It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we Rest in Peace when we're never at rest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nothing in the universe is at rest. Quantum Mechanics tells us everything is in constant motion. Energy never dies it just changes from one form into another.

So when people say Rest in Peace, the truth is nothing ever rests.

I personally believe that everything is an entangled quantum state in a state of decoherence. Coherent states get entangled on a quantum level. Then when they reach a quantum/classical threshold these coherent states decohere into one state or the other.

So there's a pure state of superposition and a mixed state of superposition. At death we return to a pure state of superposition.

Say you have an entangled particle pair. Particle A and Particle B. A would be in a pure state of superposition spin up/spin down while particle B will be in a pure state of superposition spin down/spin up. When a measurement occurs this pure state will decohere into particle A spin up and particle B spin down.

Classical objects are in a mixed state of superposition therefore there isn't any interference patterns and the classical object is under the illusion of separation from the whole.

This describes birth to death. When we're born this is the initial state of decoherence. The quantum state is held in decoherence. At death the quantum state is released and returns to a pure state of superposition. So it's a cycle of pure state ----> mixed state ----> pure state.

In the Matrix, you had programs that could write more programs that would experience the matrix. This may happen if we ever create intelligent programs that can replicate new programs. In reality, I think instead of programs you have quantum states that decohere and become conscious experiences for a time and then they return to a pure coherent state.

So at death, the quantum state is no longer held in a state of decoherence. This is why people are more aware and they're not bound by space time during near death experiences. This is because they're going from a mixed state of decoherence to a pure state of superposition.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Woah... I think you are waaaaaaaay over-thinking this. The phrase is simply a prayer that one may find peace after death.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

There is a place of rest. When you find it you will have found the final resting place that each seeker is seeking. Sanctuary is not found in the world. One must return home - to source.
There's no place like home.

It is not just at death that this is pure state of oneness is alone - in deep sleep it is pure and when there appears there is something else on waking, it is mixed. It is like a medium that is still and the waves happen, then it goes still and then there are waves........

edit on 19-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yes, but after you're death, biologically spoken, you have no consciousness, than there is no you anymore. You're body has become cosmic dust.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Yes, but after you're death, biologically spoken, you have no consciousness, than there is no you anymore. You're body has become cosmic dust.

It truly confounds me that people still believe that consciousness is just a biological process.
edit on 19-3-2013 by HarryTZ because: N/A

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Enlighten me and proof me it's not. I am open

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
While I am resting my heart is beating and blood is running around my veins. I suppose no muscletension means rest.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

surely you've heard of "never speak ill of the dead?

Well, saying rest in peace is basically forgiving them for any bad feelings you've had towards them.

Whenever the deceased are thought of they know ( energy ) and to think ill of them torments them in the afterlife.

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" because we all do unto each other unto eternity.

The souls of many people will never be at rest.

It's all about harmony / serenity / osmosis and a persons karma so to speak is determined by how harmonized you are with the spirits in your life

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

It truly confounds me that people still believe that consciousness is just a biological process.
edit on 19-3-2013 by HarryTZ because: N/A

then ask them where a thought comes from? Inspiration? Intuitiveness?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well I guess I will just skip ahead of what you're proposing with a proposition of my own; what if on earth we are functioning at a very low density, while our spirit functions at a high density. Hypothetically speaking, if matter was packed into a space of high enough density then those particles wouldn't actually be in motion at all, they would indeed be resting at peace.

So take this into consideration; what if this material plane we live on is in an incredibly low density, and heaven or whatever you wish to call it operates on an incredibly high density, a density so high that we are a part of their matter although we can not even perceive it, and they would be operating from a frame so large that they wouldn't even notice us, our universe could indeed be the size of a marble to them, or a sugar-cube in a box filled with sugar cubes, in a world multiple times the size of our Earth; relatively speaking of course. Or to take this concept even further, a particle from our universe would be 1 out of every trillion particles in the heavenly universe, or sphere, or what ever you wish to call it. So basically what I'm saying Earth may be so tiny in comparison to heaven that it barely even exists at all to those in heaven... And if you don't have faith then I apologize for how ridiculous I have come across.

edit on 22-3-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by HarryTZ

Enlighten me and proof me it's not. I am open

Countless neurobiologists have probed the human brain, trying, unsuccessfully, to find the source of our awareness. Now, many may argue that the amalgamation of all our cranial processes create our consciousness, but still the question is left of 'who'. Who felt that searing pain after touching the lit stove? Who endured the deep emotional sorrow when their mother died of lung cancer? Who fell in love with the beautiful woman that stole your heart? The answer to all of these questions is you, and no simple grey-matter machine can hold the immateriality of these experiences. In reality, our brain is simply an information processor, taking in external stimuli which is then experienced by our consciousness.

For my next point, let me start with a tid-bit of information: a mass of DNA the size of the period at the end of this sentence contains enough information to fill a stack of books 200,000,000 miles high. While this may not seem to pertain to the original problem (which, ultimately, it does), it pretty much takes the concept of 'accident' and 'coincidence' out of the question of our creation. In this awesomely complex material we can see that the infinitely powerful Creator (pure, potential consciousness, from which we all come) drives the universe.

Finally, it is unimaginably arrogant and ignorant to claim that thousands of years of inner wisdom and experience is wrong, while your extremely narrow and 'scientific' perspective reigns true.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sometimes I see a thread title I just like , this was one and in the right frame of mind might even be able to contribute in a meaningful way. Not at rest enough today to properly articulate my thoughts. Am posting to look later at the discussion.
Nice question.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You could use all of those terms that describe motions and physics and what not. But who will possibly understand what you are saying, unless they study the same relative things. We do rest in peace in consciousness not in physical or energetic dynamics. Nature is always changing, but that is the effort of it. It is so restlessly changing that to it, its already in peace. Physically when we rest we relax, even though we are relaxing, much is still changing in our bodies. Rest does not exist externally, it cannot be finalized by induction of the little pieces.

Resting in Peace is Finding Peace within you. No theories of physics of over complexness details of physics and science can discover such a thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by neoholographic

Relax, your question would answered in few years time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join