It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Accept The Mark Of The Beast?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
Let's say the rapture happens, the church has left the world, and society is in chaos due to the catastrophic remnants of people vanishing (planes crashing, motor vehicle accidents, nuclear plant workers, whatever)

Would you get the mark to function in society? Or would you give your head for eternal life?

lets go with the story.
1. Would my kids suffer if I don't get the mark of the beast?
2. How will you know who is the good guy or the bad guy? Supposedly the devil is a little deceitful , isn’t he? How can you be certain he isn't setting up the whole thing?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Let's say the rapture happens, the church has left the world, and society is in chaos due to the catastrophic remnants of people vanishing (planes crashing, motor vehicle accidents, nuclear plant workers, whatever)

Would you get the mark to function in society? Or would you give your head for eternal life?

First of all, I don't believe in the 'rapture' as it is forwarded by the modern evangelicals. I think they've been misled and that they are, in turn, leading many, many people down a dead-end ally.

It will happen, don't get me wrong... but not before the tribulation... not before all hell breaks loose.

Beyond that, I've already made my peace on this subject. I don't think it will all come to pass in my lifetime... meaning withing the next 10 years but, if it does then, no. I would not take anything even remotely associated as the 'mark of the beast' for any reason.

I think that Christians will eventually be hunted, jailed and killed by a ruthless, godless secular culture. Wearing a cross in public will be an invitation to attack, arrest and disappearance. But again... not just yet. The move to destroy the US and its constitution, which stands in the way of what is yet to come, still has some fight left in it. There are still enough people of genuine faith and moral compass who will keep the ship afloat for another few years.

The old mark of the beast, in my humble opinion, will arrive sometime after Obama has done his part to extend what Bush did to get the final push underway. In the meantime, there will be an event... something or another that will shake the world and rattle the foundations of all peoples and nations. That will be the doorbell for what is to come.

PS - We are going to have a celestial visitor sometime around late November. It's gonna be special.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you were a cow would like a mark stamped onto your arse with a hot iron.
The devil is a bully he wants to own you, according to the bible. It never says how the mark happens, take a look around and you can see it happening already. Living things are being marked. We are the beast. Satan= The spirit of the earth, the one who was cast down, and here we are. We are still here, we are still trying to transcend higher than Earth, we want the moon and mars and we want all the other planets after that. Human being is the sign the beast.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

nope. I would be one of the cave men throwing sticks and feces. I would throw myself back and die in the process. Proud to have stood against.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The rapture will be an event that the entire world sees. There will be no planes falling from the sky, etc... The rapture is a physical experience, so in other words, people do not simply vanish, they will literally float to meet Jesus in the sky. The rapture happens AFTER the Tribulation, but before God's wrath. Anyone getting the mark will have doomed their soul to hell for all of eternity, so people will have a choice to make, and as far as I'm concerned it is a VERY easy choice.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Would you get the mark...?

No.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I actually think things would be quite peaceful once all those Christians got gone off this planet.

Mark of the Beast? Sure! Hellz yeah.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

AH! I GET IT! Hellz ya! You don't want to be a sheep, but you wouldn't mind being tagged as a Cow!

Got it! MOooooOOo! LOL Cow or Sheep they all get led to the slaughter.

Religion or Government I will not be tagged as a stupid Cow...oh and I said Moo!

edit on 19-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

People with this mindset are the reason that AntiChrist will be capable of rallying enough support to control the world, institute his mark, and declare himself god.

Billions of people up and vanish and it's still not enough to convince some people that "hey, there might be something to this book those Christians were always yammering on about."

If (when) the rapture happens what kind of demented thought process would lead one to think that everything's going to be peachy now. We got the rapture right but all the other stuff we say will follow is still hogwash?

I implore you to try and keep a little piece of your heart open so that if it does happen in our lifetime changing your mind will still be an option. So that your mind isn't so averse to the possibility of the existence of our God that you will remain incapable of accepting him.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

You are truly hilarious. And your sincerity just makes it more funny. I have to find it funny, or I'd try and kill myself out of despair for the fate of this species. Rarely have I ever been so compelled to bash my head against an unyielding surface since a user on Yahoo answers asked why we haven't waited until night time to walk on the sun, when it's dark out. Or the one that asked about impregnating her baby while it was inside her. Or the one that compared herself with Nicki Minaj...and made Nicki look good.

Yeah. People like that do exist. And you remind me of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
It seems that Revelations 13:16-17 speaks about people getting one of three "marks." There is the mark of the beast, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Also interesting is the position of the mark, placed either on the forehead or
on the hand. Why two locations? Does this mean people have a choice in where they receive the mark?

Perhaps it indicates a separator-of-people type program is in effect, where highly honored
people receive a mark on the forehead and perhaps other malcontents can get by with just a mark on their
hand.

This may be how many deceive themselves into taking the mark. They may think to themselves: "I don't have to believe that he (antichrist) is God. I'll take the "lesser" mark for those people who just want to be able to earn money and provide for their family."

But thinking this way may be disastrous because, spiritually, the mark acts as a seal. It joins you to the fate of the antichrist and I don't see any evidence of there being any grey area.

The forehead refers to those who make the freewill decision to accept the mark. The right hand refers to those who are forced to take the mark against their will: out of intimidation, or threats of losing their job and/or home, for example.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Eh, whatever it takes to realize a Christian-free planet; it don't matter how it happens.

How it happens it that Satan impersonates the second coming of Jesus...there is no Pre-tribulation rapture (anyone who talks as such has no idea about scripture)...The false Christ changes a law from the 10 commandments and seeks to get everyone to go along with it, promising peace and prosperity to all. Those who wish to remain true to God's commandments don't go along with the deception nor give their allegiance to a phony. Over time animosity builds up against this group of people not conforming to the wishes of Satan and being sucked in by the propaganda dished out by the media and government sources around the world. They are blamed for all kinds of things like destroying the fabric of society, natural disasters and terrorist attacks. The brain dead deceived mob follow along the tune of the controllers and start to enforce legislation to kill, torture or imprison those people not going along with the program.

During this time the ark of the covenant and the 10 commandments will be revealed to the world (they were already found a couple of decades ago and are just being keep back until God's appointed time) and the world will know that this person they have given their allegiance to, Satan is a liar and a fake. Through fear, intimidation and ignorance God's true people will start to be killed all over the Earth by their fellow humans (meaning, if you want a Christian free planet anyway it comes you might as well just start killing them yourself now because that is equivalent to what you will be doing to them in the Tribulation period).

Millions upon millions of people will be killed by the ignorant delusional mob and law enforcement around the world, even those that decide to opt out of the system because they see this false Christ could not possibly be God because his character is not worthy to be honored and worshiped.

How it happens it basically the whole world descends into a state worse than the worst dictatorship the world has ever known....you might as well get on your nazi best so you can gee yourself up to do what is required for your most desired Christian-free world.

P. S The end of the story progresses in a way that many Christians are left still on earth when God closes the Book of Life (meaning no more will enter Heaven, the final sorting process has finished, transfer of ones character to be inline with God's is no longer possible). The 7 plagues start to fall on all those people outside of God (and who have followed the false Christ) and they notice that the plagues are not falling on those people they have been persecuting and seeking to kill. At this stage the deluded people of the world, including the leaders of the world are filled with disappear knowing that they have chosen wrongly and are doomed. At the end of the 7th plague then the real Jesus returns and takes all people judged to be in Him both alive and dead through all of history back to Heaven. Those outside of God will all be killed (put to sleep) at this time and will be resurrected back up a 1000 years later when God comes back to Earth (the 3rd time) to deliver final judgment. The wicked will be consumed any to nothing by unquenchable (the same fire found to have destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah here ), until their soul is erased from existence never to return again to have a second chance at life.

Meanwhile Heaven is the best place people could ever imagine, where the grandest enterprises will be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations will be reached, the highest ambitions realized. And still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of body and mind and soul. And the recreated Earth (on which the heavenly city will come down upon to reside after the 1000 years) will be just as good.

pick however you wish, but it is a good idea make your decision on a tad more complete picture of what is actually going to happen...this is what I have provided for you.

Is there a Jewish and a Muslim Rapture too?

God's true people will be called out of all religions during the tribulation....the goals of the illuminati have been to force clashes between the 3 Abrahmic religions so that people of the world will be sick of it and demand they are done away with...Your thoughts about Christians, Jews and Muslims seem to suggest you are a complete victim of the illuminati brainwashing plan (outlined by Pike and Mazinni in 1871 to plan and orchestrate 3 world wars) and the desired objectives of this plan
edit on 19-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would know its all a pile of crapola, for that is not how Family do things, and the other side doesnt get any yes sir, no sir, but told to surrender, and give themselves up to justice, cosmic justice and they need psychiatric care very very badly.

No, No No No, nor am I willing to lose my head. The cosmos is sick and tired of martyrs really fed up with them. And we're not going to lose.

Wake up and remember who you are, and being an infinite part of infinity with love and equality as your frequency and vibration and heart full of love, you are not on their level. Family will step in and miracles will happen, the bad guys don't have permission over us if we're waking up and doing the work we came to do and I don't give them permissions over anyone else either. We Are!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is unfortunate that you find my sincerity hilarious. Personally I value sincerity when I find it in people with ideas differing from my own. How exactly are the beliefs I expressed in my original reply a harbinger of doom for the species? All I was doing was attempting to maintain the internal logic of a situation in which the rapture has taken place. Druscilla was saying how great it would be with all the Christians gone. I maintain that expecting good things to happen from the instantaneous disappearance of a couple billion people is so ridiculous and illogical that it is unlikely anyone actually holds the belief and it is simply being expressed to disparage Christians

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

It is unfortunate that you find my sincerity hilarious. Personally I value sincerity when I find it in people with ideas differing from my own.

Sincerity does not lend credence.

How exactly are the beliefs I expressed in my original reply a harbinger of doom for the species?

Admiration - nay, hero worship - of a narcissistic Hitler of the cosmic persuasion? No, that can't be dangerous at all.

I maintain that expecting good things to happen from the instantaneous disappearance of a couple billion people is so ridiculous and illogical that it is unlikely anyone actually holds the belief and it is simply being expressed to disparage Christians

Your words: "People with this mindset are the reason that AntiChrist will be capable of rallying enough support to control the world, institute his mark, and declare himself god...I implore you to try and keep a little piece of your heart open so that if it does happen in our lifetime changing your mind will still be an option. So that your mind isn't so averse to the possibility of the existence of our God that you will remain incapable of accepting him."

That's the reason for my scoffing tone.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Ofcause christian will accept the mark they are political conservatives/GOP voters by and large that means they like the status quo/capitalism.They dont want to lose their toys or any of their assets or loved ones.
Ofcause they dont really want the world to end. The God of the Gospels is kind of like Kim Jong Un he keeps threatening in the bible to end the world but never does hence 2012 passed without event we are still enjoying our toys & $$$. Christians least of all want to lose the world they are conservatives they like status quo they like their big$$$ tax exempt scams called Churches!. No World no churches thus no $$$ so by that estimation the world stays according to mainstream christians mick or prodie.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

What is your religious or belief system Druscilla. I have formed an image of you as a Hardcore Ufo skeptic debunker, if thats a religion then you are at the top of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i didn't live in nero's time so I'm not worried
edit on 7-4-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Having read the ops piece and the following postings very carefully, this can be stated:

The bible does not state that there will be a rapture, or what people think or believe to be such. Rather this concept comes from the 1830's by John Nelson Darby. Darby was an Anglo-Irish evangelist, who came to the new world, and was part of a conservative, Evangelical Christian movement, called the Plymouth Brethern. The breathern, were seem as having culting overtones, and more of a fellowship, with beliefs from different denominations of Christianity. And before him from the 17th century Puritans, and the writings of Phillip Doddridge, and John Gill in the commentaries of the new testament. The concept of the rapture came out from a close look at and study of, First Thessalonians, of the new testament. And that chapter was a letter to the church of Thessalonian, from Paul, Silvanus, and Timotheus, who were trying to keep the faith and give some indication as to why behind the how in the new faith to the people of that church.

The mark of the beast, that which tends to come up from time to time. It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

That is a direct translation that has not changed since the first translation from the Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest known bible in existence. Nor can we be sure exactly what that mark is. Some will tell you that it is a literal mark, while others will tell you that is is a symbolic mark and allegiance of thought and action. What is agreed on by a majority of biblican scholars, is that the mark will be a recognizable sign.

But there is also one other aspect that many fail to take into account, that being that numerology was a strong aspect back in the days that the bible was being written down.

The op has asked who would take the mark or give their head for eternal life, and the following can be stated:

While many will say no I won't or yes I will take it, we can not say for certain what all will happen or who will or will not, not even can we say for certain if what our actions will or will not do. Not even a Saint knew that their actions were saintly or goodly, until after their death.

So I would say I don't know if I would or would not take the mark, as it would have to go with what my gut feeling told me at the time. If it did not pass the test of common sense and reasoning, if it sounded too good to be true, probably not.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't hold your breath for the rapture. It is like ... 1950 years overdue (assuming that Jesus was 33 when he spoke the following + allowing 30 years for his "generation to pass")

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God." Luke 9:27

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." Luke 21:32

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:28

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
All of these dispensational beliefs are irrelevant to the majority of the worlds Catholics or evangelicals.
Because dispensationalism is not the majority Eschatological position in theology, Amillennialism is.
I know ats is mostly about the US. However what US bible thumpers dont seem to get through their skulls is that the rest of the christian world does not share their views on this issue.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join