It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Political Elite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Today, actually 1 hour ago, the former Prime Minister of Romania was released from prison after only 8 months where he was sentenced for multiple charges of corruption.

His release came with the following statemant: Adrian Nastase is part of a highly influencial european political elite who cannot be sentenced to prison for such charges.

The statemant was made by his lawyer and flooded the news websites imediately after it was made (the statemant) but now, almost two and a half hours later all news about that statemant and its meaning has dissapeared. (the statemant was made before the trial)

The wierd part is that the former PM is a member of some secret groups, most notably Freemasonry, where he is a colegue with other highly influential romanian politicians like Ion Iliescu (the engineer of the fall of communism in Romania) and Dan Voiculescu, a highly influential oligarch and politician.

I don't know what to say about this, the story goes even deeper and needs to be properly written in order to get the facts straight but do these "political elites" consider themselves at such a high level above the law that they can do whatever they want without any consequences? Have they become so powerful that they have become almost untouchable, at least untouchable by law?

We see these examples countless times in every country and it frightens me that they can become like tyranical kings who can do whatever they please without someone being in the position of making them pay for their actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Welcome to planet earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

theres perks when knowing the bankers and those in charge. Nothing with change until it collapses and everything changes

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Adrian Nastase is part of a highly influencial european political elite who cannot be sentenced to prison for such charges.

this is a true statement.
it is not that the law is corrupt. it is because the nature of law is misunderstood by the masses.
if we were all to uncover the source that the authority for these laws are established by and adhere to it, we would be immune to such charges also.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Obviously its not that elite of a group if he spent 8 months in jail.

You'd think if he had that much pull he wouldn't have spent a day in there.

Must be one of those in-between elitists.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

One of the members of that so-called elite would definetely be Silvio Berlusconi. The guy gets away with pretty much anything while attaining the high status and influence. I remember some time ago in Italy he even had some laws made which would make finding out about corruption much harder (some kind of orders needed, no tracing, only certain kind of evidence is approved etc.)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Serving a third of his sentence before release doesn't sound like he is above the law to me.

Besides, what evidence is there that any of the men named are actually Freemasons. I have run across a page in my search that places two of them at an event commemorating the return of Scottish Rite Freemasonry to Romania but nothing suggests to me that either are actually members, there are no numbers or letters after their names and neither is wearing regalia.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't see anything in this story that shows he got special treatment because he was "elite".

He was sentenced to two years for a non-violent crime and got out in 8 months for good behavior.

According to the authorities, Nastase’s conduct in prison has been good. He has taken part in education and therapy programs, and got involved in training activities and positively influenced the other inmates, according to the report of the jail commission. He also constantly updated his blog.

Writing a scientific paper and getting involved in the educational activities earned him 342 credits and three internal rewards. The former PM has not been sanctioned on discipline issues. His good behavior got him a 45-day reduction of his sentence. The former PM also attended nine debates and a conference organized for the inmates. One of the debates was even on political issues. He took five sessions on the eLearning platform, which are a standard for inmates, as well as a family life education program and a program to develop his skills.
Source

With prison overcrowding in some American states, a non-violent criminal like him would have probably gotten out even faster.
edit on 2013.3.18 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Well he had to, almost everyone in his right mind blamed him for the financial decline of Romania during his governance, his faulty privatisations led to the collapse of the majority of the main industrial complexes in the country.

And it is very hard to get some information such as important people from the communist era belonging to groups such as freemasonry, they are all friends with eachother and most of them control the media outlets, the secret service, government... everything .. like a small NWO.

I use Romania to compare NWO actions that are large scale and hard to understand with the ones here to see how they are made and how they work out.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
highly influencial european political elite

There are two things you cannot discuss in lodge, one is religion, the other........politics.

It would be a very interesting thread discussion if :
a: he was proven to be a freemason
b: he spent no time in jail at all

But seeing as how there is not proof offered for "a" and "b" didn't happen, I just don't see where this can go?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
It would be a very interesting thread discussion if :
a: he was proven to be a freemason
b: he spent no time in jail at all

Not sure how the Romanian Grand Lodge operates but if he spent anytime in jail then he is no longer a Mason even if he was one.

edit on 18-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude spent time in jail for excess tea consumption but got out early on good behavior (not peeing in his pants)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

1. Maybe they can discuss politics
2. The investigation began when the opposition party was a majority in parliament, a party that at this moment has no connections to secret groups or things of sorts, the president dislikes the people mentioned above because of their propaganda and the president stil has something to say when it comes to corruption. Besides that if the Social Democrat Party who is not a majority in government just let him go after their atempt to overthrow the president last summer it would have been suspicious, so they rigged the ellections and used propaganda to influence people so that they can get the majority and change the justice system as they pleased in order to help with his release. The 3 people i mentioned above have tremendous power in the country, imagine something like Bush Sr., David Rockefeller and Bob Turner ran the US as they pleased without any resistence.
4. Maybe this political elite is not formed of freemasons, but in fact it is another group which could deserve more atention because of all the conspiracies related to the European Union.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
The statemant was made by his lawyer and flooded the news websites imediately after it was made (the statemant) but now, almost two and a half hours later all news about that statemant and its meaning has dissapeared. (the statemant was made before the trial)

The Internet doesn't really allow statements to "disappear". Someone will fish it out.

The wierd part is that the former PM is a member of some secret groups, most notably Freemasonry, where he is a colegue with other highly influential romanian politicians like Ion Iliescu (the engineer of the fall of communism in Romania) and Dan Voiculescu, a highly influential oligarch and politician.

I see no source for this other than other conspiracy theory forums, none of which cites its own source.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

I've spent some time searching for that statement and even made an account on the netflix-like website where i can find the whole news report but surprise it wouldn't load. I'll do another search when i return home and hope to get something out of it.

top topics

join