It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reincarnation Video That Changed My Mind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

A little over three years ago I was struggling with the idea of reincarnation, wondering if indeed most of us have had past lives. I came across these videos right around this time that started to convince me that maybe, just maybe, there was something to the idea of reincarnation.

This documentary follows the lives of four women and turns up incredible evidence that they have vivid and detailed memories of their past lives through hypnotic regression.

Through out these videos the women actual seek out the places that they remember living in their past lives with amazing results once they get there. I will put the next couple of videos below this one, and if you wish to continue watching them on youtube you can. There are 11 so i don't feel it necessary to put all of them on here.

Mod's i wasn't sure what forum to put this in. If it needs to be moved I apologize ahead of time. Also if this video has already been posted, i couldn't find it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't watch videos, so maybe it's answered, but why are these "banned videos"? That's usually a red flag for "no one watches our videos, so let's make them seem controversial."

There are enough documented problems with "past life regressions" that, combined with the inevitable cultural contamination of an adult, testimonials such as these are not credible.
edit on 18-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

There are enough documented problems with "past life regressions" that, combined with the inevitable cultural contamination of an adult, testimonials such as these are not credible.
edit on 18-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

I agree there are problems trusting stuff like this, but I can't judge it till I watch the video. Credibility is on an individual basis. You can't just make baseless claims like this without losing all credibility with me yourself. So there's that, and I am off to watch the videos to comment further on the actual content.

I personally always wanted to leave this place and go back to wherever was before.. I asked my mom about it all the time when I was 2-4 years old..
edit on 3/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
1. We are energy
2. Energy cannot be created or destroyed

Hence, it would appear feasible to be recycled. At what efficiency, I don't know?

edit on 18-3-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
You can't just make baseless claims like this without losing all credibility with me yourself.

It isn't a baseless claim -- there is no credible evidence of anyone living past lives which didn't have either obvious cultural contamination or the real potential for it. The few actual scientific studies that have been done have either disproven such claims, or come to an ambivalent conclusion due to insufficient data or poor research techniques (Ian Stevenson is a good example of the latter.)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
People only see what they allow them self to see.

There have been studies that have floored me to the point there is no denying we are recycled. The body is nothing but a vessel and life takes on many forms, including but not limited to the human form.

It's evident in the experience of man and has been throughout the years that reincarnation is an experience within the life experience itself. Nothing dies, merely transforms.

The one denying such has obviously never experienced such nor felt a connection to the logical aspects of nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
People only see what they allow them self to see.

There have been studies that have floored me to the point there is no denying we are recycled.

Could you please point out some links to these studies? I am not asking to be a smart***
... I have a very real personal interest in the concept of reincarnation. I honestly hope for it.

A little about me and why.

In the last year I was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy, possibly one of the worst living cases today. This means that I have bad, chaotic seizures without a known cause(170+ hours of non stop siezures). I could literally drop dead at any given moment of my life.

I have been declared medically dead(both heart & brain) 3 times in the last 8 months due to these severe, cascading siezures. As an aside I have also lost 2 years of my memories in "this life" due to brain trauma.

So, I am wondering how one can retain their personality, or memories through the death of the brain when my struggles against death, and epilepsy have robbed me of parts of myself and my life....and I am still alive.

That said I am looking for scientific studies and evidence, I do not have much use for "faith" in life. I appreciate any respectful responses from anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Dustytoad
You can't just make baseless claims like this without losing all credibility with me yourself.

It isn't a baseless claim -- there is no credible evidence of anyone living past lives which didn't have either obvious cultural contamination or the real potential for it. The few actual scientific studies that have been done have either disproven such claims, or come to an ambivalent conclusion due to insufficient data or poor research techniques (Ian Stevenson is a good example of the latter.)

Your attitude is like the insufficient data studies you talk about in your post, Insufficient. As I have not finished the videos just yet, I too have insufficient data to say more than that about these particular women. If you want to call something baseless you have to know what it is first. Otherwise you are sighting belief as proof much like you probably think about people who fall on the other side.

When it comes down to it though, proof isn't what the topic is about. Oddly enough the topic is about a persons perceptions changing about reincarnation after watching a video. It doesn't say Here is Proof about reincarnation. Instead it says "The reincarnation video that changed MY mind"

Getting back on topic would require you to talk to the OP directly or watch the video, and since you don't watch videos this seems like an unlikely thing to happen.

It's pretty convincing by the way.. A good watch.
edit on 3/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
before there are many more responses, i would ask that before commenting to please watch the video then comment. it truly is intriguing.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Oh, honey I am so sorry you are going through so much. Life is filled with so many experiences both good and bad, and I hope your experiences turn something negative into a positive. Again, so sorry you are going through this.

There are countless studies to rummage through. Many video's out there to help explain the phenomena of rebirth and or past life regression.

I began studying the phenomena in college, along with an interest in apparitions.

It seems to me there are many people who by the time they reach a young age of say five or six, their past life memories fade as the entity becomes more involved in this life.

Kids are known for making up stories and pretending, however their minds are new to this world and their imagination is mostly mistaken for childhood fantasies.

As many who have studied this phenomena know the work and study of Ian Stevenson. Dr. Stevenson has done extensive research. reluctant-messenger.com...

Part of an interview with the good Dr. below. More is found by clicking the link above.

Omni: Do you see in reincarnation a glimpse of a larger purpose?

Stevenson: Well, yes, I do. My idea of God is that He is evolving. I don't believe in the watchmaker God, the original creator who built the watch and then lets it tick. I believe in a "Self-maker God" who is evolving and experimenting; so are we as parts of Him. Bodies wear out; souls may need periods for rest and reflection. Afterward one may start again with a new body.

Omni: What advice do you have for those who have no memories of a previous life?

Stevenson: Some persons have said it is unfair to be reborn unless you can remember details of a previous life and profitably remember your mistakes. They forget that forgetting is essential to successful living in the present. If every time we walked, we were to remember how we stumbled, we would fall again. I've also had people envy children who remember previous lives, as if these children had special wisdom. In fact, it makes more sense to look upon them as suffering from an abnormality, almost a defect. The memories they have are often more of a handicap than a blessing; and they nearly all become happier as they grow older and forget their previous lives. To paraphrase Jesus Christ, sufficient unto one life is the evil thereof.

Omni: Has your work influenced your own attitudes toward life and death?

Stevenson: I think so. I wouldn't claim to be free of the fear of death, but it is probably less in me than other people. These children sometimes provide reassurances to adults. We’ve had two or three incidents of children going to, let's say, a woman who has lost her husband and is inconsolable and saying, "You shouldn’t be crying. Death isn’t the end. Look at me. I died and I'm here again."

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

at least watch the first two videos

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have a very real personal interest in the concept of reincarnation. I honestly hope for it.

Just wondering...

Why exactly would you hope to be reincarnated?

You do realize if you reincarnate it means you failed in your previous life in some way...

It means you have more learning to do before you can progess.... reincarnation is going backwards my friend

Can you deny reincarnation exists?

S&F for the thread

edit on 18-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

S&F for the thread
reply to post by Akragon

thank you for reminding me of these videos from your thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There are countless studies to rummage through. Many video's out there to help explain the phenomena of rebirth and or past life regression.

I appreciate your empathy/sympathy on the subject...it certainly has been something new to adapt to.

On the subject of the information provided(appreciate it too
)...I am looking for all the standard scientific protocols of experimentation. That is to say a complete description of the experiment(hypothesis, methods, measurements, control samples, etc...) This information seems to be lacking on some of the key areas. Don't worry I am not demanding you debate me
...just making my desires clear.

Why exactly would you hope to be reincarnated?

You do realize if you reincarnate it means you failed in your previous life in some way...

It means you have more learning to do before you can progess.... reincarnation is going backwards my friend.

I am looking for scientifically documented evidence that my conciousness might continue on when my brain utlimately fails me in the future, and I pass on. I am not especially interested in any one faith's view of the afterlife, or the universe.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've watched the first two and look forward to making time to watch the entire series. Do you know if the entire video is available anywhere - to purchase or on Demand/Netflix? I'm not sure what the title is... I'm probably missing it in a really obvious place, right?

I can already see why you found this so compelling. I started out very skeptical of this video, but when they followed the first woman's directions to her house in France, I was very intrigued. It is very interesting how well she speaks french while under hypnosis, but I do wish they had tested her current-life knowledge of the language more extensively than taking her shopping and observing her turn down bargains because of language barriers. Ha! Hopefully they actually tested her language skills a bit better, and where only showing that scene as an example.

Thanks for posting this. Reincarnation isn't a topic that I've ever given a lot of thought to, but I'm looking forward to diving in and learning more.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am looking for scientifically documented evidence that my conciousness might continue on when my brain utlimately fails me in the future, and I pass on. I am not especially interested in any one faith's view of the afterlife, or the universe.

Perhaps what you're actually looking for is proof of the afterlife then?

Or maybe even a little relief from the propaganda of the churches... Of course im speaking of hell when I say propaganda...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Perhaps what you're actually looking for is proof of the afterlife then?

Or maybe even a little relief from the propaganda of the churches... Of course im speaking of hell when I say propaganda...

I am looking for some physical evidence of life without a body...proof is something of a misnomer. I just want to see some real concrete clues, if they exist.

I myself do not fall in line with any idea of heaven, hell, or a creator. Just because I don't believe in these things though doesn't mean our conciousness couldn't continue on when the brain dies.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

It means you have more learning to do before you can progess.... reincarnation is going backwards my friend

Can you deny reincarnation exists?

S&F for the thread

edit on 18-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I would have to respectfully disagree with this. Unless a human being can achieve absolute perfection, there is ALWAYS more to learn. It's in my opinion that 1 life is just a blink of an eye and no-where near long enough to learn and achieve all which needs to be...specially when it comes to the overall lesson being, "love".. Trying to say that one "failed" so they need to "learn more" is hardly a step backwards in my humble opinion.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join