It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what the internet looks like.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Very interesting, the new map is fully interactive, and consits of a type of dot matrix, eack one is clickable, and will show its owner or other information. I havent found a site yet that wasnt on it. It is very cool, I installed it on my galaxy s3, and it works great.

Peer 1 Hosting has been trying to explain what the Internet looks like since 2011, when they created an infographic map of the Internet showing networks and routing connections across the world. Now they've visualized the web in a zoomable Map of the Internet app for iPhone andAndroid that lets you explore connectivity in a more hands-on way.Using data from CAIDA, The Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis, the app shows 22,961 autonomous system nodes and the 50,519 connection that link them, both from a global view and a network view. Exploring it is a little like being lost in space, surrounded by floating lights and colors.You can search for particular companies or domains and perform traceroutes to see how data moves between them, or you can also watch the Internet evolve over time. A timeline at the bottom pinpoints important years in the history of the web, like the launch of Wikipedia or last year's SOPA blackout, and lets you explore how connectivity has increased over the years. Based on current data, they even predict what the Internet landscape will look like in 2020.In the blog post announcing the app release, the company says they think of the map as "an educational tool that represents the Internet’s evolution from 1994 to present day." Unless you already know a lot about networks and autonomous systems, it might more disorienting than educational, but at least it's fun to play with.You can check out CNN Money's video overview for more:

m.popsci.com...
flowingdata.com...

When I searched ATS on the app, it showed it was from texas, anyone know if this is true.

I cant get the pics to upload from my phone, sorry. Anyone wanna be nice enough?

edit on 19-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

amazing..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Empty Space I assume ?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't get it... is this supposed to be like that part in Kung Fu Panda where he gets the secret scroll and nothing is written on it?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I don't get it... is this supposed to be like that part in Kung Fu Panda where he gets the secret scroll and nothing is written on it?

Lol, no, sorry I am not witty enough too pull that off. I just hit enter on the keypad accidently when I was trying to upload a pic and switching tabs, and typing. I multitasked myself up.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, I see it now, thats a cool picture, I will save that for future use.

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hey, cool! I can see my house!
Wait, who's using the internet in my empty attic?

- Lee
edit on 19-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just wondering about the big blue dot and where all the info is being funneled to.

JK

Have a nice day,it may be your last.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

Ok, I see it now, thats a cool picture, I will save that for future use.

Peace

It is really fun to play around with, it has a world global view, and the dot matrix type visualisation. Both are zoomable, and moveable.

ATS is located on the outer edge of one of the middle domes towards the top, infowars, was at the very top and linked to half the damned nodes on the net it looked like, and poor glp was way down in the random looking mess below the structured dome shapes towards the top.

Kind of fun to play around and look where everything connects to.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Just wondering about the big blue dot and where all the info is being funneled to.

JK

Have a nice day,it may be your last.

It says level 3 communications AS3356 2640 connections.

What the heck is level 3 Communications? Is that like 4G for the internet nodes themselves?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Hey, cool! I can see my house!
Wait, who's using the internet in my empty attic?

- Lee
edit on 19-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting the pic, it sucks not to have it in the op, I cant figure out how to upload pics from my phone.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's strangely beautiful and kind of organic looking.

Thanks for sharing, S&F.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Interesting to see,thank you.I always pictured it as an enormous spiderweb:-) Pictured in this way,it really is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Very cool. Looks like a jellyfish to me. Our collective has created a new form of life, or the indicator of such.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have got this app on my ipad, just search "peer1 hosting" in the appstore.

You get two views, one as per the image on this thread, the other is a 360 degree globe.

edit on 19-3-2013 by solargeddon because: Add image

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Looks like something to explore. A couple of questions: Will this "map" be updated as more sites are added or subtracted, or get more hits? Or is it as we see it now and won't change. And how in heck do you find what you're looking for in there (does it have a search option)?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Its on android as well for those that don't like apple prisons.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
Its on android as well for those that don't like apple prisons.

I prefer android too, I only have the ipad, because of the kids, you can't get cupcakearoo on android, I tried

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Looks like something to explore. A couple of questions: Will this "map" be updated as more sites are added or subtracted, or get more hits? Or is it as we see it now and won't change. And how in heck do you find what you're looking for in there (does it have a search option)?

It will change as the internet evolves, it at the present has a function where you can even see what the internet will look like in the year 2020.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Looks like those history of the universe / big bang depictions

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join