It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have been taking numerous free versions of the MBTI online. All of my results are the same: ENTJ. Which I find very awesome and accurate about my character. I want to see what other members on ATS get with the results. I will link the test I have already done. You do not have to do them all.
Test Links

Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
You have to sign up with Facebook for the fourth test, but it's worth it.

About
About entry on MBTI

Based on the answers to the questions on the inventory, people are identified as having one of 16 personality types. The goal of the MBTI is to allow respondents to further explore and understand their own personalities including their likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, possible career preferences and compatibility with other people. No one personality type is "best" or "better" than any other one. It isn't a tool designed to look for dysfunction or abnormality. Instead, its goal is simply to help you learn more about yourself.

Four dichotomies
Celeb Types About

Have you ever wondered what does different letters mean? Well here is the explanation.

Extraversion (E) - Introversion (I): The extraversion-introversion dichotomy was first explored by Jung in his theory of personality types as a way to describe how people respond and interact with the world around them. While these terms are familiar to most people, the way in which they are used here differs somewhat from their popular usage. Extraverts are "outward-turning" and tend to be action-oriented, enjoy more frequent social interaction and feel energized after spending time with other people. Introverts are "inward-turning" and tend to be thought-oriented, enjoy deep and meaningful social interactions and feel recharged after spending time alone. We all exhibit extraversion and introversion to some degree, but most of us tend have an overall preference for one or the other.

Sensing (S) - Intuition (N): This scale involves looking at how people gather information from the world around them. Just like with extraversion and introversion, all people spend some time sensing and intuiting depending on the situation. According to the MBTI, people tend be dominant in one area or the other. People who prefer sensing tend to pay a great deal of attention to reality, particularly to what they can learn from their own senses. They tend to focus on facts and details and enjoy getting hands-on experience. Those who prefer intuition pay more attention to things like patterns and impressions. They enjoy thinking about possibilities, imagining the future and abstract theories.

Thinking (T) - Feeling (F): This scale focuses on how people make decisions based on the information that they gathered from their sensing or intuition functions. People who prefer thinking place a greater emphasis on facts and objective data. They tend to be consistent, logical and impersonal when weighing a decision. Those to prefer feeling are more likely to consider people and emotions when arriving at a conclusion.

Judging (J) - Perceiving (P): The final scale involves how people tend to deal with the outside world. Those who lean toward judging prefer structure and firm decisions. People who lean toward perceiving are more open, flexible and adaptable. These two tendencies interact with the other scales. Remember, all people at least spend some time extraverting. The judging-perceiving scale helps describe whether you extravert when you are taking in new information (sensing and intuiting) or when you are making decisions (thinking and feeling).

My results being ENTJ (Extroverted, Intuition, Thinking, Judging). Gives me this information about my type.
ENTJ Source

ENTJ s are charismatic, strategic, effective and ambitious individuals. They naturally gravitate towards positions of leadership because of their strong ability to convince people. Their skills in debate and reasoning are second to none and through their energetic and decisive appearance people around them feel compelled to follow their lead. They are social, goal oriented and highly effective people who know what they want, how to get it and who to employ and there is little that can keep the ENTJ from achieving their goals. This is why the ENTJ is often described as the most likely to succeed. The ENTJ is the poster child for our ideal of the General, without whom strategy, action and sweeping global change would vanish from society.

Types Of Famous People
Famous ENTJ
Fieldmarshal
Numerous celebrities, leaders, etc also have types. Many are believed to be most likely to be a certain type and others have done the test themselves and shared their results. The ENTJ type has: Leaders and politicians Napoleon Bonaparte, Margaret Thatcher, Karl Rove, Al Gore, Golda Meir, Julius Caesar, and Dick Cheney; Business and economics Bill Gates and Jack Welch; Scientist Carl Sagan. There are countless others. But since ENTJ's are a small minority there is a limited number of famous ENTJ's.

Whatever type you receive I hope you share it with everyone and your thoughts on your type.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
These have been around for decades, often given as a "fun" exercise in high school Sorry you haven't seen it before now and glad you are enjoying your exposure to it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
These have been around for decades, often given as a "fun" exercise in high school Sorry you haven't seen it before now and glad you are enjoying your exposure to it.

You're right! It's fun! But I want to see other members results. I never took the official test before.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've taken the meyers-briggs test before, quite interesting to say the least. I'm an INTJ which makes me happy to say the least

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi op

I done the test for fun
I am ENTJ
Horrified that im the same as Bill Gates and STALIN!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
INTP here. Life's Problem Solvers. Extremely accurate.

By the way, when Jung was coming up with the system, he based in on Astrology. It is basically Astrology recast in a way that made it more palatible for modern times.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

If so I cannot believe that. I'm not a huge fan of astrology. To me it's all fake.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I am also ENTJ. Let me say to you, this test is... ok... but that is all. It is... sufficient one might say. But if you want to really begin to understand people and correlate relations people have with each other, if you really want to begin to know yourself I suggest you take a look at something called the Enneagram.

I beliebe you will be much more pleased with yourself. I could give you a link of an online test for you but honestly, from what I have experienced, nothing free will give you results that you couldn't just suppose on your own knowledge. Most of the enneagram results come with understanding what each type is, what motivates them, and what the strengths and weaknesses of each are, knowing things like arrows and wings, levels to a type of each number. It's quite complicated but much more successful and more practical.

Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I would love to take the test. Please post the link amigo.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Weeeeeeeeell ok I suppose.

link

But remember, the free tests that I have seen are a bit iffy. But if you want, you can post what this test tells you and I can give you further analysis and offer my knowledge of the numbers and how to interpret it if you wish. I'm pretty good at figuring people out, so maybe we can together figure out your enneagram numbers. Take the linked test first and we'll go from there if you want.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Alright I took the test you linked. I did the first one. However, I do not understand my results.

You are most likely a type 1. Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 3w4 or 8w7.
It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.
(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 1 - 12.7
Type 3 - 12
Type 8 - 12
Type 6 - 10.3
Type 4 - 8
Type 7 - 7.7
Type 2 - 4.3
Type 9 - 2.3

Wing 3w4 - 16
Wing 8w7 - 15.9
Wing 1w2 - 14.9
Wing 3w2 - 14.2
Wing 6w7 - 14.2
Wing 4w3 - 14
Wing 1w9 - 13.9
Wing 7w8 - 13.7
Wing 8w9 - 13.2
Wing 7w6 - 12.9
Wing 6w5 - 11.3
Wing 2w1 - 10.7
Wing 2w3 - 10.3
Wing 4w5 - 9
Wing 9w1 - 8.7
Wing 9w8 - 8.3

Can you help me understand my results.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Phoenix267 because: Edit

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

When you took the test did you answer more as how you want to be, or how realistically you would be?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I did everything as honestly as I could. Some of the questions were confusing because I didn't know the definition of a word in the sentence being used. But I looked up the meaning of the words and did the best to my knowledge in finishing answering the question.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Type 1 - 12.7
Type 3 - 12
Type 8 - 12

Wing 3w4 - 16
Wing 8w7 - 15.9
Wing 1w2 - 14.9
Wing 3w2 - 14.2
Wing 6w7 - 14.2
Wing 4w3 - 14

I will focus on these results in particular. 3 pops up a fair bit, with maybe hints of 2, 7 and 8. Knowing that you are "ENTJ" doesn't actually help much, but you said that the description you provided fit pretty well... So I can only take guesses from here.

First I will help you by saying a bit about the enneagram. It is a test that more or less helps explain motives behind why certain people do certain things. From that you can figure out lots, and I mean lots, about who they are. Why they think the things they do and what causes them to act on certain things. The enneagram is like a circle, and each number is closely related to the next and previous number on the circle, but each number isn't really that close to the numbers that are two or more away.

For example, a 4 may share a lot of commonalities with either the 3 or 5 type but not the 2 or 6 type. The cricle is a loop that starts at 1 and goes to 9, so in this case, 1 and 9 are close as well, just like a 1 is with 2 and a 9 is with 8.

Make any bit of sense so far?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

It's starting to make sense as I read your replies and other information online. I would see that types 1, 3, and 8 match me perfectly.
Type 1

People of this personality type are essentially looking to make things better, as they think nothing is ever quite good enough. This makes them perfectionists who desire to reform and improve; idealists who strive to make order out of the omnipresent chaos.

I have had a lot of chaos through out my life and I'm not afraid to make drastic changes for the better. Also I'm very interested in business and economics. Seeing the mess the economy is in I want to make a change for the better.

Type 3

People of this personality type need to be validated in order to feel worthy; they pursue success and want to be admired. They are frequently hard working, competetive and are highly focused in the pursuit of their goals, whether their goal is to be the most successful salesman in the company or the "sexiest" woman in their social circle. They are often "self-made" and usually find some area in which they can excel and thus find the external approbation which they so desperately need. Threes are socially competent, often extroverted, and sometimes charismatic. They know how to present themselves, are self-confident, practical, and driven. Threes have a lot of energy and often seem to embody a kind of zest for life that others find contagious. They are good networkers who know how to rise through the ranks. But, while Threes do tend to succeed in whatever realm they focus their energies, they are often secretly afraid of being or becoming "losers."

Again this is very like my own character. I'm always looking to be a successful person.

Type 8

People of this personality type are essentially unwilling to be controlled, either by others or by their circumstances; they fully intend to be masters of their fate. Eights are strong willed, decisive, practical, tough minded and energetic. They also tend to be domineering; their unwillingness to be controlled by others frequently manifests in the need to control others instead. When healthy, this tendency is kept under check, but the tendency is always there, nevertheless, and can assume a central role in the Eight's interpersonal relationships.

I'm one person who is strong a individual. I do not follow the crowd or try to buy into anything popular.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Based on what you are saying, I would assume you are likely a three. Threes are the ones that base most of what they do off of what makes them successful. So basically you are probably constantly asking yourself, whether you realize it or not, "Is what I am doing going to advance me in some way?" This means in school you think that other people who get better grades are "better" than you. It frustrates to see that someone who puts less effort in what you do yields better results according to other people. It also frustrates you when you see someone get a grade that they probably just didn't deserve. If you are a three, you probably have no problem bragging but in a more subtle way than others. It would be likely that you make people feel inferior at times without you even meaning to. Some people call it intimidation, but you would probably rather describe it as respect.

Is this hitting home at all? If it is or if I am close let me know, I'll keep going if you want. Also, keep in mind I have not gotten to arrows yet, and though I am describing a 3 I am describing multiple levels of what a 3 is and some people only fit into a small part of one number, even if they for sure belong to that number.

This is why it is so complex, but generally yields very good results. All I need from you is explicit detail in your thoughts. Tell me what I say is spot on, and what is totally off. I need to know why I am right, partially right, or wrong on everything I say to the best of your ability. If you don't know why I am right or wrong, tell me, but try to say what you know.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Based on what you are saying, I would assume you are likely a three. Threes are the ones that base most of what they do off of what makes them successful. So basically you are probably constantly asking yourself, whether you realize it or not, "Is what I am doing going to advance me in some way?" This means in school you think that other people who get better grades are "better" than you. It frustrates to see that someone who puts less effort in what you do yields better results according to other people. It also frustrates you when you see someone get a grade that they probably just didn't deserve. If you are a three, you probably have no problem bragging but in a more subtle way than others. It would be likely that you make people feel inferior at times without you even meaning to. Some people call it intimidation, but you would probably rather describe it as respect.

YES!!! You hit the nail on the head. That's just like me in person. I'm an ambitious individual who wants nothing more to be looked up too and have what everyone else has; maybe even more than them. Awesome.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

PHEW... I'm fairly good at this but every once in a while someone is just like "uhhhh noo. Not at all. Thanks?" Heheheh

Then I will try to continue and see if you have any wings or arrows. I think I will continue with a general three description though and see if maybe I can figure out your level maybe. (this is good practice by the way, thanks)

OK. Again, be honest so we can figure this out. Threes are good at image. This goes in two directions. Some threes can just kind of fit in with lots of different people, even if they don't even like them. Threes are kind of morphic in social abilities, or at least they generally have the potential to be. Three's sometimes will try to keep some type of image of who they are to impress the people they resect. Threes often find the successful traits in others and then kind of "adapt" those traits. These can be things as simple as a laugh or speech pattern, or word that they like but can be as complex and large as something like what profession they pursue or even what type of mate. They will take bits and pieces from other people that they admire and then form their own kind of individuality from it. Usually this works out pretty well with a three's friends, and they will keep what they obtain from other people if there is general approval in the three.

Sounding ok? Or am I getting away from how you are?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

No, it's sounding o.k. In fact it's perfect. It's weird but I like it. Thanks again amigo.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Ok I'm not trying to win a poetry contest so I am just going to kind of list things from here on out and breifly explain what I mean. Feel free to ask for clarification.

You seek recognition, ideally you want everyone in the room to be impressed. You like when people specifically ask your help. You probably don't seek out attention as much as you wish it would seek you out. You like people to be jealous of you. You don't like when people try to evaluate how you feel, especially when you feel vulnerable you dislike when people are spot on on how or why you failed. You don't like when people know more about something you are passionate in. You can sense when people are trying to target you, but occasionally that even means perceiving someone as being offensive to you when they aren't. You may tell someone things about other people that aren't true, but you think are likely to be true and play them off as fact. You get scared when you don't feel loved, and get scared when people discover your limitations. This fear can make you feel lousy but actually is a bit of a strength to threes if used properly.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Twix404 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join