It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Flying Wing from northrup Looks like b-2 any one know what it is ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I saw this air craft is a northrop advertisement about aerial surveillance this air craft should be shown at the royal international air tattoo 2005 at USAF/RAF fairford in england (where im from i go to this airshow every year mainly for the b-2) here is a pic its a US navy air craft ill get a bigger picture soon here is a website link for air tattoowww.airtattoo.com...

here

Looks so much like the b-2 only smaller

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was their too and have the programme

the aircraft is the X-47B UCAV Northrops partner to Boeings X-45 in the US UCAV programme

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
EDIT: Double posted some how? Sorry MODS please delete

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Popeye]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
thanks is this air craft going 2 be shown at the air tattoo2005 since im in the air cadets and we get to go the press day and meet all the pilots.
Also is there much secrecy over this aircraft because it looks very stealth and what is its main role in the US miltary ?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter1
thanks is this air craft going 2 be shown at the air tattoo2005 since im in the air cadets and we get to go the press day and meet all the pilots.
Also is there much secrecy over this aircraft because it looks very stealth and what is its main role in the US miltary ?

The X-47 is an expirmental covert strke aircraft. It is design to loiter in an area searching for targets, which it can attack with JDAM's or stand off missiles. To me it seems like it might be an unmanned sucessor for the F-117.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
cool thanks i remember a lot of sightings of baby b-2s that were reported i wonder if this is it

top topics

join