It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the HELL are they sweetening Pepsi with?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
When I read the thread title, I had contemplated suggesting they use the blood of the innocent to sweeten it....Now I just feel bad. I had no idea that was a viable answer. Good thing I had to quit drinking soda for other health reasons.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Pepsi company must be making different products for different markets.
Here in Oz they're plugging their newest product called 'Pepsi Next' with a light blue logo very similar to the one in the OP which is claimed to be completely 'natural' and very low to no calories as it's sweetened with Stevia which is an extract from a South American plant. Stevia is being pushed as the logical best solution to the problem of high sugar content in all processed foods and is being sold in powder or tablet form in the supermarkets so more and more things are turning up containing it. I tried it and the taste is certainly better (more like cane sugar) than any low cal sweetener I've ever tried but the problem is I'm allergic to the stuff and I've never been allergic to anything in my life. Anything containing Stevia makes me break out in a rash and nauseated. As a comparison, I've been using Saccharin in my coffee for decades with no ill affect whatsoever

Seems my body has declared Stevia a 'no-go' zone perhaps for good reason.
Your experience may vary

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I do not drink much soda - maybe one 12 pack every 2 months or so. As it happens I am currently sitting here with 2 12 ounce cans of Pepsi, poured - over ice - into a 32 ounce cup.

The way I get past all of the nonsense and dangerous artificial sweetener nonsense is by drinking Pepsi Throwback. Ingredients:

Carbonated Water, Sugar, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Caffeine, Natural Flavor

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I do not drink much soda - maybe one 12 pack every 2 months or so. As it happens I am currently sitting here with 2 12 ounce cans of Pepsi, poured - over ice - into a 32 ounce cup.

The way I get past all of the nonsense and dangerous artificial sweetener nonsense is by drinking Pepsi Throwback. Ingredients:

Carbonated Water, Sugar, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Caffeine, Natural Flavor

When I used to drink A LOT of soda, I remember the first time I got the "throwback" kind. It tasted completely different than the stuff I had gotten used to. It didn't taste so different when they first changed from sugar to the artificial stuff, or at least it was less noticeable, but switching back to the good stuff was a total shock to my taste buds. It's like drinking a completely different soda, or seeing an old friend after a long time apart. Not just better for you, it tastes way better too.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

welcome to a world of brittle bones,.by consumption of Phosphoric acid.

welcome the healthcare system... "oh please.. help me.. my hip is broken and I cant get up...
Calcium deficiency is no joke HeF.. learn about it

edit on 18-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No thanks, I prefer to live in the world of moderation.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Cancer in a can, oh boy I bet it tastes good.

Sodas can already dissolve teeth, anything else would just be icing on the cake. Might as well be acid they're adding

Now what the heck am I going to be mixing my whiskey with? Definitely won't be buying Pepsi anymore...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantroseEnjoy that sweet sweet baby you're drinking.

Senomyx Info
edit on 18/3/2013 by clairvoyantrose because: (no reason given)

Are the babies organic? I try to stay away from chemicals.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I brought a two litre bottle of that pepsi next stuff the other day... That stuff was super addictive. I wont let my younger sis drink it cos I swear it has coc aine in it or something. I seriously cannot believe how addictive it was. Anyone else notice this? It really cant be good for us...
yeah sorry i didnt read through all of your OP but I'm on a phone and its an eyeful. But I will be back to add something useful.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Here's a much better idea (Lets all Drink #loads of Beer & or Whiskey instead of pepsi & soft drinks

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxrockerfella
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Here's a much better idea (Lets all Drink #loads of Beer & or Whiskey instead of pepsi & soft drinks

Actually, if you consider the principle of moderation yes alcoholic drinks like wine for instance have a mix of beneficial effects that soda does not.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why would it matter? It might as well be aspartame, which is well known to be poisonous and used extensively in diet pops and thousands of foods, labeled or not. And there GM foods and a wide variety of hormones and pesticides that are never disclosed. Food can hardly be called food these days.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
shhhhhhh ... it's soylent green

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Personally I gave up the sugar water drinks 2 years ago due to articles about high fructose corn syrup here at ATS and other sources. I have no proof, but I have always believed that when Coke debuted it's "new" coke in the '80's, and subsequent abandonment due to public demand was just to switch out cane sugar for HFCS in the original formula.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Not related to the 'new' pepsi, but here's something I didn't know.. I feel sorry for you guys in the US:

"Pepsi Next, (stylized as pepsi next), is a cola-flavored carbonated soft drink, sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, and sucralose, produced by PepsiCo, and marketed toward drinkers of its full-calorie Pepsi, and those who do not enjoy the taste of Diet Pepsi, Pepsi One, Pepsi Max, and other diet colas.

The Australian Pepsi Next is sweetened using an extract from stevia and has no artificial sweeteners. It is marketed as having "30% less sugar"."

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I honestly don't understand why people just don't drink filtered water most of the time, but if you want some flavor, try water plus vitamin C powder (several GRAMS) plus enough stevia powder or liquid to taste. It tastes like lemonade and you get a hoofin' amount of vitamin C with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Woaah woooaah wooaah sweet&refreshing child o' miiiine.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My daughter, a General Manager at a fine restaurant, was just telling me about something called Miracle Berries that they served with sliced citrus wedges as the final course of a wine dinner. These berries are flavor modifiers that when dissolved on the tongue, make sour or bitter flavors taste very sweet and richly enhanced. The effect lasts 30-60 minutes. Regular lemons, limes and grapefruit taste amazing and sweet. She mentioned something about it being turned it into a sweetener, but so far, it is available in pill form to the public. Sounds like there might be a connection between Pepsi's new sweetener, and these berries.

Miracle Berry tablets

Wikipedia - Synsepalum dulcificum

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Furthermore, the basis of this article is that Pepsi have already changed the recipie of Pepsi, and has already swapped out sugar with some other Senomyx sweetener.

After a lot of searching, I cant find any evidence of that either.
The original 2011 source states that ...
1. Pepsi will soon release a new low sugar drink that a lot of research has already gone into,
2. They've done a deal with Senomyx for research into NEW sweeteners

...and then conflates those two things together to state as fact that the new drink will contain Senomyx products.

It doesnt seem true.

The new drink (which we now know as Pepsi NEXT)
- was designed before the Senomyx deal
- contains no artificial sweeteners

Summary: There is no suggestion of anything remotely true in any of the statements in the scary story posted by the OP. Cant find a shred of evidence to back up anything at all.

what senomyx makes wouldn't be classified as an artificial sweetener. it would either be a "natural flavor" or "flavor additive"

so, you can drink "100% natural flavor" drinks with no "artificial sweeteners" and still consume this crap.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I get a kick out of all of the food isn't safe stuff... Not making fun of you by any means at all but it's not like we live forever anyways. If you enjoy it drink it if not don't. Simple as that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join