It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! My aunts boyfriend is an alien!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Which of course isn't true at all but she believes wholeheartedly that it is. She has a history of methamphetamine abuse and is showing signs of methamphetamine psychosis only I know for a fact she hasn't used in weeks. She says she has seen her boyfriend shape shift into his alien form. She explained to me that he and his family are some kind of shape shifting aliens made out of light. She said she had pictures of him on her phone and when she sent them to me they were just a bunch of pictures of nonsense like shadows or glare that could could be perceived as anything.

Recently she has been spending a lot of time in isolation. She spends hours by herself in the bathroom. She picks at her face constantly and is obsessed with make up. I really want her to get help but she doesn't think she is crazy!!! The new development in her story now is that her boyfriend is seeing some other girl now and she too is seeing him shape shift! She talks about all kinds of other impossible crap too but her main problem is the alien thing.

My family is really worried and she has been driving us up the wall with this crazy BS but we don't know how to get her the help she needs. Advice is sorely needed.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Brujobrett13

I think a good old-fashioned family intervention might be in order here. All ATS nonsense aside, this is no laughing matter. This delusion will affect the whole family as well. Please get her the medical care she needs...anyway, anyhow.

It's never easy when someone close has a breakdown. But it's time to pull together as a family to help her and get her in the care of some experts. Good luck to you and your aunt and my best wishes.
edit on 19-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
How old is she?

It could even be something like schizophrenia or bi polar.

Most drug abusers have underlying mood disorders or mental illness.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Find her a rehab center.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The problem is that she doesn't think there is anything wrong with her. It's like she has completely lost touch with reality. Many family members have already told her that she needs to get help but she just tries harder to convince us! This isn't the first time she has made up elaborate stories either. It's been going on for years, but she seems to be really going off the deep end. She just won't accept help either as she totally believes that what she says is real. I can't tell if she is really seeing things or she is making it up. She is 46 years old and a mother to a 16 year old son who is starting to see his moms mental health deteriorate.

How do you convince a crazy person that they are crazy?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You don't 'convince' them of it, you get them into treatment. If you're not sure what else to do, call your local hospital or mental health authorities and go from there. An emergency room visit can result in two doctors having her committed for a few days, long enough for a diagnosis, if they determine she's a hazard to herself or others. If she's supposed to be the adult in a house with a 16 year old, there's abuse and neglect issues that need to be addressed, and I hope someone else can take in that teenager.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Well her son lives with his dad and she is living with my grandparents because she has some health issues too. She had stents put into her kidneys because she had such a severe infection because of neglecting her health. She has had the stents in since July 2012 and has neglected even getting them taken out. She is unemployed and she doesn't have insurance either. Instead of keeping up with her doctors appts she was out with her boyfriend on drug benders while living out of motel rooms. Now that she is living at my grandmas her main focus has become finding out what her boyfriend is doing and who he is with.

She stays up all night on the phone talking to him or his friends. We are at a loss of what to do. Am I allowed to contact her doctor and express my concern for her?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
She needs some family members to obtain power of attorney, and then commit her to rehab where she can then undergo clinical observation and later the interview process once she's detoxed a bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

She has a history of methamphetamine abuse and is showing signs of methamphetamine psychosis only I know for a fact she hasn't used in weeks.

Are you sure she hasnt used in weeks? To me she sounds like she's been on a binge, up for days, even weeks, straight high on meth. An addict will do anything to conceal their use.

Recently she has been spending a lot of time in isolation. She spends hours by herself in the bathroom. She picks at her face constantly and is obsessed with make up.

Still sounds like shes been tweaking.

Take a look at her arms. Are there needle marks? Does it seem like she has excessive acne/pimples on her face? If you suspect she smokes meth and uses a meth pipe, are your qtips (the ear cleaner thingys) rapidly disapearing? Also, how is she eating? Do you even see her eat an actual full size meal?

If she really has quit and is suffering from withdrawls, she problably needs some treatment. I would ask your local hospital or police department for treatment centers close by.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Sorry to learn of your family's troubles... if methamphetamine abuse is at play it can be hard on all members of the family to cope with.

One thing I believe that is often a large side effect of methamphetamine abuse is the long term lack of sleep and its effects on the brain. It's like a double edged sword... healthy sleep patterns can't occur, and it further assists in unclear thinking in withdrawal effects of the drug addiction. It's the reasoning she can think and say these things with such conviction... it is normal for her to go long periods of time with no sleep.

Think about that... all humans need good sleep for the brain to not fall into delusional logic processing. Now imagine having to process drug withdrawal symptoms along side the unclear thinking. Many people, and even health professionals will relate the schizophrenic-like actions to be directly drug related, and that just isn't the case all the time. Have you ever stayed awake for over 24 hours, even without drugs, and not felt crazy to some degree? Now imagine building your entire life around these sleep habits.

Rehab, even by use of intervention, is much needed in this scenario. Getting sleep patterns back to normal patterns is just as important as the rehabbing. A lot of emotional stresses will need to be approached by your entire family, but the love and support from you all is what will help the most. She will likely not take the help she needs if the love and support is not there for her. It may have to be tough love and a little guilt inducing at first that gets her to take help, but help with coping with the disease of drug abuse is needed more than anything else. A drug abused mind of an adult operates much to the same degrees of a child's brain that is physically and or emotionally abused.

I wish the best for your family's dealing with this illness!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Sadly Brujo non of us here on ATS are in the correct position to give you a diagnostic to this particular condition and even if one of us was, i do not think that using a forum is the best way to diagnose a condition which affects ones health... however i am sure that each and everyone of us here will try to guide you and give you the best possible advice according to her/his own personal opinion.

Here is mine :

May i suggest think it would be wise that you discussed with your family and together you all take the decision to help her in consulting the correct medical expert for this condition.

Maybe a wise idea to start with the family practioneer to begin with who should help to point you in the right direction?

Not sure if forcibly interning her (against her wishes) is the best idea without a medical diagnostic first and correct psycological follow up?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19-3-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Call the cops and have her 302'd. When the cops see the condition she is in she'll have to be involuntarily committed. The code 302 technicality is that the person must pose a risk to themselves or to others, and by using meth, she fits the bill. It's truly heartbreaking to see a loved one in the throes of meth, and unfortunately, it can even affect a former addict years after quitting.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'm just going to organize a sit down with the family and come up with some kind of plan to get her the help she needs. As of this morning she hasn't slept in 2 days, and last night I'm pretty positive that she was out in the front of the house meeting someone because when she came in the door I heard a car start and drive away. She doesn't know anyone in SD because she is from Orange County.

After talking with my other aunt (her sister) we pretty much determined that she must still be using.
I hate to air all the dirty laundry on ATS of all places but I figured the nature of the things she is saying is common subject matter here.

I'm worried that if she were to get a psychological evaluation that she wouldn't tell the doctor about all the alien stuff because she knows it sounds crazy. I think she could very easily act sane just to avoid having to spend some time in an institution. So I am probably going to use a digital voice recorder to capture these nutty stories of hers.

On a side note, I do believe that aliens exist but I don't believe that if they are here they would end up being an ex con tweaker living out of motel rooms like my aunts boyfriend hahaha.

new topics

top topics

join