It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bat-Eating Spiders Are Everywhere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't like big spiders......

I would say that there aren't any in those pics for North America....BUT......

I have personally seen a spider that was big enough, in Florida, to not only take out any bat it wanted, but small pets as well. Not even close to kidding! My oldest was living in Land O'Lakes at the time, in an area that was fairly swampy. The house they were in was infested with icky wolf spiders. Most were just a bit above average size, as in, perhaps big enough to fill my palm (ick, yuck, shudder), but this one.....this was the stuff of nightmares. She kept telling me there were BIG ones around, and talked about one she claimed was in the corner, behind some boxes that she refused to unpack. Visiting one evening, I saw this HUGE spider. This sucker was bigger than any tarantula I have seen, but it looked just like a wolf spider, other than size. I am talking a good 5 inched across. Stunned, I exclaimed,m "So that's the big one!" I was shocked when she responded, saying, "No, that isn't it. It's bigger." I was sure she was exaggerating at that point....till I heard this rustling from behind the boxes. Up the wall comes THE spider. Spawn of Shelob. Huge, a good eight inches in size, crawling up the wall. This did NOT look lik ea tarantula, banana spider, whatever, it looked just like a wolf spider, just super-sized. At that point, I think my blood congealed. Her response was, "SEE? I wasn't making it up!" That didn't help at all, of course! Well, determined to do SOMETHING, being Mom and all, I picked up a two-by-four that was in the room, for some repair or other. Not planning to go anything like close to this monster, I threw the board like a spear, and hit the spider, dead on. The spider flexed, and then, I swear, made this freaky chittering noise. Spiders don't make noise, I know, but this one did. It reared up on back legs, and looked at us with real menace. We grabbed purses, edged sideways for the door, and fled, like any sane and sensible person would do.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hehe the spiderman ate batman thread interesting.

Pretty crazy how a spider can eat a bat.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
spiders are horrible little creations- having watched those pictures I think I will smash every spider I see today- don't feel bad for them, they would eat me if they were big enough!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Creepy!
Poor bats,lol.
I saw something envolving spiders,that was equally creepy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You don't like spiders? They don't like you either.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now I understand--thank you. Also no need to apologize in your other post.

Have a good one.

Apologize for bully know it all types instead

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join