It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Jewelleries? Jewelery Phobia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nice!(or not lol), that you have similar feelings toward it.

I think it would suck if you were a girl and could not do things society wants you to do.

I know guys do not prefer jewellery that much, so i can easily blend in, but girls with this problem have to adjust. That must be tough.

Not sure why i'm okay with natural stuff, like fibers and rubbers... i only realized i could tolerate this when i went to some event they were giving out free stuff, and i put it on... and i was okay with the rubber wristband.

I guess with your information, i know there can be individuals with less tolerable conditions.

Good info! more i know, the more i will feel normal! yay!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I love to accessorize in moderation. I've got a lip ring, four earrings, and wear a necklace my boyfriend gave me. If it looks nice, why not? Too much is simply too much! I had a teacher that had rings on all of her fingers which really bugged me, I just don't see the purpose.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

We are different, Everyone has certain threshold before its "ugggh..... too much".. sadly mine is very low, i'm designed this way. :/

I actually hate the jewellery itself touching the skin.. not the person(because it can be removed), just to be clear.
edit on 3/19/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry, I am relatively new and can't figure out how to delete this post.
edit on 20-3-2013 by d1gov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately for my husband, I do not have this phobia!
Im overly picky about my jewelry, but certainly no phobia.

Im wondering... for those who have this phobia.. what would it feel like if they were forced to wear jewelry? Is it the adornment aspect or the metal.. or the constriction?? Interesting!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1gov
Sorry, I am relatively new and can't figure out how to delete this post.
edit on 20-3-2013 by d1gov because: (no reason given)

You cant delete the whole post, but you can edit it like you just did

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have been a jeweler/metalsmith for over 20 years and won't even wear my own work.
It's beautiful, stylish, contemporary, expensive and I love to see beautiful women purchase and wear my creations; I also have a full line of men's jewelry that has proven to be popular but I can't wear it.

I also build guitars but have no problem playing them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I don't want to be called an anti-stonetic here, but I can't stand jewelry. I can barely wear a watch much less rings and other things like that.

I've always thought myself to be weird that way. Everyone else I know loves wearing watches, rings, necklaces and all that. To me it just feels like a burden to carry around.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't wear any as a matter of habit. Being a working engineer since the Army, jewelry is Satan's way of burning parts off of you, snatching you into machinery, or ripping off digits when the ring hangs on something as you jump out of a perfectly good airplane or off a moving vehicle.

I've seen all those things happen to other people.

I wear my wedding ring on a short chain around my neck. I think I can count the times I've worn it on my hand on my fingers and toes.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ok.. you might think its weird, but... when i'm forced to wear some, (when i was young by my mom)... when i'm at a party, it feels like the same feeling you get having an insect sitting on you, not exactly but similar to. I usually cannot wait to come home and throw them on to the bed and wash myself on those parts of the body..

Yup Weird but it exists, i'm a proof that it does!.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Good to know, that this type of mentality is more common than i thought. Its possible you admire them a bit more because you gave "birth" to them, its a different feeling than buying someone's elses.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Well i used to think like i was unusual and weird for not liking like all the "normal" people do. but i guess now you know(and i) that its more common.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Of course, jewellery can be real hazard in certain work conditions.

Also you gave me a good excuse(out of necessity) to wear my wedding ring(in the future) in a different manner.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I think it would suck if you were a girl and could not do things society wants you to do.

For the sake of truth telling - I am a girl.
And yeah, I still feel the same way about jewelry - and not because I'm a tomboy - I mean I am - but I love to dress up too, I just can't deal with jewelry.

peace

(post by AndrewCampbell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Kosmemophobia

top topics

<< 1   >>

join