It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use The Search Feature!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a short rant about (several) threads that were made today about President Obama looking like an actor that is playing Satan in a fictional TV series.

Ok...I can understand why you would want to make a thread about it...but please use the search feature before you do!

Today this subject has been like a broken record; and I am weary of it!

USE THE SEARCH feature on ATS...people!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Don't be too harsh on them. The new search isn't good.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah I am guilty myself of posting duplicate threads, sometimes even when you search a number of key words it wont show up, just depends on the headline. I am sure people dont do it deliberately.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If you are not paying for the data charges or whatever storage or whatever of this website, I do not see why it should bother you. Just like if you see a thread title you may not be interested in, simply dont click on it. But to come on here with this authoritarian overtone is a bit of a turn off to be honest.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
MODS, don't know if this has been posted yet, if so please delete it....

I don't know HOW many times I see this starting out a post.

If the search function is that hard to use maybe someone should make a post on how to use it right.....

And maybe there is one because I didn't use the search function to check...

It isn't just on that topic either there are like 10 posts for sooooooo many topics.

It gets really irritating.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

I have heard that...for me it works fine. I am not angry at all...just slightly annoyed; and that is what this (rant forum) is for...we get to be a little grouchy once in a while.

edit on 18-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Those Obama/Satan threads were popping up like nobodies business alright.
I thought it was just me that thinks that the new search is not the best.
You often have to really search through results to find what you requested.
The search facility needs a search facility

I don't like it,
So I don't.
There I said it.
Of course the good folks at ATS won't mind me saying that one little bit.

Excuse me, there are some dark suited gentlemen at the door,
Back in a .................

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Yeah I am guilty myself of posting duplicate threads, sometimes even when you search a number of key words it wont show up, just depends on the headline. I am sure people dont do it deliberately.

That is true...sometimes threads can cross over each other...sometimes I think people are so anxious to get out what they want to say...they forget to use (search) to see if the topic is already created.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
If you are not paying for the data charges or whatever storage or whatever of this website, I do not see why it should bother you. Just like if you see a thread title you may not be interested in, simply dont click on it. But to come on here with this authoritarian overtone is a bit of a turn off to be honest.

You are certainly entitled to view my rant any way you want to...I don't mind; take care.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yeah if people dont bother using search first to check then its a different story!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
MODS, don't know if this has been posted yet, if so please delete it....

I don't know HOW many times I see this starting out a post.

If the search function is that hard to use maybe someone should make a post on how to use it right.....

And maybe there is one because I didn't use the search function to check...

It isn't just on that topic either there are like 10 posts for sooooooo many topics.

It gets really irritating.

You get my point...it can be irritating at times. This is my first rant on ATS.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Yeah if people dont bother using search first to check then its a different story!

Usually when ( many repeated same subject threads) happen in one day; I ignore them and just keep reading and posting; but today it was annoying; and ATS has provided a (rant forum) so we can express ourselves when something bothers us; today this was bothering me.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The old search was great.

I don't use the new one.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Don't these imbeciles check the firehose before posting?
We all know the new search is crap but come on the same thing is all over the firehose.
I'm with you o.p. it has been annoying me all day too.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTimeisNigh
The old search was great.

I don't use the new one.

Although the new (search feature) on ATS does work for me; I liked the old one better too; I wish they would bring it back.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you had used the search feature you would have seen that "you should have used the search feature"

Just joking,

I agree, still I'm guilty of it myself..............can't search every word. Besides in "THE RULES" are you not meant to paste the headline as it appears? Sometimes news agency's devise all kinds of re-worded headlines.................can't search em all? But I get ya.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I still use ask.abovetopsecret.com
It still works!

I hope this isn't a violation of T&C?

The whole Satan/Obama thing though, yeah, it's a bit much. I've lost count of the number of threads I've seen pop up on that topic alone.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Don't these imbeciles check the firehose before posting?
We all know the new search is crap but come on the same thing is all over the firehose.
I'm with you o.p. it has been annoying me all day too.

I do appreciate the fact that you agree with me; that the repeated threads today about President Obama looking like Satan is annoying....

However...I really do not like the fact that you called people on here (imbeciles); because they are not.

I respect the other members of ATS and I do not like name calling.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
While I respect your right to rant, did you check the search to see if there were similar threads about using the search? I see at least one a month...at least, and it is getting annoying.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
While I respect your right to rant, did you check the search to see if there were similar threads about using the search? I see at least one a month...at least, and it is getting annoying.

..Yes...you do have a point...but I needed to rant!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join