It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let us make man in our image"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I am not conceding that Sitchin is a fraud. I simply am removing him from the conversation because it clouds the real issue. I still think there is some Merritt to his claims. But like I said, that is a different conversation all together.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by jiggerj

A great example of flawed exoteric literalistic theology.

I know. One shouldn't take anything in the bible literally.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by yourmaker

They, are the Annunaki. The book of Genesis is a plagiarism of the Enuma Elish.

Right on my friend, once you figure out what's been going on for thousands of years and you realise the MONSTROUS LIES we have been told, then you are now "awake".

We have been lied to on just about every subject you can name, and academia is another of the candidates in this whole bunch of lies.

I just hope in years to come, that the younger generation will finally discover the REAL TRUTH, it's just unfortunate that i will not be here to see it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by jiggerj

A great example of flawed exoteric literalistic theology.

I know. One shouldn't take anything in the bible literally.

Agreed. One should take it as a system of signs or symbols.

"Language is originally and essentially nothing but a system of signs or symbols, which denote real occurrences, or their echo in the human soul." -Carl Jung

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Whenever I read the phrase "In our image" I think of an image like a shadow on the wall, two arms, two legs, a torso and a head. I don't think that means God looks just like us any more than a cat looks like a dog although they both share all the same features. Same design yet very different results.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The Lord, YOUR GOD. It is meant to tell you that God comes before the mortal (albeit elite class) men who try to rule you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Hebrew 'in his image' can also be read 'as his image'...
...that is we were not made to look like God but act as Him...

In the same sense that a person who in the position of say a bank manager acts as a bank manager.
The phrase seems to denote a role rather than a physical description.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hii,

Its shows that we human beings has been invented by our Creators Elohim (Aliens).

Love

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Text One thing that I always wonder about with the bible is who wrote it in the first place and why?

@ yourmaker

Supposedly - The original first Hebrew Torah was written from tradition by Moses. In fact that is the main meat of the Judaic structure up to 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed. But Moses wrote Torah for religious and historical heritage. Adam was created as the first of our present day civilization and from Adam the tradition was passed on to Noah's father Lamech between 850 to 900 years after Adam was created. From Lamech it was passed to Noah and from Noah it was passed to Abraham. Abraham lived between 1948 BC to 2123 BC so this tradition was passed through three men to Abraham. Now from Abraham it was then passed to his son Isaac, to his son Jacob, to his son Joseph who was second in command in Egypt. Moses then came into play as far as writing this knowledge into records.

This is where so many will not believe the records of Moses. We are talking about an era of over 2000 years of tradition. Not all of Torah was this far removed. Torah also contains some latter history of genealogy that is confirmed by other literature. So actually it is still a matter of what you want to believe. We do not have evidence that this tradition was passed in written form or pictures or campfire but a tradition this lengthy must have had some form of remembrance. I have no idea of what that would be. I have read where some Hebrews would memorize entire pages of literature for their oral tradition. Torah consists of written Torah and oral Torah and one without the other is incomplete.

An example is the ten commands of God to the Hebrews. Without oral Torah you would never have had the punishments of written Torah. Adultery was unlawful in that era but it was not written beside that command exactly what the punishment should be. Therefore the oral tradition which was taught to Moses by God was then later written as law by Moses. Now whether you want to believe that Moses told the truth is up to you. Some people believe it was a ploy of control and power while others believe Moses was God's spokesman at that time.

By the same token you can judge all ancient literature by what you want to believe. Josephus was a Jewish historian and he wrote from knowledge which he gathered from all sorts of tradition. I guess it all is based upon what your belief is just the same as all of the different bibles and denominations that can be argued till the end of time. Philo of Alexandria is studied and quoted daily from almost all universities world wide but have no idea whether he is correct in his tradition either. So your question is valid and probably more sensible than even my own.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Text "in our image" ... When i was in the Army I was a chaplain assistant. I asked both the protestant and catholic chaplains about that line in the bible and what it means. Both said 'The Holy Trinity' are the 'our' ...
reply to post by FlyersFan

@ Flyers Fan

There are two creations. The first is that of the celestial realm. A celestial entity has a celestial image (body) and a celestial spirit to make the image alive. The second is that of terrestrial realm. A terrestrial entity has a terrestrial body and a celestial spirit to make the image alive. In all cases it is the celestial Holy Spirit (God) who makes anything live.

In the celestial realm the Holy Spirit (God) was invisible to His celestial creation and in order to present Himself for their understanding He brought Himself into a visible image. This celestial image is called “The Word.” The “Word” has life within Him and is God and is that begotten of the Father. This is explained by the Apostle John.

John 1:1-4 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Notice that John repeats “the beginning.” That is to show you that there were two distinct beginnings. One was the celestial beginning and the other the terrestrial beginning.

Then the word became flesh and as the “Word” became flesh it became a terrestrial soul with the same celestial spirit that it had in the celestial realm. This proves that the spirit is that which stands in judgment and not the soul and it is the spirit that retains the memory bank of the entity. The “Word” that existed in the celestial realm has now become a soul or terrestrial body and is known to us (English) as Jesus. This was why Jesus had the remembrance of His being “The Word” and His heavenly existence.

As you or I go to the store, it is the spirit that directs the soul. In all reality your spirit tells you when and how to move that soul. Even though you normally would not say aloud “Let’s go to the store” your spirit talks to you and told you to go to the store. You might even say aloud “I have to go to the store.” The spirit cannot act physically. It relies upon the soul to do the terrestrial work such as building a house but then the soul cannot build that house without the spirit directing that soul. Both must work together in order to build the house.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Explanation
Let us make man in our image which is the body, after our likeness which is the spirit -- Both the heavenly image and earthly image is the same in recognition. The only difference is the substance change as the soul dies. The spirit is always the celestial substance in both the heavenly or earthly realms. A human entity does not have a soul but instead is a soul (earthly body) with a celestial spirit. A soul does not enter heaven because a soul is flesh and blood. The soul must have a substance change but the spirit never changes.

Who is us in Genesis? Us is the Holy Father God in Body and Spirit. There is no other portion to God than what was taught to Moses. As man is two portions so God is also two portions. As man is but one entity so God is one entity. I see no other cause to subscribe to a triune God or three portions God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join