It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reincarnation Video That Changed My Mind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Well, no doubt I can/could provide you all kinds of "stuff" but allow google to help you out and seek what you are looking for through the search engine. I gave you a start, someone who is credible, someone who is a Doctor, someone who has taken the scientific approach. You are the judge of the information.

Seek and you will find, my friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I believe that these are both dreams and memories. They are dreams OF memories.

I didn't watch the Blitz on TV. Not at 5 or 6 years old. I was into Captain Kangaroo and The Electric Company and later on Zoom .. kids programming. And TV back then (mid 1960's) was very different. We had one TV that got in 3 stations .. and none of it was violent or blood filled. Not like today ...

The reason I think they are memories is because they were so detailed. A 5 year old child (in the 1960's) wouldn't know about fashions of the depression WWII era in England. The adult women in my dream/memory had on clothing that was of that time period .. dresses down between the knee and the ankle ... whereas in the late 1960's when these dreams happened, all the girls I knew and saw were wearing VERY SHORT dresses. The mothers standing on the side of the playground in my dream/memory had on dull browns and off whites and had blouses .... but in the 1960's my little friends and I (and our mothers) wore shirt very colorful dresses.

Here's my read, and I hope that you won't take it unkindly.

The key phrase that jumps out at me is "They are dreams OF memories", because that's exactly what I would surmise you have experienced. You and I are about the same age, and I think I stopped remembering everything about my life as a five year old when I was probably ten, so it's been at least forty years since I had any sort of significant detail of those days, apart from select experiences that stand out for some reason.

So, while you may be able to say "I watched Sesame Street and no war programmes", that's an assumption -- you have no way of truly knowing that, because no one has total recall of their life four years ago, much less forty. Someone in your family could have been a war movie fanatic for a couple of years when you were really young and watched them every Saturday afternoon while you played with blocks in the same room.

In addition, you're not remembering a dream, you're remembering a memory of a dream. The dream, when you were five, was what it was. The memory of that dream, however, will inevitably shift over the course of time. Unknowingly, you might add or lose details, you might mix up the dream that you had as a five year old with the same dream you had as a ten year old.

Things that are traumatic tend to stick out for us, and there is evidence that they creep into our dreams. So I think it plausible that you had a dream as a five year old which traumatized you, and which has "stuck" with you over the years, with further experiences of it adding more and more detail that you didn't have before, much as a "tale grows with the telling." From a small seed, perhaps a story on the evening news about the anniversary of the London Blitz or something, which you might not even have consciously been watching or understood, could conceivably grow into something very detailed and for which a ready explanation is not at hand.

That's what I mean about cultural contamination -- yes, your dreams might be indicative of a past life experience, but there is no way to say that it is not a result of something much more mundane.

God is God. He can do what He wishes and isn't obligated to follow what men have written in 'holy books'.

I agree, obviously, but without some reasonable evidence, I can't come to the conclusion that just because God can do something, he does do something.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I was trying to learn a little more about the origin of these videos. The documentary was done in the early 1980s and aired internationally on television. The hypnotherapist was Peter Ramster.

Peter Ramster a clinical psychologist, hypnotherapist, film maker and published author based in Sydney Australia. For over 35 years Peter has conducted research on the unconscious mind. In 1983 he produced a remarkable documentary for television on the use of hypnotic regression. In the documentary four women from Sydney, who had never previously been outside of Australia, gave detailed accounts of life times in western European countries. In 1981 Peter Ramster visited the locations across Europe described by the four women and researched with local historians the names dates and details they have given while under hypnotic regression in an attempt to verify the details as accurate information. Village and hamlets names given where found hard to validate but with further research some of the names appeared on old maps. Once the general location had been identified each of the women were brought over to Europe to see if they could recognise anything from the locations that the historical researchers believed may have been the area that they had talked about

I remember watching this documentary when it first aired on British television and I must admit it was one influential factor in later years in my pursuit of my own research as a past life regression therapist.

One of the most striking cases was that of a lady called Gwen McDonald who recalled the name of Rose Duncan who had lives in Somerset, England during the 18th century. While under hypnosis in Sydney she described details in England that appeared to be correct when the research was conducted. The investigation of the McDonald case during the making of the documentary in England was witnessed by Dr. Bail Cottle of Bristol University

Here is the case of Rose Duncan that the above author found especially intriguing: (I'm posting this for those that don't want to watch the entire series...)

EDIT: Opps, didn't realize you could only post one video. Here is a link to a page with part 2 and part 3 of the Rose Duncan case:
www.pastlives.co.uk...

I've found no definite evidence that this documentary was ever "banned", it seemed more like speculation... that seems to be (as others here have suggested) a cheesy marketing gimmick to get people to watch the videos.

I also found that Dr. Ramster wrote several books, including at least one based largely on what he found in this documentary. The book appears to be out of print and difficult to put your hands on! If you have $205 burning a hole in your pocket, you can buy a used copy through Amazon. His other books, such as The Truth about Reincarnation, appear to be out of print and difficult to get as well.

And last, but not least, here is a homepage for Peter Ramster that lists his resume...
peterramster.com...

This lists another book "the code of aramai" to be coming out "soon"... but I see no evidence of it having been published. I can't tell when the website was created. But on the above website, Dr. Ramster does summarize the documentary we are discussing on this thread with this:

Reincarnation
The film Reincarnation was made in 1981 and released in 1982. It went to air initially in Australia but quickly went around the world and was shown in many different countries, not just Western ones. It caused newspaper and magazine articles to be written and even caused committees to be set up on television in various countries to examine the premise of what had been discovered. Needless to say, it caused shockwaves for a time in various circles. Once seen, it is not the type of thing you forget in hurry. The film was based on research carried out by myself in conjunction with a group of subjects for a period of years before the actual film was made. It necessitated gaining an understanding of recalled lives that might be examined and checked for their authenticity. Once the preliminary research was completed, we set off on an expedition with the people who recalled the past lives, to the countries recalled, to see what evidence, if any, could be found, that might confirm the validity of what had been recalled. Our finds were extraordinary, and took us beyond chance. We found names in the records, even one subject's previous signature. The subjects knew their way in places never before seen in this life. They led us to things clearly described in Australia well before we left. In some cases the things found were impossible in normal terms, for the subjects to have known. The results of the expedition not only produced a film that was extraordinary in nature, but also some of the best reincarnation evidence available in the world.

edit on 19-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

thank you thank you thank you for this information!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

With all that you have stated about "memories" and or memory recall do you not find it incredible that although one can tap into old memories of this life, one can also tap into a past life whereas the person speaks a total different language?

A child can describe a city never before visited, people never before on TV, and the child describes everything from the house, the parents, the neighborhood to a "T". How, do you explain the unexplained cases as there are so many?

Professionals who have spent a lifetime studying and researching reincarnation cannot explain these cases I am speaking of other than reincarnation is a fact.

Antiquity teaches it. Why? Just another fantasy or do you think this fact of life has been passed down throughout the ages in time?

Consciousness as a subset of unconsciousness cannot be defined by neurological processes only, which is a statement approved by many reputable experts in the field.

According to certain theories consciousness is a link between idea and matter, from a point of view of quantum physics it is actually a kind of matter, and it is exceeds to the higher levels of the time space continuum.

I know what your stance is in regards to reincarnation and somehow I still cannot understand why you find it so hard to believe.

No matter the religion, there are certain types of jews, christians, muslims, and so on who believe and teach reincarnation. The teaching was lost for the control of others. Why anyone accepts a teaching that one life is all you get is almost incomprehensible to my mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wouldnt that mean that there are a fixed number of souls? Think about the implications of that.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

With all that you have stated about "memories" and or memory recall do you not find it incredible that although one can tap into old memories of this life, one can also tap into a past life whereas the person speaks a total different language?

That's one of the things that has puzzled me. I've never heard of an instance where a person claimed to have lived a past life in a foreign culture, and was able to speak the language of that culture, from memory. Yes, there are language savants, but they can't speak a language that they haven't been exposed to, in some manner.

How, do you explain the unexplained cases as there are so many?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "unexplained cases" -- every example that I have seen which has been subjected to objective scrutiny has been shown to have some aspect of cultural contamination or researcher bias.

I know what your stance is in regards to reincarnation and somehow I still cannot understand why you find it so hard to believe.

I am an extremely skeptical person -- the only reason that I am a theist is because my studies of physics and maths led me to the conclusion that some sort of deity exists, and the only reason that I'm a Christian is because of personal experiences that are consistent with said deity having aspects that are consistent with the God of Christianity.

I have no personal experience with reincarnation, the concept is illogical in many aspects (the nature of the soul, the lack of accumulated memory,) and none of my research has demonstrated concrete evidence that reincarnation is real, so I have no reason to believe in it.

edit on 20-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by FlyersFan
God is God. He can do what He wishes and isn't obligated to follow what men have written in 'holy books'.

I agree, obviously, but without some reasonable evidence, I can't come to the conclusion that just because God can do something, he does do something.

Sure .. no problem. I am just open to the fact that He can .. and based on my life experiences I believe He has. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other if He has or not. If, when I die, I'm told that there is no reincarnation it won't surprise me. Just as if I'm told that there is, well, that won't surprise me either.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
Wouldnt that mean that there are a fixed number of souls? Think about the implications of that.

Why would you think that?
If there is reincarnation that doesn't mean that there are a fixed number of souls.
I don't get what you are saying or why.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you ever traveled to look for the location where your dream/vision took place? After watching this video I'm very curious to know if your reaction would be as emotional and affirming as theirs... Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Do you think its possible your research was not at length to allow you to see the other view point? Maybe your views on reincarnation are so blocked you cannot see what is in front of you. Please don't take me the wrong way as I am not downing you, just trying to understand.

This idea goes waaaaay back. The ancients were mystics with their philosophy and then religion. There are countless stories whereas a child retains through the consciousness he or she possess and holds onto another life before this one. They are often misdiagnosed in the medical field.

In the Bible, language is the barrier (leading to different pov and perceptions), but it in fact speaks on behalf of reincarnation.

Baptism into water with flesh and spirit is not just your typical baptism. It symbolizes a soul coming back through the womb, to be cleansed.

When reading the Bible the next go around allow yourself to understand the layers of truth within it because there are indeed layers of truth, metaphors and symbols. Each time it is read, you get more and more truth within your own spirit. Read it as though you are looking for any reference to reincarnation and you will see many references.

Jesus being the first Adam, the father of mankind has had many lives. Reading the Bible over and over again allows one to see the different embodiment's.

Have you ever read the Kybalion or studied the Kabbalah? Its only in the west reincarnation is not seen as a fact of life, within the tree of life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Does Jesus ever share His views on reincarnation? I'm not aware of any biblical references to it, but I've always read the bible with my own christian biases. If you could point to a passage or two to study in this new light, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Do you think its possible your research was not at length to allow you to see the other view point?

Perhaps, though, as I said, every instance that I looked at had a plausible alternative, and I hold to the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" school of thought, and there was precious little evidence, never mind it being extraordinary. Since I don't really have an agenda, I don't see the need to keep digging and digging, on the off chance that there is one credible case which lacks a mundane explanation.

Maybe your views on reincarnation are so blocked you cannot see what is in front of you. Please don't take me the wrong way as I am not downing you, just trying to understand.

What's to understand? Pick some concept at random that you don't believe in, and consider why you do not believe it -- your reasons are probably the same as mine; lack of personal experience, lack of evidence, and lack of an existing bias that would cause you to overlook the other two.

In the Bible, language is the barrier (leading to different pov and perceptions), but it in fact speaks on behalf of reincarnation.

No, it does not. If one approaches the text with an intent to find support for reincarnation, they will likely find some, but they could do the same thing with a copy of Tom Sawyer or Pride and Prejudice.

I read the text holistically, and with an understanding of its cultural and historical context, and there is nothing that speaks to reincarnation because reincarnation is not an orthodox Judaic concept, and both the Bible and the teachings of Christ are orthodox Judaism. Mainstream Jews believed that one was either physically resurrected, or they believed that they were annihilated. Reincarnation was a minority view held by some mystics, not reflected by either Christ or the Bible.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am definitely not a biblical scholar, but Hebrews 9:27 seems to be a fairly clear scripture arguing against reincarnation. The NIV version is this:

Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

But, again, I'm very interested to be referred any any biblical passages supporting reincarnation, particularly New Testament red text.
Thanks to anyone that can help me find what has been suggested in this thread. I'm trying to be open minded, but in my understanding of the bible I do not believe there is any support for reincarnation.

OH... and I do not meant to derail this great thread and take the focus away from the remarkable videos shown. My apologies to the OP.
edit on 20-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
reply to post by MamaJ

Does Jesus ever share His views on reincarnation? I'm not aware of any biblical references to it, but I've always read the bible with my own christian biases. If you could point to a passage or two to study in this new light, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
there is an example of reincarnation in the bible with elijah and john the baptist.

now having said that, most christians ( i am one), will tell you that elijah didn't die, he was taken up into heaven. but to them i say that they may be true, but he was reborn. how can that be denied?

"Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist". — Matthew 17:11-13

edit on 20-3-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: comma

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
there is an example of reincarnation in the bible with elijah and john the baptist.

While this is often claimed, the actual text indicates that Christ meant that John the Baptist was the Elijah of his time. John denied that he was Elijah, and Elijah makes an appearance at the Transfiguration, so he couldn't have been reincarnated.

Elijah is used to denote all prophets, and John was the last prophet. That's the connection, not reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

While this is often claimed, the actual text indicates that Christ meant that John the Baptist was the Elijah of his time. John denied that he was Elijah, and Elijah makes an appearance at the Transfiguration, so he couldn't have been reincarnated.

I believe that John the Baptist was dead when the transfiguration happened. Also

Luke 1:17 17 and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”

To me this references the spirit of Elijah and John the Baptist. John did deny he was Elijah, but he may have done so because he didn't know. Without certain methods we do not know today either.
edit on 20-3-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: spell
Again this is straight from Jesus

Matthew 11:13-14 13 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come.

edit on 20-3-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: extra verse

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
one last thing i will add is that many people of Jewish faith believe in reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
I believe that John the Baptist was dead when the transfiguration happened.

Correct. Demonstrating that Elijah was Elijah and John was John.

Who was at the Transfiguration with Jesus? Peter, James and John, the last two being former disciples of John the Baptist. However, they didn't say "that's not Elijah, that's our old friend John!" so one is left with the logical conclusion that whoever they saw, it wasn't John the Baptist.

If reincarnation was in play, you have Elijah being reincarnated into John. Then John is killed by Herod, and he is reincarnated into Elijah? An adult Elijah, to boot?

If, however, one doesn't try to force reincarnation in there, a much clearer viewpoint emerges -- Elijah was assumed into heaven, so maybe he never died, but Moses did, so the scene speaks of physical resurrection, exactly what orthodox Judaism taught. Moses and Elijah, representing the Law and the Prophets, were resurrected bodily to both testify to Christ, and also to foreshadow Christ's resurrection.

And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come.

Jewish prophets were either received or rejected. Once again, Elijah represents the notion of prophecy, and Jesus is declaring John to be a prophet in the spirit of Elijah.

one last thing i will add is that many people of Jewish faith believe in reincarnation.

No, they do not. Reincarnation is accepted by followers of Jewish mysticism (Kabbala and other minor sects,) but it is not a belief of Orthodox, Conservative or Reformed Jews, mainstream Judaism, and that was even more the case in Jesus' time.

edit on 20-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
After watching the video, I find it interesting that all of the subjects were of UK descent and all claimed past lives from familiar, western european areas close to the home islands. Statistically, wouldn't you be more likely reincarnated from Africa or China or India than from the land of your fathers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join