It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUDAISM FROM THE TALMUD

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
reply to post by asher

Speaking historically here, the only thing that deters me is an act of Mod. I speak from the heart, not from need of popularity.

Truth tends to cut deep and perhaps my delivery is borderline but I got to be me otherwise I would be a hypocrite.

The core of this ME problem begins and ends with $

conflict is good for business

well i cant stress enough that you follow your heart. but i think the core of all your ME problems may be YOU. there are no external reasons for your problems its seems as though you value money too much. but thats just my two cents as a random person you may never meet. conflict may be good for business but is it good for humanity?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You do realize the Talmud was written by Rabbi's right? It's human law... unless you think Rabbis are Gods.

Religion is silly anyway.

link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Did the Jews herd Germans into concentration camps? No. Yet this is what they fear.

were many Germans murdered by Soviets (including Jews) yes?

I don't see your point

link   

reply to post by anoncoholic

and why exactly do they fear? Perhaps it is the way they treat others? You stand as an apologist but claim it is out of necessity

Did the Jews herd Germans into concentration camps? No. Yet this is what they fear.

You can't build a fire without fuel

www.youtube.com...

And in your hatred, you are pouring as much gasoline onto that blaze as you can.

and yet you choose to take a side over humanity.

You are the one attempting to turn human beings into demons.

I just have a single question I would ask of the entire worlds people.

What do you inspire in others?

... that is what you get in return

It would be immodest of me to answer that question. I am reasonably certain what your answer would be. I suggest you take it to heart.

Since history is always written by the victor (the truth shall set you free) it is illogical to base your fears on a contrived excuse. Jews were an accepted part of pre-war Germany ... until business became more important than life.

You say I am pouring gas on the fire... its called controlled burn and by starving the fire of fuel it will fade away in time.

The first step is to know you are on fire. All the Jews have to do is open their hearts and any of you who doesn't feel the pain of others - that lack of empathy that defines a persons capacity to even feel is what will be returned to you.

What you are promoting here by standing in defense is cruel. It is cruelty upon the Palestinians, it is cruelty upon the rest of the world who are being forced to take a side. Sure, I know you are hoping we will continue to look the other way, but some of us actually do care about others.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

this isn't about the talmud its about the actions of the people who follow the talmud.

In other words, you cannot find an example. Fine, I'll do it for you:

Approves of Sodomy: "If one
committed sodomy with a child of
less than nine years, no guilt is
incurred" (Sanhedrin 5 4b)

No guilt is incurred on the child.

Cursing Parents Allowed: "One
who curses his parents isn't punished
unless he curses them by
Divine name" (Sanhedrin 66a)

Because a flash of anger can result in saying things one doesn't really mean. So long as you keep God out of it, what you say in a moment of weakness is not a crime.

Blasphemy Allowed: "One can
revile the Divine Name if
mentally applying it to some
other object" (Sazhedin 65a-b)

When living in a society that can punish you for your beliefs, you can refute them openly in self defense, provided you mentally reserve the truth. Catholics during the Reformation called this "prevarication."

Murder Condoned: "If ten men
smote a man with ten staves and
he died, they are exempt from
punishment" (Sanhedrin 18a)

This is an attempt to resolves the dilemma of punishing murder with death. The executioner would also become a murderer. This is why the ancient Hebrews punished certain offenses with stoning. No single stone was the cause of death, therefore no member of the mob was responsible for the death. There is a similar line of reasoning behind the tradition of one gun in a firing squad being unloaded.

Do you still find these teachings to be disgusting and inhuman?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

two points, why would there be guilt on the child if he was 10, and who needs a book to tell them it is wrong to have anal sex with a 9 year old?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
You do realize the Talmud was written by Rabbi's right? It's human law... unless you think Rabbis are Gods.

Religion is silly anyway.

edit on 19-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

that is what im trying to say. its okay to make up your own belief and live by it. but the zionist are using this for there own agenda to murder and manipulate the world. and they are good at it. trust me i know how silly religion is

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are a sect of Jews that do not follow the laws that were written by Rabbis, just the laws that were supposedly inspired/written by "God".. I forgot their name though.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

two points, why would there be guilt on the child if he was 10,

In those days, one was considered a fully adult member of the community at thirteen. A ten year old would be considered an "adolescent," and therefore partially responsible

and who needs a book to tell them it is wrong to have anal sex with a 9 year old?

The sort of person who needs a book to tell them it is wrong to hate people just because they are different.
edit on 19-3-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

that is what im trying to say. its okay to make up your own belief and live by it.

So it was okay for Hitler to promulgate his racial theories?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Jews that reject the Talmud and other Rabbi writings are called the Karaites.

Karaite Judaism or Karaism (pron.: /ˈkærə.aɪt/ or /ˈkærə.ɪzəm/; Hebrew: יהדות קראית , Modern Yahadut Qara'it Tiberian Qārāʾîm ; meaning "Readers of the Hebrew Scriptures")[1] is a Jewish movement characterized by the recognition of the Tanakh alone as its supreme legal authority in Halakha (Jewish religious law) and theology. It is distinct from mainstream Rabbinic Judaism, which considers the Oral Torah, the legal decisions of the Sanhedrin as codified in the Talmud, and subsequent works to be authoritative interpretations of the Torah. Karaites maintain that all of the divine commandments handed down to Moses by God were recorded in the written Torah, without additional Oral Law or explanation. As a result, Karaite Jews do not accept as binding the written collections of the oral tradition in the Mishnah or Talmud.[/ex]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

that is what im trying to say. its okay to make up your own belief and live by it.

That's what all religions do.

Do you know how many heinous quotes I can pull out the Old Testament? Which Christians and Jews both think were divinely written.

link   
double

link   
talmud.faithweb.com... It makes me sad when people are hateful and ignorant, but then it reminds me to try and be more patient...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

In those days, one was considered a fully adult member of the community at thirteen. A ten year old would be considered an "adolescent," and therefore partially responsible

even allowing for that nasty bit of culture from that period, why would this book be used now

The sort of person who needs a book to tell them it is wrong to hate people just because they are different.
edit on 19-3-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

I don't follow?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

were many Germans murdered by Soviets (including Jews) yes?

First of all, the Nazis turned on the Soviets first, so the Nazis had it coming. Secondly, how can a Communist be a Jew?

I don't see your point

You are the one who keeps waffling on the idea of "Jewishness." Sometimes you seem to think it is a religion, at other times you seem to think it is some sort of genetic thing. No wonder you can't see my point.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Do you know how many heinous quotes I can pull out the Old Testament? Which Christians and Jews both think were divinely written.

Let's not forget the Muslims at this little hate fest!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't follow?

I am not at all surprised.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by asher

this isn't about the talmud its about the actions of the people who follow the talmud.

In other words, you cannot find an example. Fine, I'll do it for you:

Cursing Parents Allowed: "One
who curses his parents isn't punished
unless he curses them by
Divine name" (Sanhedrin 66a)

Because a flash of anger can result in saying things one doesn't really mean. So long as you keep God out of it, what you say in a moment of weakness is not a crime.

Blasphemy Allowed: "One can
revile the Divine Name if
mentally applying it to some
other object" (Sazhedin 65a-b)

When living in a society that can punish you for your beliefs, you can refute them openly in self defense, provided you mentally reserve the truth. Catholics during the Reformation called this "prevarication."

Murder Condoned: "If ten men
smote a man with ten staves and
he died, they are exempt from
punishment" (Sanhedrin 18a)

This is an attempt to resolves the dilemma of punishing murder with death. The executioner would also become a murderer. This is why the ancient Hebrews punished certain offenses with stoning. No single stone was the cause of death, therefore no member of the mob was responsible for the death. There is a similar line of reasoning behind the tradition of one gun in a firing squad being unloaded.

Do you still find these teachings to be disgusting and inhuman?

yes i still do. because of the actions of zionist jews who follow these teachings. listen i dont really care about the talmud either way it is a non issue. i have never studied or read religious scripture of any kind its all just words to me. anything can be rationalized if you say the right things to the right people. but actions are louder than words. the only reason i posted about the talmud is to eventually expose zionist as evil if i would have came out and said what i thought this thread would have been closed assuming i was anti semitic before i could have made my point . I'm going off history and events that are happening not ancient writings.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

-Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Why do people still follow the OT as if it is written by God or divinely inspired at the least? Why focus on the Talmud when most of America still follows the bible, which has verses like this riddled all over it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join