Many involved on different sides of this have said a chemical warhead deployed by either side would be a red line. What timing to have this happen with Obama in town down South...

Even I have to wonder about the timing. All this time and they pick this moment to cross such a hard line? Something's afoot I think.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, even though they are oppostion rebels... they too have done as many warcrimes as Bashar al Assad... even worse, if we all care to dig in deep into this situation.

What narks me (and i am being polite), is the fact that now everyone wants to give the Syrian rebels guns, ammunition, missiles etc etc etc... (Who is paying for all of those WMD and who is going to pay afterwards?) (especially innocent lives.))

Ok, i can understand that they need these to defend themselves... but in the long run, once they have overthrown Assads regime what will happen after?

A Hornets nest methinks?

Edit : Forgot to mention, methinks that assad is Sh***ing himself at the moment because the S will H the Fan soon, and has to come up with something like being attacked by chemical weapons by the rebels (seeing as he controls everything he has not come up with media evidence yet?)... strange no (but then again for a sicko like him and his croneys, or any other type of war monger, it's easy to get rid of a couple of civilians or 20!)

Forgot to mention :

Syria: US would not object to arming rebels
The United States would not object to Britain and France arming Syrian rebel groups now fighting to topple the regime of Bashar al-Assad, secretary of state John Kerry said.

Link here : www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ahhh, no oil to be gained???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by Rodinus because: Really crap spelling mistake

edit on 19-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
So these rebels/terrorists have allegedly used chemical weapons.

Obama said the use of chemical weapons would be a red line.

Knowing the above, maybe if you were one of the rebel groups and you wanted western intervention to further your aim of gaining control of the country, you might consider using chemical weapons...

Maybe....possibly...

Fact is these rebels are just as bad as Assad. It's a mess of a situation.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This not good news at all...so the rebels have access to chemical weapons already???

Oh no, world war 3 seems so imminent...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So is this the flash point that forces intervention? It is still March.... Didn't someone predict that WWIII would kick off in March 2013?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I wonder if we'll next hear the rebels blame the Government or simply say nothing at all?

Well this was in the first paragraph of your source.

Syria's government and rebels accused each other of firing a rocket loaded with chemical agents outside the northern city of Aleppo on Tuesday, an attack which a cabinet minister said killed 16 people and wounded 86.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I authored a thread about the US and Israel stepping up their propaganda about Assad planning to use his chemical weapons soon earlier last week. There were two seperate stories one based on anonymous Israeli intelligence and one based on anonymous American intelligence.

My theory has always been that the rebels would use chemical weapons and have it blamed on Assad which would lead to intervention in Syria, something the USA and Israel would like very much.

They rebels have already allegedly used chemical weapons late last year as well but used some type of plastic bag with a button as method of delivery.

And as we already know the rebels are already blaming Assad's scuds for the chemical weapon deaths from today. I hate to say it, but this could be it. Expect a media frenzy over this, and expect Assad to get the blame no matter what evidence surfaces indicating that the rebels were the ones who in fact did this.
edit on 3/19/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
And as we already know the rebels are already blaming Assad's scuds for the chemical weapon deaths from today. I hate to say it, but this could be it. Expect a media frenzy over this, and expect Assad to get the blame no matter what evidence surfaces indicating that the rebels were the ones who in fact did this.

Yep, totally agree with you there, just one way of over-throwing Assad and furthermore pushing forth the Globalist agenda of dominance in that area...

And even supplying these rebels perhaps with the chemical weapons required to make this all possible...

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Expect a media frenzy over this, and expect Assad to get the blame no matter what evidence surfaces indicating that the rebels were the ones who in fact did this.

That's the problem. No matter who uses them, we are never going to truely know. Assad could very well be the one that uses them, and direct footage of Assad in front of a missle launcher pushing the button could be posted. But because of all the spin and speculation, from people and the Media, no member of the public will know the truth.

The fact is the TPTB want it that way. They would much rather see us all here debating it than finding out the truth.

So they win again!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

The fact is the TPTB want it that way. They would much rather see us all here debating it than finding out the truth.

So they win again!!!!

Apparently, that is why the sheeple like to label us as the crazy conspirators, cause the TPTB control the damn media and they get to convince the masses through propaganda headlines, to gain public support for military actions to further perpetuate their agendas.

Then I few years after the damaged is done, I couple of hackers leak the truth and open up the can of worms...

edit on 19-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Then I few years after the damaged is down, I couple of hackers leak the truth and open up the can of worms...

Don't I wish. But that just starts another conspriacy, and the cycle perpetuates it's self indefinitely.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Then I few years after the damaged is down, I couple of hackers leak the truth and open up the can of worms...

Don't I wish. But that just starts another conspriacy, and the cycle perpetuates it's self indefinitely.

It's endless and crazy...
and while we're busy discussing, or more appropriately conspiring, in the coming weeks TPTB throws more propaganda headlines, all the more blackmailing anyone that may be seen as a threat to the Globalist agenda, or is already a threat any way by public opinion.

And so it is perpetuated inline with what TPTB wants, as long as they got a good grip on the mainstream media by the privates..

edit on 19-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is an update with very little information.

WASHINGTON — US official says there is no evidence Syrian rebels or Assad’s regime used chemical weapons.

Link

I wish they would tell us how they came to this conclusion, or are they just trying to cover for their outlaw rebel terrorists?

I say "cover for the terrorists" because the article says there is no evidence that either side did this. In my opinion it's quite obvious that Assad would not use these weapons so they need to make sure to excuse the rebels of this crime (if it happened) as no one would believe it if they tried to blame Assad.
edit on 3/19/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: fix link

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to see how this develops. When you consider Russia's stance on Syria and our deteriorating relationship with Moscow, I'm really curious what our Foreign-Policy-Bungler-in-Chief's strategy will be. If history gives us a clue, he'll consider, then make brief and useless generalizations about America's stance, and finally be firm and direct after it's too late to stop things from spinning out of control.

One thing's for sure though: the writing was on the wall from the beginning that it would come to this. Remind me where our actual interest in Syria lies?

With Iraq it was revenge and reconstruction contracts.

With Afghanistan it was revenge and mineral treasures.

With Lybia it was a central bank and continued sales of oil in US dollars.

I'm at a loss as to what our motivation for intervention truly is, because our government stopped waging war solely for self-preservation after World War II.

-Mordeen

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Exactly. The rebels are committing the atrocities and are then blaming everything they do on Assad and his forces. Here is a nice little clip of the 'freedom' fighters using benevolent tactics to install peace. Oh yeah, and no evidence the rebels have these weapons, right?

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

This is who our government is supporting and funding, it's sickening.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The media will report it that the terrorists...I mean "rebels" claim that Assad is using chemicals and fired that rocket that killed 15 people and then it'd mention how 70,000 people have died because of Assad from these battles.

Sickening...but they have been trying for a long time to say that Assad's forces have been or are about to use chemical weapons. My question is where did the terrorists...I mean "rebels" get those chemicals? I doubt that they got it from a captured base or town. Sounds more like someone is shipping them some weapons, perhaps with the help of the neighborhood friendly UN troops that always seem to do more harm then good (not all the time just most of the time...like 99%).

Just saw the above clip, so they are making their own chemical weapons? Now I'm wondering who trained them, but then again there is the internet which they do have access to. If they are willing to use chemical's in their fight, they need to be stopped fast, but not by the U.S., should give Russia and Iran the green light to help Assad out, we've already been in way to many pointless wars.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: Added sentence

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
POSTED TODAY:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Western intelligence = no intelligence (same intelligence that said Iraq had WMD)

Crazy they have already tried to put the blame it all on Assad by saying no one can believe Assad or their tv stations. How western intelligence says they believe it is Assad. They really want to invade Syria.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: Added sentence

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

It is rather disgusting isn't it?

The thread I authored last week which discusses the increased propaganda that in my opinion was a sure sign that something like today's incident was bound to happen soon.

Within that thread were links to other threads I have authored on this issue, which also includes a second video of the rebels allegedly poisoning more rabbits and threatening to poison the water supply of certain groups.

I also included a link that speaks about previous chemical weapon attacks by the rebels:

Syria: Terrorists Use Chemical Weapons against Army

Armed rebels used chemical weapons in their attacks against the Syrian army in Reef (outskirts of) Damascus on Sunday.

The terrorists used chemical weapons against the Syrian army forces in Darya district of Reef Damascus today.

"The terrorists have already thrown three cube-shaped plastic bags towards the (Syrian) army's forces that killed seven forces due to the gases emerging from the bags," a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard told the Iran-based Arab-language Al-Alam news channel on Sunday.

The commander noted that a yellow button is installed on the bags and by pushing that a yellow gas came out and those who inhaled it died after nearly one hour.

Here is the link to the initial thread which includes the links to the other threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not trying to act like Nostradamus but a lot of could have easily been predicted by anyone.

edit on 3/19/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Rebels did not use chemical weapons Propaganda from Assad.

Watching the video of it now and the medical personnel are just were face masks?

They would be wearing full Chem bio gear if it was chemical weapons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join