It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody see a pattern in these numbers? Need some help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As I have noticed here are a lot of very intelligent people. I hope anybody who is good at mathemathics could help me out with this one.

I have a certain pattern of numbers, which are linked with each other. Although I have no clue how. I got the set at work and as quite a new member I do not want to bother my boss with such a problem.

First 50 numbers (1-25 & 26-50)

So far the best I can come up is that the function creates an output 0,1,2 or 3, but nothing more.

I have tried to figure this out for the whole day, but so far have failed to notice the pattern in these numbers... and to be honest, I am already starting to lose my mind. I would really appreciate if anybody could help me out

Thanks in advance

edit on 18-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

0 = green
1 = black
2 = blue
3 = red

The color of the numbers in the right hand column all match up, with the exception of a black 3 standing next to number 40. It's odd so much attention to the colors were tended to, yet the 3 next to the number 40 is black.

I understand you're looking for a mathematical relationship there, and this may not help. The colors of the numbers in the right hand column looks to be a clue of some sorts though.

I'm interested in further analysis to the math of it, if that's where the formula lays. I'll keep in touch with the thread to find out.

Please indicate the answer if you find out the pattern in math terms. And, maybe anymore information about the numbers to assist the math doers as well.
edit on 18-3-2013 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ttobban

I added the colours myself in order to visually distinct the 0,1,2 and 3. For some people it is easier that way

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Weird all I keep seeing is 3 22 13 and 3 23 13, maybe its just me , but with all this talk of craziness around those dates Im thinking my brain is just seeing what it wants to. Sorry wish i could help interesting tho

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Ooooo this looks really fun, this is right up my alley. I love this sort of thing... I will get to work on it right away. Off the bat things to note and consider, usage of base 4 perhaps may come in handy here.

base 4 to base 10 calculator

Also there are 4 digits, so 16 number combinations exist if the numbers are side by side. I laid out the numbers side by side and found out that there are only 12 combinations used. The ones not used in the sequence are (and their base 10 equivalents:

00 0
01 1
12 6
21 9

I have class from now till 4:30 but I will continue working on it.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Twix404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I've looked at this for a while now and cannot see any correlation between the numbers themselves...

Question: Was number 40 meant to be colored differently or is that an accident? Also, why is the pixel area different for the two different pngs?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here is a bit of data gathered statistically for

1st set

2nd set

Combined sets

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twix404
reply to post by Cabin

I've looked at this for a while now and cannot see any correlation between the numbers themselves...

Question: Was number 40 meant to be colored differently or is that an accident? Also, why is the pixel area different for the two different pngs?

Number 40 is accident. Pixel area is different as I made screenshots with snipping tool in Windows 7.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twix404
Here is a bit of data gathered statistically for

1st set

2nd set

Combined sets

Thanks

Gonna check these out in the morning, currently too tired for thinking.

Sorry, that I can not give much information. I have not much on myself either. My employer just gave me the numbers and asked me to find out how are they related. As far as I know this should be some kind of function ( input 1=output 3, input 50=output 0. Basically y=f(x).

Worked the whole day on it, mostly experimented in Excel, have found nothing siginificant so far though:/ Need to get it done by the end of the week, hopefully I will be able to find something

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know if there was a puzzle element to it. Perhaps this is random data, would that not be an answer? Simply that there is no function to accurately describe the data? I don't know, just saying. I'll keep looking at it.

new topics

top topics

join