It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist faces charges for teaching in self-built school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by tovenar

This is what he means by not having any of the modern day trappings... It is possible to have a sanitary and hygienic outside toilet that is not your conventional loo..

True; but sanitation is a numbers game. The more gallons of crap, and the more different depositors, the more issues you face. That is true whether you are running a metropolitan hospital, or a campground. The problem is geometically complicated by more and more visitors.

This man is not stupid.. He has lived in snow capped mountains for 30 years. He is still alive and very healthy after those 30 years, despite him not having a conventional toilet and bleach for all that time..

I'm sure he isn't stupid. Or dirty.

But he isn't the problem. The problem is simply, crowds.

A single person can poop on the ground and leave it lying in the sun, as long as he leaves the area and gets out of the range of the attendant flies. But if he stays there, he needs to cover it with something absorbant and ph-balancing.

Have you ever pooped out doors much? Sometimes, you step in your stain, getting your pants back up. That's not a problem when it's your poop. And you are the only one who has pulled leaves off of whichever bush you stripped for some "toilet paper." But a crowd does this, and you'll have the exact same conditions as they did on the notorious Oregon Trail:

"You have died of Dysentery."
edit on 19-3-2013 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by Gazrok

How are people meant to be able to survive if they never have a chance to experience being in 'the wild' when they will have to rely on their own knowledge and skill to survive.

By watching it on TV or reading it on the internet, of course.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I know a number of people who make a small living doing these kinds of classes. Every one of them charges between $100-$300 per day depending on the teacher and class. Factor in 15 -20 students per class that could be up to $6,000 for a weekend class. Not bad. But consider the time and money spent learning these skills, acquiring/leasing land, setting up buldings. kitchens, tools, material, etc. it can actually end up a losing proposition. A good friend of mine retired from doing classes very similar.

Glad to see people have an interest- 20 years ago you could name pretty much everyone doing primitive tech seriously, now there's thousands - tens of thousands.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

It sucks that everything is run by paper and red tape these days....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So......it sounds like they want to change all the things that he is trying to teach; how to get by without all the modern conveniences. Take away all the non-modern methods, and eliminate every lesson that could be learned.

How their actions go against all personal freedom is yet another aspect.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'll sure sleep better tonight knowing our government is handling this terrorist. What is that monster thinking by spreading his knowledge. I bet he hasn't paid taxes in years. Let this be a lesson to all those conspiracy survivalist nutters!

This isn't about porta-potties.... It's all about the government getting a piece of the prize. Somebody didn't get paid. It's as simple as that. And yes, some over-reactive, know-it-all recent grad from the early childhood education department, most definitely is a ring leader. Save the children from bird poop!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It is not just kids that he educates.. It is adults also. All people from all different walks of life.. Check out the website.

I realize that, but it doesn't matter....once kids and childcare are involved in ANY part of the equation, you're now subject to all those rules and regulations, even if it was just ONE kid...EVER.... I guarantee you this all started with one namby pamby parent who wasn't fully aware what they were signing their kid up for.....who then got some State Attorney involved.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I guarantee you this all started with one namby pamby parent who wasn't fully aware what they were signing their kid up for.....who then got some State Attorney involved.

An a helath department official who got tired of playing solitaire on his computer and decided she should make it look like he was earning her money.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Too bad a country founded on principles of individual liberties has to have government make decisions for them. If a potential client was worried about latrines and sanitiation or the lack of compliance with building code, then they could always opt out. Since we let government make all of our decisions now, I guess that's a thing of the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join