It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
INTJ

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I want to break it down your reply and see where I fit.

You seek recognition, ideally you want everyone in the room to be impressed.

100% me

You like when people specifically ask your help.

I do not mind helping people. It's just if I can see success and maybe get something in return like respect. There have been times I helped people and they just used me. I have that fear of becoming something of floor mat. To be walked on if I help people instead of helping myself.

You probably don't seek out attention as much as you wish it would seek you out.

True. I love getting out and meeting people. But I'm always at home most of the time.

You like people to be jealous of you.

Yes and no. I wouldn't care either way if someone was jealous of me. I just want to be successful in a since where I can have everything I have desired for in my life. People would naturally get jealous, but I wouldn't care. Like if I was rich I wouldn't care if people thought I had too much money to my name. You know what I'm saying.

You don't like when people try to evaluate how you feel, especially when you feel vulnerable you dislike when people are spot on on how or why you failed.

I guess. I do wish I had someone close who I can talk in my life. But I do like constructive criticism; even I'll visibly get upset about a mistake.

You don't like when people know more about something you are passionate in

Can someone truly know something more than someone else. I guess I will be jealous. But I'll just study as much I can and get hands on experience.

You can sense when people are trying to target you, but occasionally that even means perceiving someone as being offensive to you when they aren't.

I have those feelings at time. Like when I walk by someone and imagine that they're thinking of me in a negative way.

You may tell someone things about other people that aren't true, but you think are likely to be true and play them off as fact.

If I was a leader or someone who wanted to succeed against another person than I would do that. But I'm not that I wouldn't.

You get scared when you don't feel loved, and get scared when people discover your limitations. This fear can make you feel lousy but actually is a bit of a strength to threes if used properly.

I'm very jealous of what many people have in their lives. Like a proper family, money, power & influence, relationships, children, etc. But it gives me fuel to be ambitious to topple everyone and climb to the top.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I do not mind helping people. It's just if I can see success and maybe get something in return like respect. There have been times I helped people and they just used me. I have that fear of becoming something of floor mat. To be walked on if I help people instead of helping myself.

Exactly, you like being appreciated is what it comes down to. You like it when people depend on you, I'm sure you have had it before when you help someone enough and they come to you for advice, continued help, etc. But sure, of course you don't like being used! You are a three so it is dumping on your success!

Yes and no. I wouldn't care either way if someone was jealous of me. I just want to be successful in a since where I can have everything I have desired for in my life. People would naturally get jealous, but I wouldn't care. Like if I was rich I wouldn't care if people thought I had too much money to my name. You know what I'm saying.

This is helping me see what level three you are, good answer.

I guess. I do wish I had someone close who I can talk in my life. But I do like constructive criticism; even I'll visibly get upset about a mistake.

You like constructive criticism and probably even ask for it, but in the end if someone tells you what you are doing is sucky, especially if you put hard work into it, you get pretty down on yourself I am guessing? Many threes are typically pretty intimate with feelings. A lot of threes will end up putting on a face that doesn't show a lot of the negative emotions they have, but threes are actually usually very emotional. Threes need companionship more than other numbers. You probably hate the feeling of loneliness huh? Do you seek instant gratification a lot? That can be applied both socially and materialistically.

If I was a leader or someone who wanted to succeed against another person than I would do that. But I'm not that I wouldn't.

That's probably a good thing, again that helps me determine what level you are.

I think you are probably a 4th level, or at least close to 4th level 3. We'll work on wings next.

Here is a good three link I found. It's pretty good. link

Here is what they say about 4th level 3:

Level 4: Highly concerned with their performance, doing their job well, constantly driving self to achieve goals as if self-worth depends on it. Terrified of failure. Compare self with others in search for status and success. Become careerists, social climbers, invested in exclusivity and being the "best."

Let me know what you think.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Twix404 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2013 by Twix404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Alright I retook the test and did second test carefully. Here are my results:

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 7 wing Self-preservation variant
Type 8 SP
Type 3 SX
Type 1 SO
Type 4 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 2 SX
Type 6 SX
Type 5 SX
Type 9 SX
The list shows how likely it is that you are each enneagram type.

Most people will be the type at the top of the list, however, your actual personality type might be somewhat lower in it (usually it's in the top 3). Your instinctual variant is most likely the one indicated next to your actual type.

This is still confusing as I answer each question truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. I guess I'm a mix of 3 and 8.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I see that I'm closer to level 3

Level 3: Ambitious to improve themselves, to be "the best they can be"—often become outstanding, a human ideal, embodying widely admired cultural qualities. Highly effective: others are motivated to be like them in some positive way.

I can see myself in this entry.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well the 8 and 3 have some similarities but the 8 qualities that are shared with 3s are really more in a leadership sense, but not by motivation. An 8 desires more power, control, and gain. 8s bite off more than they can chew and have confidence that can sometimes be seen as cockiness and misplaced. 8s need authority and hate being controlled. They argue a lot, are demeaning to people who don't follow their beliefs. They are antagonistic and don't mind picking random fights if they think they can win it. 8s try to be manipulative and opposed to a 3 try to fix society, not themselves. 8s would rather control a game and tell everyone the rules whereas a 3 would probably try to do whatever it takes to win. 8s wings say they can be adventurous and virtuous, whereas a three's wings say they want to be helpful or noticed. From what I have seen, I still think you are a three, but it is possible you have an 8 arrow. An arrow just means that when you are in either a really good or bad mood you have that tendency... so maybe you feel more compelled and to be a leader and strive to be one when you are in a good mood... This would likely mean that when you feel lousy you would rather silently follow "not caring" and not be noticed that you are following.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I can see that. According to what you say and what I think I know, you are probably a level three 3 with maybe light 2 and 4 wings and an 8 arrow.

Your two and four wings, if they exist, would be what makes you want to help others and please people (2) and what would make you want people to know how you feel or get attention for things you do (4).

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Well the 8 and 3 have some similarities but the 8 qualities that are shared with 3s are really more in a leadership sense, but not by motivation.

I would love to be a leader in politics and business. But I would like to have control and be able to succeed without limits. I feel if I'm stuck under someone then I'll have to replace them and change the way they do things for the better.

An 8 desires more power, control, and gain. 8s bite off more than they can chew and have confidence that can sometimes be seen as cockiness and misplaced. 8s need authority and hate being controlled. They argue a lot, are demeaning to people who don't follow their beliefs. They are antagonistic and don't mind picking random fights if they think they can win it.

Yes, that is me with power. I am skeptical of others who do not hold my beliefs and would not respect my beliefs. Many would see me as the bad guy even though I feel I must take charge and do what could be consider unpopular. I am not afraid to be confrontational or critical of someone for the smallest thing.

8s try to be manipulative and opposed to a 3 try to fix society, not themselves. 8s would rather control a game and tell everyone the rules whereas a 3 would probably try to do whatever it takes to win.

I would love to fix society for the better, but I would look to fix myself before anyone else. I'm more of a controlling person, but I'll do whatever it takes to win. I feel safer if I have control or some influence in how the game is played out.

8s wings say they can be adventurous and virtuous, whereas a three's wings say they want to be helpful or noticed.

I'm a mix here. As I mentioned I love both business and politics. It's an adventure, but I do like helping people when it will show positive results. Where I can become noticed and popular.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Interesting.... Well, again, I think you are probably a three, but it would probably take further analysis and a list of questions I would have to ask you in order to get any more of a vibe from you. And tbh, I have lots of physics homework I have been procrastinating

So I am going to call it a day--for now at least. The best way to approach this is to learn about the enneagram and try to figure yourself out. The hardest part is doing it without bias, but it's possible to learn quite a bit about people through the Enneagram. Lots of interesting things can be discovered about what type of relationships you would be good in, what jobs would fit you, even things like hobbies and political beliefs can be predicted to a point with the Enneagram.

Hope I have helped you learn at least something about yourself perhaps, I wish you luck. I'm always willing to give any knowledge or advice I may have if you ask.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I still have to learn and probably look at more like I did the MBTI. Before I never understood what the MBTI was till I looked into it. But anyway thanks again. Take care.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For those who are in a hurry and/or don't have the patience for the other tests...here is a very short personality test...with the (Myers-Briggs) results and interpretations.

Link: www.usefulcharts.com...

By the way...I am a ISFJ.

edit on 19-3-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ISFJ Also

Very accurate reading of who I am I think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join