It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabbalah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What do you know of it? Posed to any esoteric student, not necessarily Freemasons.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Why?

Are you digging for information from members when you could easily google it?

...Or...

Are you trying to ascertain what the Kabbalah means to us as individuals?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There is a difference between Kabbalah, Cabala and Qabbālâ. Which one are you referring to? Have you Googled this and researched it yet or are you simply hoping someone takes the time to outline it in detail to save you the trouble? When I first learned of it, I bought the book, 'Kabbalah for Dummies'. Form there, I have studied it for the last few years and am still only scratching the surface. Like any form of spiritual research, it is a food of many flavors. Some foods can kill you as well. Careful what order you eat.

To fully understand it, you need to know the terms in detail. It's a whole other language. When I delved into it, I downloaded one of the documents with a glossary. From there, I did a word search and replace with definitions to replace the code they use to describe aspects of the language. From there, the document made more sense. It would be far better for you to first learn the Bible. Kabbalah is the code under the surface of the Biblical outer shell. You cannot know the core of the onion apart from first peeling back the layers one at a time. To try would be pointless.

edit on 18-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

More directed towards the latter, but also to ascertain which members are familiar with which school.
edit on 18-3-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Check out "conspiracy in religion (Cabala)" at the conspiracies in religion forum. You may find the answers you are looking.
Note: it goes well with the learnt elders protocols.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I have several dozen if not hundreds of books on the Kabbalah, and I am aware of the differences, although to some, they see it merely mythical.

Hermetic Qabalah, Jewish Kabbalah, and Christian Cabala. For instance, Aleister Crowley considered Qabalah to be the more magical aspect of the trinity.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What I think I know of the Kabbalah is extensive to say the least. HA!

Is there something you would like to know in its regard?

I find the Hermetic Qabalah to be the most interesting and one I "connect" with on many levels.
edit on 18-3-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

THREAD

Careful who you listen to. Some people lie and are simply puppets on a string. Then again, maybe we all are.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I have been in touch with a few people about joining the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and have been studying up on some of my Kabbalah material as of late. I was curious as to what 'truths' other like-minded individuals may have found in it's teachings.

Reading Paths of Wisdom, by John Michael Greer currently. It is highly interesting to say the very least, and today as been a most illuminating day reflecting on my inner thoughts...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I like learning.

Esoteric literature is very interesting to me and its what I feel the most comfortable with because at my core It is who I am. I consider myself a mystic.

If you can get over the distorted audio, you may learn something as I always learn something new from Manly's lectures. Knowledge is easy to obtain, however wisdom is not. One really has to seek and learn what he does not understand.

The lecture below was just uploaded in Feb of this year.... more and more of his lectures are coming on to the internet scene as more and more people want to hear his wisdom which he spent a lifetime/possibly lifetimes cultivating.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

THREAD

Careful who you listen to. Some people lie and are simply puppets on a string. Then again, maybe we all are.

Congratulations... you described in detail the mystery known as "the philosopher's stone"...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I have several dozen if not hundreds of books on the Kabbalah, and I am aware of the differences, although to some, they see it merely mythical.

Hermetic Qabalah, Jewish Kabbalah, and Christian Cabala. For instance, Aleister Crowley considered Qabalah to be the more magical aspect of the trinity.

Kabbalah is a partial understanding of this:

Enoch One

16.2 And now to the Watchers, who sent you to petition on their behalf,
who were formerly in Heaven:

16.3 "You were in Heaven but its secrets had not yet been revealed to you;
and a worthless mystery you knew. This you made known to women, in
the hardness of your hearts. And through this mystery the women and the
men cause evil to increase on the Earth."

16.4 Say to them therefore: "You will not have peace."

There is a mystery that God has held from the beginning of creation. It was revealed in Christ. The unwritten torah is a reflection of the outer court of the Bible. Both reflect the tablets in heaven that reveal the full mystery. Since the beginning, only Adam and Enoch have seen these tablets. The Mystery of Babylon is the school of these mysteries revealed by Angels. It is a partial knowledge. For the average person, even an above average student of knowledge, these mysteries are impossible to conceive correctly. Apart form the revealed version in the life of Christ, we cannot see the full territory. Most of what you read by the teachers of Kabbalah are only shadows of the true law of God. Physics and Science are also mere shadows.

Enoch One

106.19 But after this, there will be yet greater iniquity than that which was
committed on the earth before. For I know the mysteries of the Holy Ones,
for the Lord showed them to me and made them known to me, and I read
them in the Tablets of Heaven.

107.1 And I saw written on them, that generation upon generation will do
wrong, until a generation of righteousness shall arise, and wrongdoing shall
be destroyed, and sin shall depart from the earth, and everything good shall
come upon it.

81.1 And he said to me: “Oh Enoch, look at the book of the Tablets of
Heaven and read what is written upon them, and note every individual
fact.”

81.2 And I looked at everything that was written and I noted everything.
And I read the book and everything that was written in it, all the deeds of
men, and all the children of flesh who will be upon the Earth, for all the
generations of eternity.

81.3 And then I immediately blessed the Lord, the Eternal King of Glory,
in that he has made all the works of the world, and I praised the Lord
because of his patience, and I blessed him on account of the sons of Adam.

81.4 And at that time I said: “Blessed is the man who dies righteous and
good, concerning whom no book of iniquity has been written, and against
whom no guilt has been found.”

The WEEKS of Creation outlined:

I, Enoch, according to that which appeared to me in the Heavenly vision,
and that which I know from the words of the Holy Angels, and
understanding from the Tablets of Heaven.”

93.3 And Enoch then began to speak from the books, and said: “I was born
the seventh, in the first week, while justice and righteousness still lasted.

This happened in the first week. After this, Enoch delivers the 70 generation judgment to the watchers. The Mayan long count calendar is a countdown of this judgment of 5040 years. For them, it was 5125 years. This ended December 21st and marks the final stage of the 6th day into the seventh.

The mysteries here on Earth are only a dim vision of the true copy in heaven.

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

edit on 18-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Tree of Life is central to Kabbalah. The mathematical connection between this geometrical object and the sacred geometries of other religions has now been discovered. The implications of this correlation are truly profound. To start learning about the pioneering research correlating these sacred geometries, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

THREAD

Congratulations... you described in detail the mystery known as "the philosopher's stone"...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I have been in touch with a few people about joining the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and have been studying up on some of my Kabbalah material as of late. I was curious as to what 'truths' other like-minded individuals may have found in it's teachings.

Reading Paths of Wisdom, by John Michael Greer currently. It is highly interesting to say the very least, and today as been a most illuminating day reflecting on my inner thoughts...

I am very familiar with HOGD. They have a great group on Yahoo that may be of interest to you. Very helpful to the solitary practitioner. That being said, there is a lot of in-fighting that can distract from the wisdom of the knowledge. Of course, this in-fighting has been going on for a century and is the result of EGO. However, if you can look past the "my interpretation is the legitimate one and better than yours...." your experience can be life-changing.

Greer is a good place to start. I would also suggest the Ciceros and, of course, Regardie.

ETA - have you checked out the Llewellyn site? They have some really good articles that you might be interested in. One recently on Practical Qabalah

Peace,

G.
edit on 18-3-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

In 2001, I found evidence that convinced me that the Bible was allegory. For the next few years I studied the Bible and other writings with this view and taught myself how to interpret this allegory. In 2008, I went to a book store to buy a dictionary for ancient Greek and while I was there, I tried to explain to a clerk why I wanted the dictionary and her response was: “That sounds like Kabbalah”. This naturally led me to begin to examine Kabbalah to see what it had to offer. The first text I examined was the Kybalion and I was surprised at how easily I was able to fit its principles into what I had already learned on my own. Up to this point, I thought that I might be crazy, because I seemed to see things that others did not, but this introduction to Kabbalah, convinced me that I was not crazy, since I had been able to teach myself Kabbalah without ever having to study a Kabbalic text.

So, I would summarize Kabbalah as being allegory about allegory. Nearly all of the metaphoric relationships Kabbalah describes are accurate, but its authors are basically “walking on water” since they almost never provide the real world meaning that lies beneath the surface. (There are probably a number of “parrot” Kabbalists who understand Kabbalah only on the literal level and these could potentially provide inaccurate metaphoric relationships.) Each real world idea has multiple metaphors that can represent it and therefore there are a multitude of “correct” interpretations, but only one interpretation will provide the true truth. The “Literal Kabbalah” (which includes the Atbash Cypher and Gematria) should be, for the most part, dismissed as an intentional distraction from Kabbalah’s true subject.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What do you know of it?

I know that it's possible to have mystical experiences which knowledge of the Kabbalah can shed light on. Even for people who don't consider themselves Kabbalists.

But the same can be said of every mystical tradition.

edit on 19-3-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by swordwords

swordwords,

Good explanation... Have you looked into HOGD? One of the principles they will teach you is how to pinpoint the correct association. Think of the associations like a cryptogram. By applying specific filters, based upon the nature of your task, you can better identify which association is the right one because it will be inter-connected to other markers which, when combined together, provide a picture or statement that is meaningful to your quest.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well said swordwords... well said

In my experience with caballa... I genuinely discovered the book of Exodus.
The Israelite tradition of usurpation was revealed...
To enter in into a city as slaves and slowly spread to all quarters of the city in minor slaves positions until its time to usurp and seize control.
Exodus was/is the key to doing it.?

Let me know if I can better inform you with more detail.
I'd be delighted ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I own a good portion of Regardie's work, and Cicero's Self-Initiation. I shall look into the website you have sent me
Thanks G!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join