It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustration with your comments about 9/11!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Especially in the run up to the election, I keep hearing
'Bush has kept us safer, how many Americans have died in terrorist bombings since 9/11?'

PLEASE PEOPLE! How many Americans died at the hand of Al-Qaeda BEFORE 9/11??? NONE!
It was a one off terrorist attack. Bush has not kept you safer, it is just a continuation of normality.
In fact, now there are Americans being killed nearly daily in Iraq and Afghanistan, and even more previously passive people actively hate America with a passion, and given the chance, I'm sure they'll kill plenty.. They are attacking troops in Iraq predominantely because they want to 'free Iraq' from the 'infidels' and it's much easier to attack people when they are nearer to you!

Bush has made America much less secure since 9/11....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Especially in the run up to the election, I keep hearing
'Bush has kept us safer, how many Americans have died in terrorist bombings since 9/11?'

PLEASE PEOPLE! How many Americans died at the hand of Al-Qaeda BEFORE 9/11??? NONE!

Wow, you seem to have forgotten about the first WTC bombing, the bombing of the American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the attack on the U.S. Cole.

The issue is not whether we should be fighting terrorism at all, but rather what is the best method to combat terrorism. Is the Iraq war going to be effective in the long run?

That is the issue.

As it stands now, Bush�s steadfast refusal to even examine the question of whether his policies are working or not is a major concern.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I thought this site was about denying ignorance?

Hundreds of foreigners and westerners have died over the years before 9/11 at the hands of muslims TERRORISTS. Note I do not emphasis Muslim in this. To me they are terrorists who usually happen to be Muslims. If they were IRA who usually did these attacks I would say Irish TERRORISTS.

Although AQ is a manifestation of a very loose coalition of groups, thier collective leading membership have been attacking the west, particularly Americans for years.

The difference was 9/11 changed the balance. The relative handfuls of deaths each year were often seen as the cost of doing business and being out there in the world, without becoming a Nanny Nation. The thousands killed in the space of 90 minutes changed that. The realisation that tolerance of terrorism was no longer acceptable.....and its escalated from there.

In WW2 the Allies were relucant to begin a bombing campaign just after Poland. For months allied airmen risked thier lives over Germany dropping leafets telling Germans Hitler was bad news and so was war. When it was clear the Germans had no such qualms the allies responded as best they could, with the tools at hand.

This is not to belittle the loss of innocent life in the warzones (I couldnt give a rats about the insurgents and terrorists) but please acknowledge the fact this isnt a new thing since 9/11. It was really something that was within most peoples comfort zone and registered less than most peoples knowledge of sports and enterainment events. It was a massive escalation on the part of a representative terrorist organisation that sparked this war, and while appalling widespread advantage has been taken of it, it had to be fought.

Safer does not mean the absence of threat in the real world. It means doing your best to keep it at bay.

As the IRA said to the UK security chief after the 1984 Brighton Hotel Bombing, when they killed dozens, but missed thier target, PM Margaret Thatcher....."Your problem is you have to be lucky all the time...We only have to be lucky once"

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Browha, you know that the only reason the comment on 9/11 is been used is for political gain.

The "American safer now" motto is a political logo and motto, and is the main political campaign line for the Republican so that is the reason we have been feed the comments on and on. Nevertheless, it will be over after tomorrow and then not body will care anymore. The hypocrisy of it is just to die for it.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry but,

I was one who sided with our president the days following the attacks of September 11th 2001, at the time i never felt so much patriotic pride. He exploited our country's unity by invading a country based on poor intelligence, a country that has never attacked us and posed no immediate security threat to our nation.

The results direction our president chose, a misguided direction with the substance of our unity has turned America into a country completely divided.

I can't believe nobody else feels this way. Sure J.Kerry and 70% of country supported the war in Iraq, we we're truely unified under one nation where it didnt matter if you were rep or dem.

Now look at how divided we are thanks to our President

top topics

join