It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Has Picked Up Operation Inaction - Begins April 1, 2013!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Operation Inaction is gaining momentum people! Anonymous has been sharing the message via their own video, but I wanted to share the main information here. Now's the time! Change through peaceful protest!

"If you want to change the policies of this Country toward its people and how it operates globally with its threat of violence - because this beast is the real terrorist of the world - you can do it in a month's time and do it without any violence whatsoever.

All that's necessary is to do absolutely nothing - don't fly - don't drive or ride a bus or even a subway. Don't leave your home to go to work or shopping - don't send your kids to school - don't pay your bills - don't do anything. Organize beforehand - stock up on food and water and if you take medications get at least a months supply. If you are a health care provider - a nurse or doctor - don't go back to your normal duties because once you have all shut down and are not doing your normal activities the beast will be forced to send in its military personnel to staff regular civilian duties until they end the Country's strike - but in order to bring this beast to its knees you will need the vast majority of people to follow suit. In one weeks time - just 7 days of no activity the President will be urging every American to go back to work and their normal activities - in two weeks time he will be begging you - and in one month the government will be in such dire strait they will be willing to listen to the people's voice - and that's when the spokesmen of the sit-in - strike or whatever you want to call it will be in a position to force this beast to change its policies. All done without firing a shot or any kind of violence - simply unify and DO NOTHING until the beast is brought to its knees by your inaction."

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-3-2013 by peaceful1oflove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Facebook link for those who wish to "like" OI and follow.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think anyone will bother with this. As an Anonymous member myself I don't think I could do it because I use the bus on a daily basis to go to school. Many other members would agree with me. I HIGHLY DOUBT the president would care either.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Your video link is not working.

Doing this will likely result in unemployment, reduced credit, and probably a start on becoming homeless through the process of foreclosure.

More likely, this is just an early April Fool's Day joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kivi821
I don't think anyone will bother with this. As an Anonymous member myself I don't think I could do it because I use the bus on a daily basis to go to school. Many other members would agree with me. I HIGHLY DOUBT the president would care either.
And this right there is why it will fail

It looks good on Facebook, but will never work IRL, as people have way to much to loose, it's the face of fear.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What exact changes are they atempting to cause ?

You can't have change without some idea what you want that change to be. Ohh bad politicians , yes we all already agree about that but replace them with what, exactly.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceful1oflove

I agree with the anti-consumerism message, but to have necessary personnel such as doctors and nurses staying home in protest? This could mess up a whole lot of stuff. It's a long enough wait to get important tests done and this would create a huge back log. I also wouldn't want to be the woman who goes into labor on this day and shows up at the hospital to learn that she's on her own.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Your video link is not working.

Doing this will likely result in unemployment, reduced credit, and probably a start on becoming homeless through the process of foreclosure.

More likely, this is just an early April Fool's Day joke.

Thanks! I'm still new to this and am not sure how to post it.

This is NOT an April Fool's Day joke. In order to make progress you have to be willing to risk something. What are YOU willing to do?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Actually this is the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.
Just don't do things life doesn't require like buying stuff you don't need other then stuff to survive don't spend a dime.
Don't pay your bills? Who are you supposed to effect doing that? Don't go to work? Who again will that effect?
For a month.
Right
Anyone doing this which won't be me must not be living week to week like me.

I'm looking for a good job so go ahead stay home and I will have one.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks much Manhater!
Peace to you!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Awesome. Anon seems to have picked up on something some of us have been saying for years. That we vote with our wallets and our willing participation in society... not with ballots. That is the modern reality. Ballots are easily manipulated as it's common knowledge that it's not the votes - but who counts them - that matters.

But economics? Totally different story. It's the ballad of New Coke in practice. Coke changed their formula - whether we liked it or not, some years ago now. They started off by saying that old Coke was dead - and that was that.

People stopped buying Coke.

Coke then came out with Coke "Classic".

People only bought Coke Classic.

Now? Now new Coke is a bit of history that Coke works hard to try and erase.

People voted with their wallets and participation and got what they wanted.

The way to change the world is to get everyone to simply opt-out for a week or two. If the vast majority of people could be called upon to forsake their immediate concerns and simply refuse to play the game for just a few days? It would all change.

Sick of $4.00 a gallon gas? Imagine how quick it would go back to $2.00 if we all boycotted the product long enough for a board of directors to see several massive loss days in a row. They'd cave.

That applies to everything.

Folks argue and say that they cannot afford to do this. I counter, in the big picture, most of us cannot afford not to.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Actually this is the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.
Just don't do things life doesn't require like buying stuff you don't need other then stuff to survive don't spend a dime.
Don't pay your bills? Who are you supposed to effect doing that? Don't go to work? Who again will that effect?
For a month.
Right
Anyone doing this which won't be me must not be living week to week like me.

I'm looking for a good job so go ahead stay home and I will have one.

It's like a general strike, but without the angry people in the streets. If you close the country down, don't you think SOMEONE will notice? The average person has a lot more power than they think they do. If we band together, we are STRONGER!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This is NOT an April Fool's Day joke.

I remember when the bank approved me for Obama's Making Homes Affordable Program.
My first payment was due on April 1st.
My money was electronically returned on April 6th followed by a letter I got in the mail a few days later telling me I wasn't approved for the program after all.
The bank celebrates this holiday evidently. Screw them and their sick jokes!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Awesome. Anon seems to have picked up on something some of us have been saying for years. That we vote with our wallets and our willing participation in society... not with ballots. That is the modern reality. Ballots are easily manipulated as it's common knowledge that it's not the votes - but who counts them - that matters.

But economics? Totally different story. It's the ballad of New Coke in practice. Coke changed their formula - whether we liked it or not, some years ago now. They started off by saying that old Coke was dead - and that was that.

People stopped buying Coke.

Coke then came out with Coke "Classic".

People only bought Coke Classic.

Now? Now new Coke is a bit of history that Coke works hard to try and erase.

People voted with their wallets and participation and got what they wanted.

The way to change the world is to get everyone to simply opt-out for a week or two. If the vast majority of people could be called upon to forsake their immediate concerns and simply refuse to play the game for just a few days? It would all change.

Sick of $4.00 a gallon gas? Imagine how quick it would go back to $2.00 if we all boycotted the product long enough for a board of directors to see several massive loss days in a row. They'd cave.

That applies to everything.

Folks argue and say that they cannot afford to do this. I counter, in the big picture, most of us cannot afford not to.

Exactly. Well said my friend! It's so simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kivi821

Ever heard of the words "Solidarity" and the idiom "Unity is strength"?
You are so wrong and that's what is wrong with the whole society for being in Sleeping Beauty stasis not giving a single fkuc

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I agree with the anti-consumerism message, but to have necessary personnel such as doctors and nurses staying home in protest? This could mess up a whole lot of stuff. It's a long enough wait to get important tests done and this would create a huge back log. I also wouldn't want to be the woman who goes into labor on this day and shows up at the hospital to learn that she's on her own.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

The government could bring in the military to assist.

We all will do what we can in the areas we can. Preparation and cooperation among neighbors, family and friends are going to be key to making it work for everyone who stays home. What we DON'T want is violence.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is a fantastic idea and if implemented could result in great and positive changes in our country. However, it's not going to reach enough ears and anyone who attempts this will just ruin their lives. I'm already living paycheck to paycheck and if I tried to do this, I would probably get turned out on the street.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That's what I'm worried about.
I don't think it's smart to initiate something that causes the government to bring in the military to take over.
It's like this would play right into the government's hands and bring about their agenda more swiftly.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Friend

Do you recall the movement to not shop on the day after Thanksgiving? One day a year, that's all. One day a year.
How much traction has that received? I got on board with that one back in the late sixties when it was first suggested and I have not shopped on that day for over forty years. So what.

Do you remember the Union Seventy Six oil spill in the Santa Barbara Channel in what was it, 67? The word went out to boycott the big orange ball, and I did.Let's punish them for their lack of safety procedures. I haven't bought gas from them in almost 50 years. And so what.

Do you remember the almond boycott of blue diamond almonds? NO body buy blue diamond and we can force them to adopt more humane practices for their pickers. Or the great grape boycott to support the grape pickers which went on for years. I didn't eat a grape for a decade.

How about the big general strike of 34 in support of the west coast dockworkers. Before my time but not my grandfathers. He filled me with tales of the power of the people when they stand united. Well may be back then, these tactics might have been successful had every one gotten on board, but guess what. They didn't.

Do you remember the movement to only buy American? Now there was one of the everybody on board movements which could appeal to both liberals and conservatives alike. Where did that get us??

These "if only everybody" actions are nice dreams. They would work except for just one thing. Everybody hasn't. So far.

I once believed a lot of that message. If everybody if everybody if everybody. It is an old mantra. Thing is though is that it is divisive. When it doesn't work, the blame can be placed on those who didn't get on board or on oneself for not working hard enough to get the message out. If you are like me, you do not like blaming other people which leaves the option of blaming yourself, and take my word for it, that is a guilt trip no one needs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join