It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Jewelleries? Jewelery Phobia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I guess this is a medical mystery... has anyone here had a hatred/disgust for jeweleries? like rings, earring, chains?

I see to have it. Ever since i was 12yrs old. It is not like i m afraid of them, it just that when i touch them i feel a sort of disgust, and i absolutely do not want them touching me.

Its interesting because it only for metallic jewellery, but plastic or rubber things, like watches are perfectly fine.

The more complex a jewellery gets the more disgust i get. For example a simple wedding band is tolerable but a complex rings with stones and designs on it not. Same thing with earring, a simple dot is okay but a dangling design is not.

I have so many expensive watches(gifts) and jewellery just sitting in safe collecting dust.

My parents think i'm making this up because i don;t want to spend money on them.....

I could not find many information about it but when i read documentary on Tesla, that he also had a disgust for jewellery it kinda wanted me to look for more information, but sadly, i guess it is not a big subject, i only found couple of blogs talking about it.

It also looks like Nikola Tesla had it along with OCD, i myself have a slight OCD(i guess everyone had it to a certain extreme), that would put me in the OCD Low to Mid section. Most of the time im in control, but sometimes it does gets the better of me, especially locking doors at night and TV volume. It also had positive outcome like reading multiple times for exams
or making sure i read the phrase right.

I cannot just conclude that OCD and this hate/disgust for jewellery is connected with just me and Tesla, but it feels like there has to be a reason.

Anyone of you had any experience? or know someone?

www.unusualphobias.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don`t have a hatred or disgust for it but i can say that I have never worn any, i don`t wear a watch or even a wedding band, I never have.It just feels to unnatural and annoying to have stuff like that attached to my body.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I don`t have a hatred or disgust for it but i can say that I have never worn any, i don`t wear a watch or even a wedding band, I never have.It just feels to unnatural and annoying to have stuff like that attached to my body.

I could not agree more! I have been given watches and rings over the years and never felt comfortable wearing them. I had piercings too and since let them grow over.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Funny you mention this. I was recently mocked for lack of accessory to my apparel. I don't like rings or piercings, and I certainly will never get a tattoo. I tried wearing a chain once and ended up irritating my neck due to sweat. (Summer time)

I wore a watch when I was younger, and I ended up breaking the strap from constantly adjusting and readjusting it. Those jelly bracelets can handle the fidgeting, but I don't like putting them back on after removing them to shower. I don't do hats either. I was an early 90s backwards-cap wearing fool. These days, I wouldn't dare wear a hat, even a fedora or something classier.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Exactly, it just feel unnatural when they touch my skin. How do feel about touching someone else's? even if you see it on the floor?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

reply to post by DaTroof

The more i see others people not having an interest in them, the more i feel normal.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Never been a fan of jewerly, heck, I didn't even like wearing my Dog Tags...or even a tie. Though if I ever do get married, it will be a simple band as I don't like gaudy trinkets either...no matter how much they cost.

I don't care if something costs $1 or a million. If it looks like crap, as far as I am concerned it is crap.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

I don't wear any, but I've never put any thought into why until now. I guess it's because, as a man I don't like the idea of dressing up pretty. For me, jewelry (even watches) is a girlie thing. Whenever I see a man decorated with rings and gold and expensive watches, I see a vain man, not a successful man.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wow this is a new phobia to me and thanks for informing me of this as very interesting.

I only wear minimal jewellery but no bad feelings against it. The only thing I cannot stand is when jewellery is over used... you know multiple rings on every finger, lots of gold chains etc... I find it hard to look at people when they wear all this jewellery... does that count?

Note: I find it very uncomfortable to wear rings. I would never feel comfortable wearing an engagement or wedding ring so I laugh and tell people that is the reason I never married.
edit on 18/3/13 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/3/13 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Jewelry brings about two separate but note worthy things. In history, when a person bought a slave, they would pierce one of his ears and place a metal ring in it so that it would remain there and people would know who he belonged to and that he was a slave. Women were often adorned with jewelry to appeal to vanity, and in some cases to note they were the possession of a man.

Then there is the twisted vanity. Men who wear jewelry have a fascination with both the feminine and also the bondage part of being seen adorned in jewelry. It gives them a sense of self admiration and self worship. Women can do this same thing and often do so, but society excepts it of women.

When ever I see a man decked out in jewelry, earrings etc, I always ask myself, " who owns you buddy ? " Take in point the self mutilation of body piercings. This is all about the arousal to bondage and humiliation of the body, nothing more.

Now, as for me, as a man I find all jewelry vain, worthless, and disgusting. Yet, at the same time, the only exception for me is pearls. They have value and are costly, yet complimentary for a woman. A women who wears them is showing that she has wealth and character. She isn't polluting herself with metal and other crap to be vain and decadent, she is accenting her own personal appeal with that which compliments her feminine softness and balanced demeanor.

I do not wear any jewelry, never will, and are turned off at first glance with self indulgent people who do. That's my take on this.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't have a like or dislike, I do not care... If you want to wear it that is great, if you do not that is great.. I will look at treat you the same either way... I have seen poor people who wear a lot of bling to make it look like they had money and I have seen rich people wear none, one in particular stopped wearing 2g's worth of bling after being robbed strong armed.. I personally would not spend my cash on bling, but if you would like to buy me a rolex or expensive ring i'd wear it no problem.. No need to judge people though either way.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hatred for Jewelleries? Jewelery Phobia?

Nah. call it a style trend... a fad. People today tattoo their bodies like circus groupies and carneys. You don't insult your flesh like that if there's any respect for it. A necklace? Earrings? Bracelets? You can take them off at the end of the day. But some of the tattoo freak shows have to carry that with them till they are dust.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They say that Nicholas Tesla had a very strong aversion to pearls.

But if you think about it, it makes a bit of sense, they really are just petrified oyster boogers.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Man, I love my jewelry! I even make jewelry. My Mom used to say, Don't you have enough jewelry?" I would always say, NO way!"

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think that's what i would do in the future, when i plan to get married probably talk with the partner. I think i will tell her about my problem early so she does not think something else.

I know plenty of girls who do not jewel themselves too much. But guys in general do not need it!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Yup even looking at bunch of rings in 1 finger is uneasy for me, but as long as i'm not wearing them i can look away. I think wearing rings on each finger is just too much for me to intake.

reply to post by starfoxxx

Its never about the person, i know they can take it off at the end of the day, it just the actual interaction between the flesh and the metallic thing is what makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Wow that's a real good information, maybe my disgust for it is someone engrained in my mind! maybe from past lives!? haha! Maybe i was a slave owner or a slave myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Interesting, Pearls do no have that much effect on me, it is the metallic shiny, cold jewellery that does...make me uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Haha that's great! I do have sisters, and they do like jewellery, its just that, i can't have them touching my skin! lol

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Lovely to hear this isn’t just me.

I’ve never been able to wear jewelry. I’ve tried - and it’s just a miserable fail.

I can’t stand rings - even though I’d like to wear one - it’s a no go. Just not going to happen.

And a watch? You’re kidding, right. ERRRT! No way.

Earrings? I’ve kept the same pair of studs in my ears for years and only because I don’t want the holes to close over - how ridiculous is that cause I can’t stand wearing the earrings, but at least the same ones all the time are bearable if not just...yuck.

Natural fibers, plastic, rubber, lol? Still a no go. Though now that you mention it I wore a rainbow colored braided cotton thread thingy a friend bought me on the beach. It had a bell on it. Yeah, I wore that for a while but don't know where it went. Must have rotted off.

All that being said - I do NOT trust anyone who wears a lot of jewelry. Especially rings. Nope. No trust. None.

Interesting. I’ll have to keep an eye on this thread and see what else we all have in common other than ATS.
Very interesting.

S&F!

peace
edit on 19-3-2013 by silo13 because: remove bold

top topics

<<   2 >>

join