For sale: Buzz Aldrin's 1969 guide to landing on the moon

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So Buzz Aldrin is to sell the instruction sheets he used during the first Moon landing.

Source

The notes were part of Aldrin's own manual used while Armstrong piloted the Lunar Module Eagle towards the Moon in 1969. Also included in the sale is a second-by-second account by Aldrin of the fraught final minutes as the Module approached the surface of the moon. It reveals that the first words spoken on the surface were "Contact Light", spoken by Aldrin to confirm touch down.

He is able to sell due to a change in the law last year which now allows astronauts to retain legal ownership of items they have kept from missions.

The instruction sheets are to be sold in Bonham's New York on March 25th.

I think it would be pretty cool to own this little piece of history, doubt I could afford it tho

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Coming soon... on History Channel's Pawn Stars

(god what a stupid show that is...)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

OMG it would be awesome to see him try to sell it on hardcore pawn

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So Buzz Aldrin is to sell the instruction sheets he used during the first Moon landing.

That's nothing...the guy took Communion on the moon - selling out happened a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Makes you wonder why he needs the money?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

OK, I'm slow (or ignorant). Why is he a traitor to all humanity?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Shouldn't the Air and Space Museum in D.C. get first crack at buying these, to be put on display? It's too bad they're going to go into someone's private collection, to be seen and handled by a guy and his friends. On the other hand, I'd take the material in two lunar heartbeats and happily horde it (doesn't make it right though). Buzz, think of the children!!! Or at least the Trekkies.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join